PDA

View Full Version : Gallstones

Vester
05-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Finally I hope I have found out what is going on with my stomach. I was starting to think I was going to have to live with the nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, gas, loss of appetite. I have found out that I have gallstones and I will be having my gallbladder removed on Tues. I am really hoping that this is going to take care of all my stomach problems. I have been having problems since Nov. 2008 and have had multiple test done. Through this I have loss 48lbs and haven't been able to take my prescribed meds for the Lupus like I need to. I really need my nutrition to be right to manage my Lupus better. I hope this is going to be the answer to a lot of my prayers because I am trying very hard to keep my job and maintain financially and it is very hard when I am unable to work. So I am looking forward to better days and better health.

iseedeadmonkeys
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Hey Vester,

Having your gallbladder removed is the best thing, concedering what sort of probs it causes when it in....I know i had probs with mine when i was young i lost soo much weight and was so ill yet the drs dint think it was an issue and wouldnt take it out cause "i was too young" so i had it removed when i was 17...really annoys me cause i went for a holiday to new england at 16 and all i wanted to do was indulge myself with all these new foods etc, i ebded up drinking milk of magnesia for 2 weeks!!

You will feel so much better for not having it in there:yes:

good luck and best wishes for tuesday

and welcome to the beigning of your life

Peace
ISDM
xx

mountaindreamer
05-16-2009, 09:08 AM
hi vester,

i too have gallstones, but not bad enough for surgery. I have heard such encouraging stories of people feeling much better after the gallbladder is removed, and i hope this is the case for you.

I understand that the surgery is actually done microscopically now, so there is not a lot of pain involved...this is a good thing.

take care, i will be sending you angel hugs on tuesday, and let us know when you get home and how you are doing.

Rastagirl
05-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Vester..

Glad to hear they finally figured out what's making you suffer with so many symtpoms and that they're able to take care of it. It's very hard to keep yourself in any kind of good health for your Lupus, when you're having such serious problems that keep you from getting good nutrition. That's alot of weight to lose...wow, it's going to feel so much better after your surgery when your stomach issues settle down and you finally get to eat normally. I'll bet your looking forward to some favorite foods you haven't been able to enjoy for a long time.

I'll be thinking of you, and praying for a good outcome and speedy recovery on Tuesday. Hope everything goes well with the surgery and you're back home before you know it....and eating healthy. :veryhappy:

Rest up and take care...you'll be in my prayers.

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

Angel Oliver
05-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Glad they found out what it was and im sending you good luck for the surgery.You will feel so much better after.

love
Angel.xxxxxxx

MicRoMediC
05-16-2009, 06:13 PM
i had mine out a couple months ago, though i'm thankful for the relief of pain and such, i'm still having problems digesting dairy products. stick to skim milk for use in things for a while. ice cream is the last thing you should eat! anyway, best of luck!

Vester
05-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Thank you everybody for all your cares and concerns. It is so hard being sick and trying to keep going but the good thing about being sick is you learn that you are stronger than you thought and that people are really good and caring.

Pearl
05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Glad you will be getting some relief soon. Best of luck in the surgery.

Jana

maguadalupe
05-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Sorry to here that i hope everything gets better for you

take care

maria

brandichi
05-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Vester,

I had my gallbladder/gallstones removed in 2004, two years before I was diagnosed with lupus and everything else. I had it done laproscopically (sp?) and it was really easy - no long scar, just small little ones that are barely noticeable. I bet you'll feel MUCH better very soon after surgery - I did.

One thing your doctor may not mention, but you would want to know is that after gallbladder sugery you may want to carry a complete change of clothes in your car, especially if you work or will be away from home for long periods of time during the day. Apparently some patients have a difficult time getting their bowels regular again after surgery. It never happened to me, but I have heard of people who had 'accidents'.

Good luck with the surgery, and hope you have an easy, gentle recovery.

P.S. This is going to make me sound extremely weird, and I know it, but I saved my gallstones and made earrings from some of them!!! :laugh: :) I had those gallstones for 20 years and went through so much pain I figured I wanted to get something cool out of the deal. And I did - that jewelery is literally irreplaceable!! My doctor thought I was insane, but laughed hysterically when I wore them to a follow up appointment. I have a gold pair, a silver pair, and lots more stones still unused.

lucky7
05-18-2009, 01:16 PM
AWWW, im glad you found out what the problem was Vester!!!!! Its NO FUN but at least now you KNOW!!! I wish you the best in this ooky venture and i hope everything turns out well!!!! Youre in my thoughts:cute: