PDA

View Full Version : Sun sensitivity and spots (rash)

NoodleMom
05-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Last year I developed a rash on my back from a few minutes of exposure to direct sun on my upper back. It was horrible itchy.
FF to this summer. I have been slathering on the 85spf sunscreen, wearing my hat and a spf treated pullover. I have spots again. A dry, scaly and terribly itchy patch on my cheekbone, some on my neck and jawline. I am so bummed. On my face. Arrgh. :shocked::no::hissyfit:

K

mountaindreamer
05-25-2009, 07:49 AM
hi kasey,

i also have a place on my back that is discolored, has a raised spot in middle, and sometimes flares up and itches me to death. I have some cream (polysporin) that helps some, but this place on my back has its own mind, and acts up whenever it wants to.

good luck with the places on your jaw, cheek and neck...hope you can find something that helps.

NoodleMom
05-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I am using hydrocortisone cream. That is what I used last year along with Bactroban an anti-biotic. They helped my rash last year.

I hope that it doesnt spread. Im being vain but I dont want this raised scaly red itchy rash all over my face. I already have the malar rash. Nothing more please.

K

Delphinia981
05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Kasey,

I have tried Aveeno Ultra Calming Lotion (about $16 a bottle) with GREAT results for my malar rash and red scaly spots like you are describing. You can get it just about everywhere. Only problem is, it's SPF 15, so you'll need to use extra sunscreen once the lotion has absorbed. At night, I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion on dry patches to keep them supple. Doesn't do much for the discoloration, though.

I used to have significantly worse reactions to the sun year ago, and then realized that I was allergic to the PABA in sunscreen. You may want to try a PABA-free sunblock if you haven't already...see if that helps.

Best of luck!