PDA

View Full Version : Burning feeling below knee cap

ssingh
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I feel this burning feeling below knee cap time to time. or when I am too tired or when I over do things. My knee feels cold but inside I feel burning. Anyone?

abbasgirl
05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Ow. That sounds awful. I'd talk to the doctor about that. I don't have anything like that. The only burning I feel is when I've stretched muscles too far they'll burn. You may need to have that knee X rayed or get an MRI to see what's going on. How long have you had this burning? Have you injured it in the past?

Maggie79
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I have an issue with my knee too, when I walk to far or during a hike my knew inside it feels very large and swollen, althought it looks fine. I have a cyst inside under the knee cap but the doctor says that it can't be causing all the pain. MRI next week, again.

lucky7
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, i too get this. :wacko: Not only do my knees do it, but my elbows and my wrists are doing it now too. Im popping a lot of those advils these days!! :yes: I was on just 5mg of Flexeril a night and that had to be raised to 10mg also. IM JUST GLAD TO BE GETTING MY SLEEP! WOO HOO to Dreaming! Im put into a deep slumber!!! Its GREAT actually, cuz i had a dream about my 2 hotties from one of my favorite shows "SUPERNATURAL"! I woke up feeling really happy the next morning!!! :cute:

mountaindreamer
05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
hi ssingh,

have you been tested for fibromyalgia. One of the pressure points is located just below the knee cap, and fibro pain is often a burning feeling.

magistramarla
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Some of this also reminds me of AVN, or osteonecrosis, pain. Perhaps another thing to be checked for?
Marla

ssingh
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Is there a clinical test for fibro?

KATROACH1972
05-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I know there is pressure points, for fibro, and I am almost positive they use a lab test for it now. I have the burning pain everywhere but also below knee. I was told that its the inflamation of the connective tissue. Which makes since, Since we have inflamatory conditions. I only found ice to help sometimes. I hope you find relief! Hugs kathy

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/conditions/fibromyalgia-3.html

try this link for fibro lab info

abbasgirl
05-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Is it only a burning feeling with fms? Or are there other pains that come with it? Or both? I have only just began my research on it since the pcp suspects it as my last appt. She didn't do the entire pressure point test because some areas she touched made me come up off the table. The next day I felt like so sore around one particular point...everything around it felt like I had been working them out, you know? That ache from working muscles too hard? The skin above the hip...I couldn't even touch it lightly it hurt so bad.

That is very interesting about the lab tests. I'm going to share that with my doc. I don't recall anyone doing a TSH, CK, or CMP.

mountaindreamer
05-31-2009, 06:39 PM
i was diagnosed with fibro in 1996, there were no clinical tests for diagnosis, only touching pressure points. Burning is not the only pain, it just seems to start there and then expand. fibro attacks the soft connectifve tissue and sometimes feels like it is in the joints. If you were coming off the table sounds like you may definitely have fibro....it is truly a very painful illness. there are some medications that some people find successful. I was not able to take them, so i just deal with the pain.

hope your dr. can help you with this, and can start getting you some relief.

Maggie79
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I went ahead and got the MRI of my knee and besides the cyst it turns out that I've damaged the cartlidge (probably from a fall I took a few years back). Interesting thought to think that some things might be caused outside of Lupus, although it is such a good scape goat sometimes.

mountaindreamer
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
hi maggie,

i know what you mean....we get so accustomed to everything being "lupus related", that we tend to not look outside of the box. Sorry you are having knee problems, but i am glad that it is not lupus related. At least the damage is done and no more injury will occur, which is not the case with lupus