PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long haul but I'm back

sick n tired
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey thanks to all of you who were thinking about me (Oluwa, Lori, and Cathy)
...the wedding was beautiful but it was very hard work. We had it in our back yard but to get to the tables there are concrete stairs...I was running up and down those stairs for 3 hours straight...when it started raining (thank God for the rain) people from our church helped us get the tables and chairs put into the garage. The reception lasted over 2 hours so the rain didn't ruin anything...I had sharp pains shooting from my feet to my hips for days...I also had my grandbaby Alexis staying with me for the next week...to compound that she was ill. Pink eye and a cold..;-(
I don't know if I had mentioned it but we had just found out she was anemic and very underweight...well after that week she was gaining weight, her appetite got better, and she wasn't lethargic and grumpy...

I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things...but I am beginning to feel better. Doc doesn't know why I am losing weight, but I had some to lose...so no problem...

I had another CT scan...the pericardial effusion is back but small...I have a thickening in my esophagus, too...that is the one that is concerning. My dad died of cancer in the esophagus...right now the thickening is not much, though, so I am not going to worry about it...just eat right...

Anyway...I feel a little bit better...:yes:

Pearl
05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful (albeit tiring) time at the wedding. Sorry to hear about the health issues. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jana

Rastagirl
05-13-2009, 12:57 AM
So glad to see you back and hear the wedding went well. I remember the day of my wedding, how much walking and standing and climbing stairs and how sore you are the next day or two after. So glad you made it through everything... I sure thought about you during that next week and I'm relieved to hear things went well with Lexie's health that week she was with you. You're such a good Grandma... and Mom, for sure.

I didn't get a chance...I just realized...

to wish you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Karen. :wub:

I hope you enjoyed your special day and hope your kids let you know how much your dearly loved and appreciated.

with Love,

Lori :heart:

p.s. glad to hear you're starting to feel better...I'll be praying for that to continue.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
hi ya glad to see you back and hope you had beautiful time at the wedding even with the tiring aspects and rain. And with your grand child even thou they were ill now its time to relax and catch up on whl !!! :-) lol

hope health issue are sorted soo lots of love H xx

froggal
05-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Weddings are A LOT of work!!! So are grandbabies that arent in the best health. I am happy that things were okay. Good to see you back sweetie!
your friend ~ Angie

rob
05-13-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm glad you are back. This place isn't the same without you.

Rob

wrightrs
05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
So glad your back. Hope you start feeling better soon. Glad you enjoyed the wedding.

Saysusie
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
You were very much missed and I am so happy that you are back. I'm glad that the wedding and the reception went beautifully. But, I do hope that you are able to get some rest and try to recuperate.
I'm sorry to hear that the pericardial effusion is back, but glad to hear that you are your doctor are keeping you eyes on it. I agree that you should not over-worry about these issues and it appears that your doctor is staying on top of things.
I've been losing weight without explanation also! Like your doctor, my doc says she won't worry until I get below the weight allowance for my height. Since I am 5'9", I have not gotten below that number.
I hope that your weight loss is not due to stress. But, if it was, perhaps now that the wedding was a success, your stress levels may decrease!
At any rate, it was so good to hear from you and I am so happy that you are back!
Take Care of Yourself!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

TobyJug
05-13-2009, 09:44 AM
glad ur back...... hugssss x

lucky7
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
AWWW, glad the wedding went good!:cute: You stayed busy thats for sure! A sick grandbaby on top of it! WOW! You DID stay on your toes! Glad you are back! I missed seeing your CUTE avatar! I LOVE IT!!!!!

sick n tired
05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
AWWW...You guys are great...I really missed you..sometimes this is my only window to the world...at least of people who understand...thanks...I have tears in my eyes...

lucky7
05-13-2009, 02:46 PM
OMG, youre gonna make ME cry! I hear you so loudly about this being our link to the world,or at least to understanding and truely careing people. Thats hard to find when you are ill with what we have:no: Im so GLAD we are ALL HERE for one another:cute:

Angel Oliver
05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh wow welcome back and so glad the wedding went well.We all missed you allot.I will be thinking of you and hope you get good health soon.So glad you are back.

love
Amanda.xxx