PDA

View Full Version : imuran

Bonita
05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I was just wondering if anyone who was on Imuran for almost a year and a half and the doctor told them to stop taking right away if they had symptoms of any kind. Bonita

mountaindreamer
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
hi bonita,

i take methotrexate, not imuran so i can't answer your question. I do know with mtx, they really watch my liver with weekly/monthly blood work. Is this the same for imuran....did dr. say why to stop?

sorry you find yourself in yet another dilemna, hope someone can answer your questions.

Bonita
05-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes he stopped it because my white and red blood counts are low. The last blood work i had done since being off he says got a little better but not my enemia.

dmott
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I have been on imuran for the past 6 years and my doctor stopped it because it is not working. I have been put on methotrexate and prednisone.

Bonita
05-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I have been on imuran for the past 6 years and my doctor stopped it because it is not working. I have been put on methotrexate and prednisone.

He told me that might be the next med is methotrexate but i am scared to take that one. Do you have any side affects from it? Bonita