PDA

View Full Version : Who do you look like?

froggal
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Has anyone ever told you that you look like someone famous? Back when my hair was long and I had a nice tan (pre-lupus days) Someone once told me that I looked like Mariah Carey. I was never so insulted in all my life . . . UNTIL this weekend. A lady came up and told me that I look like Kate Goselin (sp?) from the tv show Jon and Kate plus 8. That was even more offensive to me than the Mariah Carey comparison. This just has me thinking . . . Who do our WHL members look like? Thought it might be kind of fun to hear who everyone might resemble! :laugh:

Oluwa
05-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Was it their personality that was insulting or their looks? I think they are both attractive and so are you...

Humm..It has been suggested I look like...

Ann Margaret
Rachel Welch
Teena Marie
Charro...lol....cuchi-cuchi

I think it they had to do more with my hair style.. little nose, full lips, high cheeks...and not the face as a whole.

Or my figure..I wish.

L.
O.

debbie-b
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
My husband always says that I look like Ingrid Bergman, maybe because I am from Germany and she is a german actress.

Debbie

Pearl
05-26-2009, 08:39 AM
What a great idea.

OK girls. I can't compete with either Mariah Carey or Raquel Welch:) So, can I just pick someone I want to look like??????

Rastagirl
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
What a fun thread!

I've been told by strangers a few times that I look like Goldie Hawn....big eyes, small nose, same shape face.

I love Goldie Hawn....she's so sweet and pretty...so took it as a compliment each time.

It's funny though....I sure don't see it in my face. I find it interesting how we all see things so differently....and what we see, which features our brain finds in common with others, when we look at someone's face.

:cool2: Lori

DrinkofWtr
05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I was told by a Phd Engineer that I used to work for that I look like a cross between Doris Day and Marilyn Monroe. When I was younger, I was told that I looked like a short Jayne Mansfield.

Grime
05-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Sam Elliot looks like me. He's famous and I'm not. My voice is not quite as deep as his. Oh well.

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Oluwa you are a sweetheart. Definately because of their personalities were the comparisons insulting! OMG! Lori, you do look like Goldie Hawn!! This is SO interesting . . . Keep em coming guys, I am having fun with this! Rob reminds me of someone, but I cant quite put my finger on it . . . Hmmmmm?

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Pearl, sure you can!! :yes: If I got to choose who I want to look like, that would have to be either Jessica Rabbit or my mom!!! (I look just like my dad)

Oluwa
05-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Oh, I forgot one, even my family says...Fran Drescher. Funny, I've been told one too many times I sound like here too...r-r-r-rr-r-r-r. I swear am not nasally.

Love.
O.

rob
05-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Back before I grew a beard, people told me often that I looked like the country/bluegrass singer Vince Gill. It must have been true because I was in Las Vegas once on business and had these two really nice elderly ladies staring at me and whispering to each other. They finally came up to me and asked if I was him. Too funny.

Rob

Delphinia981
05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I've been told that I look like everyone from Rosie O'Donnell (!!) to Marie Osmond to Renee Zellweiger. LOL! :)

Larz77
05-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Hugh Jackman!!

Angel Oliver
05-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh my he is delish! xx

froggal
05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
I can see the Vince Gill comparison Rob, but that is not it!! I will figure it out someday!! Hugh Jackman!!! YUMMY!!!

lucky7
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
OMG what a cute thread guys!!!!! Ive been told that i look like Shania Twain (i just LOVE her music!), Jennifer Love-Hewitt(i wish i had her boobs!) and Celine Dion (dont really like that one!). HMMMM, if only i were a mix of them all i would be Beautiful, Rich and Multitalented!!!!!! LOL:laugh: I wish!!!

