PDA

View Full Version : It's Officially Official

red246
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I went back to rheumy today. I got my reminder phone call yesterday, which if they hadn't called I would have forgotten about my appt! :) I debated about going since I've been looking for a new dr, but decided to go since I've been feeling so crappy lately. Told her what has been going on, and she said that given how things are going and new issues that she feels that I do indeed have Lupus. (Well, duh, isn't that what I've been saying all along!?!?) I felt like doing the happy dance and crying at the same time. So, the new plan is this: go back on Prednisone, starting at 20mg, start taking Methotrexate (after bloodwork comes back okay) & Folic Acid. She said that after being on Metho for 1 1/2 wks I can taper down to 15 mgs of Pred & if after another 1 1/2 wks I'm still feeling okay we try going down to 10mg. So, that's my new for the day! HOpe everyone is having a good day!

pamjw
05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Thats great that you got some answers!
I hope the meds help you out.
PAM

Angel Oliver
05-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Im so glad you got a diagnosis and confirmation what you already in your mind knew.But at the same time im sorry.Sending you gentle hugs and hope now with the right meds you begin,in time to feel a bit better.

love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxxxx

lucky7
05-28-2009, 01:23 PM
That is a bitter sweet moment huh!!! Im happy you FINALLY have what you need, an official diagnosis!!!!:cute:

mountaindreamer
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
hey red246,

my dr. put me on methotrexate in an effort to keep steroids at minimum. Hope your dr. can tapper your prednisone down to zero.

Margie26
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
That's wonderful, Lauren! It is a great relief to get a final diagnosis and medications to help you. :yes:

I have been feeling real bad with chest pain today and shortness of breath, but I have hope that the doc will give me the right medication after the blood lab results come in.

Hugs,

Margie

red246
05-29-2009, 04:42 AM
It is bittersweet. I keep going back forth between being happy :yes: & depressed :hissyfit:. I think my mother is having a harder time with it than me. My sister died almost 16 yrs ago, cancer, and now she is worried about me. I tell her not too, but as a mother, I know that is easier said than done!

Gentle hugs to all of you! Margie, hope you get some relief soon!

rob
05-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi Lauren,

You have every right to feel bittersweet. So many people exist in this "diagnostic limbo" for years, so you are lucky to have a diagnosis. You are unlucky though, as you've been diagnosed with Lupus. There are reasons to feel both scared, and relieved. Many of us have been through this. You will find a balance, and come to accept all this. It can take time and patience from you and those around you, but you can find a routine that you can live with.

Rob

lucky7
06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
AWWWW Lauren, im SO SORRY about yoiur sister:no: What a sad thing for your family to deal with. You are right though about a mom CANT not worry even if she wants to! Its in our blood!!! :yes: WE LOVE OUR BABIES!!!!!

dsunshine
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis...I am sure that was not an easy pill to swallow. I cried when I was told i have Lupus. I knew my family was going to freak out especially given how sick I was and was looking. Glad your doctor has a plan of action to help make you comfortable and hopefully get you in remission!