PDA

View Full Version : hello

TrumpetGirl
05-22-2009, 08:00 AM
HI I am Viola. I found I had lupus IN november. I am in 7th grade. My docter caught the Lupus Very early. Does any one know how to relieve the Butterfly Rash?:unsure:

mountaindreamer
05-22-2009, 08:49 AM
hi viola,

i am so glad that your dr. diagnosed your lupus very early...hopefully, he can start you on meds that will help.

there is some cream that your dr. can prescribe, that helps. Also, the main thing is to protect yourself from sun rays and fluorscent lights. wear sunblock with at least 35-50 spf. protecting from the uv rays is the main thing we can do lessen flares.

welcome to the group...ask any questions, and we will try to help.

Saysusie
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Hello Viola;
Mountaindreamer has given you excellent advice. It is important that you avoid sunlight and if you must be outdoors, make sure that you wear sunscreen with a high SPF. Make sure that it is a wide spectrum sunscreen (protects you from UVA & UVB). Also, try to keep a hat on so that the sun does not further aggravate your rash.
There are some medications that your doctor might prescribe. One is Plaquenil. However, it takes weeks to a month for Plaquenil to really show progress as it works from the inside out. Your doctor may also prescribe a steroidal cream for the rash. However, in most cases, treating the underlying condition (Lupus) often helps to treat the rash. For many, the rash eventually goes away once the disease is under control. But for now, the best thing that you can do is avoid the sun as much as possible!
I wish you the very best. There is a "Teens Forum" here where you can meet and talk with other's in your age group. Welcome to our family:yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Pearl
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM
What a beautiful name. Welcome to the forum. We have many young members here...hopefully they will be along soon to welcome you. You've been given excellent advice already, so I'll just wish you well and tell you to have a great weekend.

P.S. - Check out the arcade here on the forum. Lots of fun games!

Jana

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello and welcome.Yes what a beautiful name.Hope you get the cream and it helps you soon.We are all here for you so ask anything...we will help you where we all can my friend.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxx

Delphinia981
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello Viola! Do you play trumpet? I'm a former brass player myself...trumpet and french horn! Woohoo!

I'm pretty picky about what I put on my face, but my malar rash was totally out of control, and I sweat too much to cover it up. I have a friend with Rosacea (which causes reddening of the face), and she had a lot of success with Aveeno Ultra-Calming lotion. Not given, it's $16 a bottle, but I tried it with GREAT success. Just another option you may want to consider. I don't know if it works for everyone, but it worked for me where nothing else did.

Nice to meet you...best of luck!

rob
05-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi Viola,

I can't really add to the good advice that you have already been given, but I wanted to stop and say welcome! My name is Rob, and I found out that I had Lupus 5 years ago. So you are in the 7th grade, very cool. Do you play trumpet in band at school? I play the piano from time to time. Anyway, welcome to our group, and please make yourself at home here!

Rob

Angel Oliver
05-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Hey maybe we can set up a band then....i play piano,violin,ukilayee and sing in private im a hit with the cats :) xx