lucky7
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I agree Froggal! I thought the same thing about Rob!!! Too funny!!!!! I cant put my finger on it either!!!!!!! Come on Rob, help us out!!!!!! LOL

froggal
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Jeanette, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! I would also say Jennifer Love Hewitt. She is a doll! I have thought that since I first saw you. I do see the Shania Twain comparison too! Susie also reminds me of someone that I just cant quite put my finger on. It will come to me. (as soon as "the fog" clears!) :wacko:

lucky7
05-28-2009, 05:08 PM
AHHHHH, the question is though Froggal, does the fog EVER really CLEAR? FOR myself, not that often! LOL:laugh: Thanks Froggal, you are too sweet! I loved your story about what you do for a living thread! COOL!!!!!:cute: Its really neat how your parents did 2 VERY different things!:yes:

froggal
05-28-2009, 05:36 PM
It was like living in two different worlds at times!! (Depending on my mothers stress level, sometimes it was like a bar in her flower shop!) I was very fortunate, both of my parents taught me skills that I will always be able to fall back on! (I LOVE flowers, but if I had to choose, I would mix drinks!)

rob
05-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Jeanette,

I was thinking you looked like Celine Dion, not a bad thing-she's a beautiful (and talented) lady. As for me, I think there's a picture of me kicking around here somewhere before I had my beard, might help you figure out who you think I look like. I think it's in the thread by Tobyjug called "the picture of you thread". One of the ladies in Vegas actually asked for my autograph! I could have had fun with that-oh well.

Angie, I'm not sure who you look like, but you have a very like-able look! I'm trying to picture that happy face pissed and hurling a clipboard at someone-can't quite picture it!

abbasgirl
05-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh my he is delish! xx

Lol. Yes, he is.

abbasgirl
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I can't participate in this one. No one has ever told me I look like anyone except a cousin they have or an old friend. I have one of those faces ...common. lol.

Rob, I can see the Vince Gill comparison. I think Jeanette looks more like Jennifer Love Hewitt than Celine. Both of them are beautiful though.

Froggal, Mariah Carey is beautiful. What a compliment!

Saysusie reminds me of someone too but I can't figure it out either. I've got brain fog too. It's a beautiful actress but I can't think of her name or what she was in.

rob
05-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Since Saysusie is actually a well known, and talented singer, I can say that Saysusie reminds me of, well-Saysusie!

Larz77
05-29-2009, 07:26 AM
OK, I have to say it and as SaySusie is a Star Trek fan she won't take this bad....I think she looks like Nichelle Nichols, Lieutenant Uhura of Star Trek Fame....

Angel Oliver
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Ive never been told i look like anyone.....any suggestions...oh not the dog thats daisy lol......think i just look like me too.xxx

Saysusie
05-30-2009, 10:11 AM
You guys are hilarious!!!
Actually, I've been told for years, that I look like Camille Cosby (Bill Cosby's wife). Everywhere I go, if I see someone staring at me, I know what they are thinking! So, I have to tell you this story: I was at the airport getting ready to travel somewhere. Because of my frequent flier miles, I was allowed to wait in the VIP lounge. While sitting there waiting for my flight, an employee came in and said, "You're Camille Cosby!" I replied, "No I'm not her". His response was, "Yes you are". Again, I replied, "No, I'm not". Anyway, this banter went on like a ping pong game until I got frustrated and got up to walk away. As I was trying to leave, he jumped in front of me and asked, "Can I have your autograph?". At this point, I was doubting his intelligence, but I took his pen and paper and signed it: Carlotta Y. Diggs. I handed it back to him and started to walk away. I looked back at him and saw him looking at the signature with a puzzled face, to which I said, "I told you I was NOT Camille Cosby..so now you have a worthless signature!" He then gave me a smirk and said, "Yes you are!" I thought, "This guy is truly beyond any hope!"

At any rate, because of this similarity between me and Camille Cosby, I still get stopped at events, in public places, at airports, etc. and most people refuse to believe me when I say that I am not her! So, now I just smile when they say "Wow, Camille, I can't believe you're here" (or something of that nature) and I reply, "Well, I've got to be somewhere don't I?"

It's a running joke now:yes:

Rob...I can also see Vince Gill in you....but as I've mentioned before, there is something in your face that is so calming, reassuring and peaceful. So, I say that it is ALL YOU!!
Larz....Uhura is a compliment for me. I always thought that she was Da Bomb!!! So, if you're talking about the original or this newest one, I am taking both or either as a true compliment (lol).

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Larz77
05-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Saysusie, you DO look like Camille Cosby!! I don't recall having ever seen a picture of her, so I googled her. There was Saysusie staring up at me!!

I have not seen the new Star Trek, and going by the picture I see on you posts, I thought you looked like the original Uhura!!

