PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here in this site

starletHearty
05-30-2009, 03:08 AM
:veryhappy: Hi, I'm new member here..Let me first introduce myself, Im Ria 25 yrs old from Philippines..I also have LUPUS, stage IV..I was diagnose last year, when I found out that I have Lupus, it was so hard for me to accept it, I have so many question, that I wanted to be answer...I feel that I don't i wanna live in this world anymore, all my dreams was all crash...I was supposed to be graduating Nursing this year, but sad to say i could not study or continue my study due to my sickness...I been asking to myself why this things need to happen to me, what I have done for me to suffer like this???...I just could not understand it :grumpy:, But then little by little I understand what's happening to me, with the help of my family..I'm very thankful that I have a very loving and caring family who's always there to support me, and to comfort me...:yes: Right now I'm undergoing for a dialysis, also a chemo therapy...Hummm...just wanna ask where can i ask for a help like financial??? Hope there some people have a good heart could help me..because dialysis its so expensive..This will be all for now..Thanks hope to hear from all of you God bless!!!

mountaindreamer
05-30-2009, 06:53 AM
hi ria,

first, welcome to the group....you will find a tremendous amount of knowledge and compassion among our members. Any questions that you might have, hopefully can be answered.

i am so sorry to hear about your situation. So many of us have had to give up our lives as we knew them, and we have established a new "normal". It does not make it any easier, and i hope that your disease will subside and maybe go into remission.

I too am on chemo, don't like the side effects, but it really makes me feel better. I don't have experience with dialysis, but i can see it has caused many hardships for you and your family. I am sure someone will be along who can help you with your financial aid question, hopefully there are resources available that you qualify for.

Are you on medicaid or any type of disability? I wonder if you do qualify for federal money, if maybe there would be a way to also get help with the costs of dialysis.

Please keep in touch,

Saysusie
05-30-2009, 08:30 AM
I am so glad that you decided to join us here. You will find that this forum is filled with people who are more than happy to answer your questions, give you support, provide you with information, and, especially, to let you know that you are not alone.
I'm sorry to hear that your are suffering from kidney damage because of your Lupus. Mountaindreamer has already given you some good suggestions about financial help. I'm not sure what types of help are available in the Philippines, but are you eligible for any type of medical? You might check with your social services department to find out if you might qualify for that type of help.
In the meantime, we are here to provide you with as much help as we can. Again....welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
05-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Hello and welcome.Sorry you are going through such a hard time,but we are all here for you...to help you.

Sending you gentle hugs
love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx

Pearl
05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
So sorry you are struggling. I am happy you have a loving and supportive family by your side. Try to stay as positive as possible and know that we are here to lend a kind word and to listen.

Wishing you wellness,

Jana