PDA

View Full Version : Just diagnosed...

Delphinia981
05-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello all. My name is Carrie. I'm a born-and-bred Georgia belle...30 years old, wife and mother (to Annie, my adorable three-year old), and a radiographer and graphic designer.

I was recently officially diagnosed with Lupus after having symptoms for years (but no confirming bloodwork). My aunt has Lupus as well, so she's been a great support center for me. I have a pretty decent medical background, so I'm well-versed in what I'm up against...but it doesn't make it any easier. I've been in pain for so long...it's almost a relief to know that I wasn't making it all up.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

debbie-b
05-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Hello all. My name is Carrie. I'm a born-and-bred Georgia belle...30 years old, wife and mother (to Annie, my adorable three-year old), and a radiographer and graphic designer.

I was recently officially diagnosed with Lupus after having symptoms for years (but no confirming bloodwork). My aunt has Lupus as well, so she's been a great support center for me. I have a pretty decent medical background, so I'm well-versed in what I'm up against...but it doesn't make it any easier. I've been in pain for so long...it's almost a relief to know that I wasn't making it all up.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome, sorry that you have to call your self a lupie, just like all of us here. Isn't it strange, that we all feel a sense of relief, after getting this horrible diagnosis. But most of us have been miserable for years, went to several doctors and sometimes got THIS look, like we are faking. So I guess it is a normal reaction to feel a sense of relief. It is also a plus, that you have somebody in your family, that knows exactly what you are going through. Hopefully your doc will put you on meds that actually help, with some or all of your symptoms.

Debbie

Pearl
05-17-2009, 01:13 AM
As Debbie said, it is a relief sometimes just putting a name to it after years of dealing with it. This is an excellent forum. Lots of kind and understanding people...Laughter, warmth, support all found here.

Just wanted to say hello.

Wishing you wellness today.

Jana

maguadalupe
05-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Hi carrie, my name is maria we are glad that you found us here is a little about me
i'm 39 yrs old i got dignosed at the age 30 with diease. i have a husband know 4 kids and a grand child. i was a single parent for about 9 yrs before i got married again i was very hard but you have to do what you have to do.

take care
maria

Saysusie
05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Hello Carrie;
Welcome to our family:laugh:. Many of us, like you, were conflicted about finally getting a diagnosis. On the one hand, we were happy to know that we were not losing our minds and that there was a name for what was wrong with us....on the other hand, we were sad, angry, and sometimes depressed to learn that we have a life long disease with so many ramifications!
It's a two sided blade, I know! But you've come to the right place to get support, understanding, information and to be amongst other people who know (from experience) what you are going through. I'm glad that you decided to join our family......

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

dsunshine
05-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi Carrie!
Welcome to the sight. I am sure you will find the answers adn support you need right here. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it all. Welcome again!

mountaindreamer
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
hi carrie,

welcome to our circle of cyber friends. I too am from Georgia (live in atlanta area). So sorry that you are facing the fears associated with this disease, but i am glad you found us. i hope we can help you get past this scary phase.

Rastagirl
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Carrie :wavey:

Just wanted to welcome you...

What fun you must be having with your 3 year old...sure helps give you a strong reason to fight this illness head on, doesn't it?

I miss that 'little kid age'. My kids are older now...a son, who's 16, and a daugher, who just turned 13. I too, am married.

I've had Lupus since I was 18....but have been in remission now for about 16 years. Something I'm thankful for every single day. I'm sorry you've been having to live in pain, but sure glad to hear your doctor was able to diagnose you...so you don't have to play 'Rheumy Roulette', like so many here.

Let us know if we can answer your questions about this illness, lend some support, or help you navigate the site. We're always happy to help out.

Fondly,

:cool2: Lori