PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone :)

Monique89
05-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Hi everyone :)

I live in Melbourne, Australia, im 19 years old, and i was diagnosed only last week with Lupus. Its all a little overwhelming and confusing at the moment, but i am happy that i have a few answers now...
Im currently at uni, studying a Bachelor of Education (Primary) full time. I also work part time as a receptionist at a hotel.
Not quite sure what else to say at the moment, but if you have any questions, feel free...

Angel Oliver
05-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Oh hello and glad you are here.Sorry you have Lupus but you have come to the best knowledgeable site with very caring,understanding members here.I just posted the other thread to say yes we do have other Australian members, so they'll reply to your post soon im sure.Bachelor of Education hey...well done and goodluck with that,sounds fab.You have a look round at the 'stickys' they have ALL the info you need to help you answer a few questions.Ask us anything.We also have an arcade and if you click on community then social groups, we have some fun there too.
I know it'll be a bit scary for you now,not knowing allot of stuff, but we will all help you.Glad you found us.
love and hugs
Angel.xxxxxxx

Pearl
05-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome. As Angel said, lots of info and friendship here. Glad you found us. Hopefully, some of your fellow Aussies will be along shortly to say hello.

I hope today finds you well.

Jana

mountaindreamer
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
hi monique,

sounds like you are a very busy young lady. I know this is a frightening time for you, because the unknown is so scarey. The compassionate and knowledgeable members of this site will help you find your way through this phase, and we will be with you as you find how to continue your life while living with lupus.

there are so many young people who continue their education, get married and have children. Hopefully, your disease will go into remission and you will enjoy many years of pursuing your dreams.

to reduce the frequency and the magnitude of flares, read and follow the information about living with lupus that is provided in the stickys section.

glad you found us, and good luck with all of your studies.

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Welcome Monique! I look forward to getting to know you. Sounds like you are staying busy and not letting things get you down. Its always fun to have another Aussie among us!! :yes:

Delphinia981
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey Monique! Welcome to the board!

I know that a Lupus diagnosis is no fun...but now that you know what you are up against, youc an be proactive in your care and lifestyle to hopefully manage symptoms and flares. Best advice I can give you at this point is to get a rheumatologist that you like and that you trust. They will be your new best friend!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

lucky7
05-28-2009, 03:23 PM
WECOME MONIQUE!!!!!! I thought you should have this pink cuz i think that name is Beautiful! Honestly though, i JUST NOW figured out how to change the color of my posts! DUH!!!! :wacko: You're the First color change i tried!!!! I DO love that name too though!!!! Glad you found us!!!!

Saysusie
05-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello and Welcome Monique:
So glad that you found us and that you joined our family. This is the place to be in order to find answers. However, you will also find understanding, friendship, compassion and acceptance.
We have a "Teens Forum" here where you can meet and exchange ideas with others in your age group!
I am so happy that you are here!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Monique. So sorry for the reason that brought you here, but glad you found this spot. I've been here only a while. I always log off feeling better than I was before logging in. I appreciate the warm fellowship, the fun, and gleaning so much knowledge too. All in one place! I'm happy you're here to add to it.

ashleybaby715
05-29-2009, 10:17 AM
hi monique.
my name is ashley.
i was diagnosed with lupus on january 12th of this year.
i know what you mean by it being overwhelming....but your at the right place!
this website is the best support system you could get lol!!

feel free to message me if you want to talk! i'd love to hear your lupus story.

talk soon!

xx
Ashley