PDA

View Full Version : Went so see my rheumy today

ButterflyRN
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Everyone! I went to see the rheumy today and he is thinking that I might be having a bout of lupus myositis more than fibromyalgia. I have a few trigger points but not many. So I'm going to get my muscle enzymes checked and follow up with him in a month. He increased my prednisone slightly, along with increasing the lyrica dosage and added ultram for me to try at night for the pain! I sure hope that works!!!! I told him that the pain was awful and I pretty much cry every night. I will follow up with him in a week if I am still having pain. I sure hope to get a good nights sleep, which I should get ready for now. Have a great evening everyone!!!

lucky7
05-21-2009, 08:03 PM
AWWWWW, so sad to think you would cry every night from the pain. Im so SORRY for your discomfort:no: Have you tried Flexeril? I take 1-2 5mg pills a night and ive NEVER slept better. Between that and my Melatonin it knocks me out! My pain and discomfort subsides at least for a good nights sleep:sleepy: I wish you the best and i hope you sleep well Gentle hugs to youXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mountaindreamer
05-22-2009, 01:45 AM
hi butterflyrn,

i hope you are seelping now and having pleasant dreams....no crying.

I am not familiar with lupus myositis, and look forward to learning more from you. Hope your pain subsides very soon.

take care, and sweet dreams.

debbie-b
05-22-2009, 11:05 AM
I sure hope that you got a good nights sleep and your pain has gotten better.
Let us know how you are doing.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh i so hope you have a good nights sleep and the increase of meds help you to have much less pain tonight.Hope you have lovely dreams.If you remember them tell me and i'll try and translate them for you...just for fun.Sweet dreams.

lots of love
Angel.xxxxxxxx

ButterflyRN
05-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone! The first night of the increased meds didn't do much, but last night was great. A little discomfort first laying down until I relaxed but then I was out!!! And the great thing was I didn't wake up with a stiff back. I had a full 8 hours of sleep....I haven't had that in 5 months!!! No dreams yet Angel, but I'll let you know if I do!

I will keep you all posted on what I find out!! Luv ya all!

Angel Oliver
05-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh im so happy they worked....you got some good sleep and woke up not stiff.Fab news!!!Dont worry about the dreams....just sleep!!!!

lots of love
Angel.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
05-24-2009, 08:50 AM
hi butterflyrn,

i hope you are having a weekend of peaceful sleep, and less pain.

Saysusie
05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I am so happy to hear that you were able to have a full night of sleep and rest! I know how much of a difference that can make (as I suffer from insomnia due to pain et al).
I do hope that you continue to get many restful nights of sleep and that you never awake with pain again!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Bonita
05-26-2009, 05:44 AM
I was diagnosised with lupus and myositis and i do not have many nights of sleep. Iam on prednisone and plaquinel and was on imuran till it made my blood counts to low. The muscles in my legs thighs and down my buttocks are effected a lot because my husband and i are walkers and i cannot go withoput taking pain meds first but i do not want it to stop me. The muscle i worry about is my heart but so far so good. Hope that you have some relief from your symptoms Bonita

lucky7
05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
WOO HOO to a FULL 8 hours!!!!! Hope it keeps going well for you!! You're going to be dreaming before you know it!!!!!!:sleepy:

ButterflyRN
06-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Well everyone I thank you all for the well wishes! The ultram only helped me for a couple nights and it's not doing a whole lot now. I just called my rheum today so I can talk to him about what to do next. I actually broke down and resigned from my job. I am taking today off and then I will do light duty work for the next few days. Friday will be my last day. I hated the feeling of defeat to this disease but I just can't keep pushing myself so much. It's not making my home life any better. Who wants to put all their energy into their job and then when you get home your family suffers the most. I just decided enough was enough. I'm going to rest a little and then once I start feeling better I'll look for another job.
Thank you everyone for your support! You all are the best!

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM
hi butterflyrn,

so sorry you had to resign from your job...but you are right, now your family can enjoy the energy that you do have, and hopefully your quality of life will improve. Sometimes just the stress of trying to do everything is just more that we can handle. I could not believe the difference it made for me when i finally reduced my professional obligations. Now, if i need a couple of days in bed i don't feel so guilty, and this enables me to get much needed rest.

you have not been defeated...you are taking a break, so that you can regroup and regain your energy. You will change your expectations on yourself, and you will be even better at everything that you do.

Try to rest, don't beat yourself up too much, you will find a new normal.

Saysusie
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you had to quit you job. But, you are right, taking care of your health and your family are so much more important. I am sure that the immediate relief from stress was felt immediately! I hope that you are able to find a new job that does not aggravate either your symptoms or your emotions.
Take a minute to just rest your body and your mind. This is not a defeat to the disease, this is a victory for your body!!

I wish you the very best
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie