PDA

View Full Version : Waving the white flag....

NoodleMom
05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
This rash is spreading. My neck, face, arms and scalp.It is so itchy and blotchy and scaly. The ones on my head hurt so bad when I try to comb or brush my hair. The doctor gave me some kind of oil to apply to the ones on my head. I am wearing a bandana cuz my hair is so oily as well as then I cant scratch. I am on a medrol pack and she increased my imuran.

This is just awful. I didnt sleep well last night and Im tired and achey. My mouth hurts so bad that I cannot eat. I hate this. I wanna curl up into a ball and just cry. I look awful and feel awful.

:hissyfit::no::grumpy:

Angel Oliver
05-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh Kasey....you are going through so much lately....i wish i could help in some way.
Even though i carnt help physically....please know today,sat in my garden i did thinking of you,what you are going through.You just keep taking the meds,the pack the oil....it will help you but like everything it takes time.Bandanners look fab anyway,even though you wont feel very well,the itching and soreness.I'll say a prayer for you in a minute when i lie down...for you to feel some ease and happiness in your life....and soon.PLease always remember ...we al care for you dearly here.
Sending you masses of love and hugs.
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
hi kasey

so sorry that the white flag is out. Can you go to the ER....i had a similar rash twice, and they pumped me full of benedryl in IV and i god relief pretty quickly.

NoodleMom
05-31-2009, 07:51 AM
No, Im on all the meds that I can take for it afaik. Besides ER costs too much. Im just going to have to wait it out. I did take a shower this morning and loaded up on conditioner. Hopefully my scalp will not be so dry. I had my bandana off while I was watching a show and before I knew it I had scratched them all again.

I am just so tired of it all. I just hate this. Wonder if I'll ever catch a break?
Good thing I have extra white flags around here.

K

Pearl
05-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Sorry you are having such a rough time. Hang in there. Take care of yourself and try (I know it is hard) to keep from being stressed. It's so stupid to say that, I know. Like having lupus isn't stressful....however, you know the stress makes it worse. Stay inside today, enjoy your kids, watch a movie and rest. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Jana

abbasgirl
05-31-2009, 05:13 PM
When I get those rashes, and they won't respond to much, ohhh the agony! I throw up the white flag too.

(((hugs))) I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but it will get better.

lucky7
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh KAsey, i am SO SORRY for your discomfort:no: I feel your pain. It WILL pass and i KNOW that doesnt make it any better NOW but what ive noticed is that my flares can be soooooooo bad to not so bad, sometimes they bring on something new, sometimes not, sometimes the symptoms are WORSE than ever and sometimes they arent so bad. OUr bodies are so alll over the place with Lupus and i am thinking of you and what your body is doing latley and i wish i could help you. I not so long ago had the itchy rashes from my scalp to my face and i thought i was just falling apart. It does make you feel so icky i know, but i at this particular moment dont have that anymore, so please remember, it WILL PASS and YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT, YOU ALWAYS DO,Right?! YOU ARE SO STRONG MY FRIEND, even when you arent feeling as such.:yes: YOU are in my Heart and my thoughtsXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX