PDA

View Full Version : some new symptoms

scubagramplit
05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
pain has slowly been increasing. I am noticing that my shoulde joints & muscles, lower thighs, Knees, hips and low back just ache, as if that were not enough, cramps in my feet at night mostly and these darned headaches. What a way to finish the day, felt pretty darned good this morning. Any body have any pointer to aleviate the pain? :(

Rastagirl
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey, cramps in the feet at night....I used to get that as well as cramps in my calves really bad....have you had your Potassium levels checked lately?

I had ongoing problems with that for years and had to take a Potassium supplement, especially when I was on a water pill, Hydrochlorothiazide.

Sorry about the evening time pain that increases...not alot you can do. I sleep in a waterbed...have since I got married and it helps my joint pains temendously...the combination of the warmth when you crawl into bed and sleeping on the water is like floating...no pressure points anywhere on your body. It's heavenly....helps you relax.

I've also always been one to use pain medications for the times when the pain is really bad...unbearable. I never could stand not being able to sleep at night cuz the pain was so horrible, so my doctor always allowed a strong pain med to be taken only at night and only for the worst pain. It was an occasional thing...because I had so many more problems with my Lupus...my health in general....when I couldn't get a good night sleep.

Hope this helps....hope you can get some sleep. :sleepy:

:cool2: Lori

K.Grams
05-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean..you have a good day you aren't feeling bad then as
the day goes on you start to get pains EVERYWHERE. I usually take a hot bath if I feel bad
before bed. And like Lori said maybe a heated water bed would help.

I personally just got a Tempurpedic about 4 or 5 months ago and I love it. It helps alot to
have a good bed when you're in pain even if it only helps alittle.

mountaindreamer
05-29-2009, 07:53 PM
really strong pain meds, a very soft mattress, and lots of pillows all around me....aaaaah, sounds like sleep to me.

so sorry about your pain, Dilaudid is the only thing that relieves my pain enough to sleep....can you take pain med?

good luck and hop you get sleep tonight....i will be sending you sleepy eyed angels.

Pearl
05-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Amazing what settles in at night when you want to go to sleep....I start slowly and very stiffly, I work my way into a pretty good three or four hours in the afternoon, then wind up awake half the night because I ache all the way into my bones. Seems pretty ridiculous sometimes. Sorry you are suffering, glad I'm not alone. Is that crazy or what?

The long, warm shower before bed is good. An ice pack on the hips at night is also good. I haven't had any luck with tylenol or ibuprofen. Mobic takes the edge off, but it doesn't help me rest. I haven't found the magic solution, so most nights I am propped up with pillows, on the couch, flipping through channels and reporting the nonsense I've learned on some educational channel to the insomniacs group here on the forum. So, I am truly pathetic, and I am also sympathetic to your plight. :)

I guess I have no comfort to offer except that I too have no answers. They (whoever "they" are) say there is strength in numbers. Let's get to counting....

Hope you rest well and pain-free tonight.
Jana

abbasgirl
05-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I've tried a lot mentioned already...but nothing is helping with my head, neck, or hip...so I'm up late experimenting with that HeadOn stuff that has the annoying commercial. Feels pretty good so far. I haven't tried it on my hip though...it's swollen and red and something about putting a strange new product on that skin doesn't seem right.

It's got me to thinking that I need to look into more topical stuff for this. I'm reading that Vicks vapo rub with a warm cloth can help, Icy Hot, or peppermint oil. I'm thinking of trying those next. I don't know what's in this HeadOn stuff, but it's something I don't think I should use often. Sorry about the end of your day...and right at bedtime too, yup... everything shows up at night or is worse at night. Right when you need to sleep. Ugh.