PDA

View Full Version : Rash?

shepherdgirl
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I just started developing this strange ring-type rash on my right leg. It's on the inside of my leg, just below my knee. It started out as a small red bump, but now it's getting bigger and looks like a ring.
My first thought was ringworm, so I started treating it with Lotrimin (well over a week ago). Now I'm wondering if it could be a Lupus rash. I've had several spots on my feet over the past couple years that were in ring shapes, I wonder if this is just further up. The spots on my feet started small, like this and grew large. They have scarred now, a brown color. This is a bright red.
I've not been around any cats, rabbits or other animals that could have given ringworm to me and there is no way I have worn shorts yet to have someone touch my leg, which could have caused it. That's what really got me thinking.
Anyone?

gina
05-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Not sure this will help, i would get those types of rashes on back of my neck and chest. they gave me cream for ring worm that had sulphur in got allergic reaction to it stop taking. my rheumy, said it was lupus rash and would go away in time which it did. so you need to go see a doctor it could be either one. good luck and welcome to the site. gina

Oluwa
05-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Maybe...
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder characterized by round, dry, scaly patches or plaques. This affliction is non-contagious, and it is more commonly found among those between the ages of 20 and 50 years.
Seborrheic Dermatitis is a chronic skin condition marked by scaling and inflammation of the skin.
Granuloma annulare is a skin disease that produces raised bumps or protrusions, and they assume a ring-like formation, much like ringworm. However, unlike ringworm, no itching or scaling is present.
Eczema is often mistaken for ringworm due to the similar dry, scaly patches it produces.
Vitiligo is characterized by a patchy loss of skin color. In its early stage, it is commonly mistaken for ringworm.
Drug reactions.
Discoid lupus... produces round or disk shaped... red, raised patches with scales.

L.,
O.

Lala
05-19-2009, 06:38 AM
A ring type rash could also be lyme..get it checked to be sure.
Grace and Peace,
Laura

Tootles
05-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello! I started with rashes like you are describing. I am on predisone, plaquenil, cellcept and some creams. I had a biospy done and found out I sub cutaneous lupus (which I was already diagnoised with SLE). Now they are going to switch me to 200 plaquenil and 250 mg of Aralen. So be sure to get it checked out.

Good luck!

shepherdgirl
05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the info! I see my dr. again tomorrow. I'm going to show it to him. I have another one starting near my ankle.
I have so much to learn about Lupus, my meds, and other things that it could cause. I don't know how you all know so much.
Thanks for your help!