PDA

View Full Version : Please sign this....

TobyJug
05-13-2009, 04:11 AM
please sign this petition..

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Lupus-SLE/

'We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to increase
funding for medical research and targeted education programmes
on Lupus (SLE - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) and recognition
of Lupus as a significant health issue.'

gina
05-13-2009, 05:05 AM
I was going to sign but i live in the united states sorry i couldn't help.:yes:

rob
05-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry Toby, I'm on the wrong side of the pond too.

wrightrs
05-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Can we sign if we live in USA. ? Let us know.

Saysusie
05-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Pooh...I am also in the colonies across the pond :grumpy:

Sorry
Saysusie

TobyJug
05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
oh yeh I got a little carried away I forgot that it's a UK based petition....

Thanks anyway dear friends...

lucky7
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
LOl WE WOULD IF WE COULD TOBY!!!!!!!! Good for you for spreading the word my friend!!!! :wave:

wrightrs
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe the one's we have from the Uk will see this !!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-13-2009, 12:59 PM
already have tobes nad sent it to all in in email system from england!! lets hope it works i have told martine if i'm well enough i will go with her to take the petition to 10 downing street!!

iseedeadmonkeys
05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Yup i signed it too, last year, when monkey set me up to it,

Hey did you get the information from her?

Me and monkey are taking the petition to number 10 ourselves....i cant wait :yes:

ISDM
xxx

sick n tired
05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I also would sign if I could...I hope you guys get the medical research funding...we should be able to sign because if yall find the cure then we will benefit and vice versa...

Hey ISDM...do you think you will actually get to see the Prime Minister?

Rastagirl
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Maybe us US lupies could be honorary UK citizens for a day or something...just to sign the petition.

Oh, Jane...will u say hi to the PM for me when u stop by his place? Tell him Rasta says hello! :wavey:

:grin69:

iseedeadmonkeys
05-13-2009, 05:27 PM
haha u 2 :)

no i dont think i will get to see him, but if theres a few of us going, i think i might ask my mate who is a camera man to do a peice on it, im still fighting to get on This Morning to have a interveiw on tv about lupus...we really dont have anything over here about lupus!

TUT

ISDM
xx

TobyJug
05-14-2009, 04:41 AM
haha u 2 :)

no i dont think i will get to see him, but if theres a few of us going, i think i might ask my mate who is a camera man to do a peice on it, im still fighting to get on This Morning to have a interveiw on tv about lupus...we really dont have anything over here about lupus!

TUT

ISDM
xx

If you have a few months patience maybe we can go together...
I have started to write to local newspapers today to try and get my UK site in there..
If they publish a little story about the site and Lupus then we might be able to get on this morning or something like it...

If so it would be great for you to also come along.....

Oluwa
05-14-2009, 05:37 AM
My husband is still a Brit...I will ask him when he comes home tonight to put his John Hancock to it....

Hugging you.
Love,
Oluwa

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Hay i wrote to the morning awhile asking them to do a ppiece on lupus got noo response!! it would be great if they did something!! if you want tobes i can send letter to my local paper too!! xx

iseedeadmonkeys
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah i worte This morning a massive email about lupus....

They got back to me explaining they have lots of emails to go thru each day... so erm no then i take it? i WONT give up the last one they did that i saw was on M.S and M.E ok so lupus must be next right?

Hey TJ that sounds good to me, when i get time tmrw Flare or no Flare i will write another email to them,

Oluwa... thats the spirit woman thank you xxx

lucky7
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Just want to say WOO HOO TO ALL OF YOU FOR TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!! It starts with one person!!! Good job Toby!!!!:cute:

mountaindreamer
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
to toby and all of the "over the pond" friends,

i wish i could sign the petition, you guys are doing a great job trying to get some change in the UK, and you are on top of my list of heroes.