Saysusie
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Thank You Larz77;
If I cut my hair very short, I get even more people stopping me and asking "Where's Bill?" or "Can I have your autograph?"..........:wacko:

As I said, I always thought that the original Uhura was a beautiful African-American woman with her smooth chocolate skin and her mysterious eyes!! She was my idol! So....that is a very grand compliment for me!! THANK YOU!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah Saysusie!!!! You do look like her!!!!!! OMG!!! I knew it was someone BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I loved the Cosby Show!!!! Iwatched it all of the time and i ALWAYS thought how BEAUTIFUL the mom was and shoot, STILL IS!!!!ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS Saysusie!!!!
Youre right about the pic from when Toby started that thread Rob! Thats when i thought "dang, who does Rob look like?" I also thought "dang Rob is frigin HOT!" WEW WEW to Rob!!!!!:cute:

lucky7
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL Angie!!!! Too funny about you would rather mix drinks!!!!!! :laugh: You get tips instead of thorns huh!!!!! OK, that was a really lame joke but hey, im still getting over being sick and my joints are killing me, so cut me some slack guys huh?! LOL
Larzz, WOW Hugh Jackman?!!! THAT deserves a WEW WEW too!!!! SEXY!!!!:yes:

lucky7
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey Abbasgirl, THANK YOU!!! Id rather hear Jennifer Love-Hewitt!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! LOL My husband thinks i look MORE like her and Shania in person than in my pics. AHHH, our men know what to say to stay in our good graces dont they!!!! LOL:cute:

froggal
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Rob, thank you for that compliment. I am going to look up that thread because it is making me crazy, trying to figure out who you look like!! Susie, I can see the Camille comparison, but I have to agree more with the Nichelle comparison. I will figure you out too . . . EVENTUALLY!!! :cute:

Pretti in Pink
06-04-2009, 06:02 PM
People always tell me I look like someone they know but can't think of who, now that makes me wonder is it because they don't want to be rude or do they really not know. But I do always get that I have a familiar face from people.

Family members always tell me I look just like my mom, which I take as a compliment because she look GOOD! I hope when I'm her age I look as good as she does.

rob
06-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Angie,

Here's a mugshot of me before the beard (I edited out that police thing I was holding with my name and booking number on it!):laugh:

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41&d=1244336184

DreaminDutch
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
What a great sense of humor you have!

vaanisingh94
06-04-2009, 08:37 PM
well iamam indian so my friends told me i look like Freida Pinto from slumdog millionaire, its kinda funny:P ,,but hummmm never know!:)

froggal
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Rob!!! I got it!!! You are SO Tom Cruise without the beard!! I went to the other thread and saw the pic of you beardless and it hit me!!!

rob
06-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Rob!!! I got it!!! You are SO Tom Cruise without the beard!! I went to the other thread and saw the pic of you beardless and it hit me!!!

Wow, I've never heard that before. For the record, I don't go on Oprah and jump on the couch, and I don't believe we are all decendants of little green aliens from planet X! (Cruise is kind of weird, but he's a good actor).

froggal
06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Tom Cruise is still hot! He is also still an awesome actor. Yes, it is true, he is no longer in his right mind . . . and his left mind is FULL! Now I just have to figure out who Susie reminds me of! It is making me crazy! I am not giving up! I will keep this thread active until I figure it out! LOL! :yes:

MicRoMediC
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
mmkk...i don't look like anybody else. i have never been told i look like anybody else. either everyone's trying to tell me i'm ugly or i'm just a one of a kind! lol.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Well ive been told i look like a moomin

Ermm prob a bit of my mum and dad...although some ppl say i look like my older sister!

ISDM

ashleybaby715
06-06-2009, 06:31 PM
bahh i've gotten so many different people.

now that my hair is shorter, and blonder [[which reminds me, i need to put a new picture on here...haha]]
i've gotten paris hilton.
which i mean, isn't an insult, cuz shes pretty ! :]
haha
but i've gotten britney spears...
lindsay lohen [[cuz of the freckles... iguess??]]
ohh and hannah montana...hahaha cuz i got the blonde hair, bangs in the front...but i totally had it first ! haha

idk i dont see any of them in me ?hahahaa