PDA

View Full Version : Flags At the Cemetery

DrinkofWtr
05-24-2009, 08:30 PM
There were lots of flags at the local cemetery today in honor of the veterans. It was quite a sight to behold. I was thinking about all the cemetery's and all the flags being displayed during this Memorial Day Weekend. Let us all reflect upon the men and women in the armed services this Memorial Day. Their sacrifices are honored and appreciated.

Delphinia981
05-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes yes...God Bless them all!

rob
05-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Where I live, every single telephone pole on the major streets has an American Flag waving from it. Overnight, volunteers have put a small American Flag in front of every single headstone at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery. It's such a serene sight to see. I'm headed over there for todays remembrance ceremonies later on. It's a beautiful sunny spring day here. Perfect for a day of reflection, and thanks.

froggal
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
There is nothing more touching to me than going to a cemetary and seeing it covered in flags. I love the USA, and I appreciate all those who give their lives so that I may remain free. God Bless America! :usa1:

Pearl
05-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Rob - our town also hangs flags from every telephone pole down its two main streets. If you get up early enough, you can watch the firemen driving down the street in their ladder truck, hanging the flags from each pole with the sort of reverence one might expect to see at the raising of old glory for a formal, military review. And, we also have the single greatest 4th of July celebration ever to be experienced. Just a small town, full of patriotic people, shooting off so many fireworks that my husband and I have often exclaimed that it sounds like a battlefield right in our front yard. It puts a very humbling perspective on the beautiful sights. Our founding fathers would be proud of our little town. I am grateful to live in a place where the remembrance of those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom is never forgotten.

lucky7
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Beautifully said Jana. I salute those men and women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.:usa: My own grandmother was in WWII. What stories to tell.
I love you and i miss you every day grandmaXXXXXX0000000