PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek and oh my achy knees....

luvpinkpeeps
05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I went to the movies this weekend, twice to see Star Trek....(great movie btw) :)

But the second time I saw it, (today) at the end of the movie I got up to leave and man oh man, were my knees in pain goin down the steps I felt many years older than 41!

The pain subsided about 10 minutes later...

The first time I went on friday night, no pain at all.

I came home today after the movie and crashed for a couple hours in a deep sleep.

My fingers have been achy in my left hand for weeks now, I am NOT looking forward to achy joints all the time if this continues.

rob
05-11-2009, 05:44 AM
So, you are a Star Trek fan-very cool. I went and saw the movie on opening day, and again the next day. Is it awesome or what? Saysusie and Rastagirl are also fellow Trek fans. When you get a chance, go to my profile page, and look at my photo album called "The Toy Room". There's a picture of a fully lit Enterprise model I built a few years ago. I just bought a model kit of the Enterprise in the new movie, gonna give it the lights and airbrush treatment too.

About your knees, I'm the same way. If I sit too long, everything seems to seize up, including my knees and lower back especially. Not much fun. I guess you get used to it. Either that, or I've learned to ignore alot of pain and just push through it. Once I'm on my feet and able to stretch and move a bit, it tends to go away after about 15 minutes. I sometimes take naproxen, and it helps. I'm also 41, yet some days it feels more like 81.

Rob

luvpinkpeeps
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh I LOVE Star Trek! I saw it twice this weekend, once with my daughters then I requested to go see it again for Mother's day....better than eating out to me! :)

I will go check out the toy room, I have been a fan since the 70's when my father watched it every afternoon.

I have started a new crop of fans here in the house (my three kids) and my husband is a fan also.

I think they did a great job on the movie, making a path for a new generation of fans.

I guess my knees just weren't in the mood yesterday for a movie. It's so annoying because of the unpredictabilty of it all.

You just cannot plan around this moody disease!

Saysusie
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your knees. Nowadays, when I go to a movie, I know that it is going to be cold and that I will be sitting for a while. So, I always wear a knee brace..just in case. It has helped with the achy knees when trying to get up from the seat!

On to Star Trek...As Rob mentioned, I am also a Trekkie and am scheduled to see the movie again this weekend. I went on opening day and it was all that I expected and more!

Do visit Rob's toy room...it is amazing. He has some new toys that he is going to post soon.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

froggal
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I cant wait to see the movie!! I do have a tip for the theater . . . take a pillow with you and through out the film move it to different positions. Sit on it for awhile then put it under your knees, sit on it only on your right side, then move it to your left. It is a pain in the butt to keep moving but I promise your lower joints will thank you for it at the end of the movie!

luvpinkpeeps
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Saysusie- I didn't think about the fact that a chilly theatre could have contributed to the knee pain, I didn't feel cold but that's not to say that my knees weren't aware of the temp I guess!

froggel- the pillow is a good idea, I have a small travel pillow so I will definately take it along next time.

I am already wanting to go see it again!

magistramarla
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I, too am a HUGE Star Trek fan. My family did it right for Mother's Day. On Saturday morning, my hubby, daughter, son-in-law and grandson took me to the IMAX to see it. Then they took me to a lovely new Italian restaurant. I was in nerd nirvana at that film. It was awesome! We're just waiting for the next one, and hoping for a new series.
You should see our library - we have five bookcases filled with every Star Trek book ever published, and Jeff and I have read most of them! We also have a collection of Star Wars books, all of Heinlein's books, all of Asimov's and whatever other sci-fi books we've managed to gather. We also own the original 1950's era book that Stargate was based on.
I always tell my students that I love ancient history and future history (a term coined by Robert A. Heinlein).
Marla

Rastagirl
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Pinkpeeps....

Sorry about your knee pain....and even sorrier it had to happen following such an amazing movie experience. Another suggestion for the pain and stiffness that comes from sitting for long periods is the Icy/Hot Wraps. I've used those on my knees before, and they can help keep your knee joints warm and relaxed during those times. They work great for long car rides as well.

I'm another huge Trekkie fan surfacing to share my enthusiasm as well. Warms my heart to see so many enthusiastic, dedicated Star Trek fans.

I also grew up with it in my household...in fact, it's one of those TV series that still brings strong feelings of comfort and security whenever I hear the theme song playing. It can take me back to childhood instantly and the feeling of knowing everything's okay cuz your Dad is home from work, dinner's cooking in the kitchen, and Star Trek is on the television.

I saw the movie Saturday afternoon with my husband and teenage son. Wow, what a fantastic movie! That's the way a movie experience should be. They did an amazing job with the storyline and perfectly casting the characters.

Marla....my son has an English teacher at his High School that's a huge fan and she incorporates Star Trek into her teaching curriculum for a 2 week period. My son absolutely loved her class during his Sophomore year, and Friday afternoon he went and found that teacher just to find out when she was going to see it. They talked Star Trek for half an hour after school.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if my knees were in pain before the movie or afterwards, I would have crawled up the stairs and back down again for a chance to see that movie. You couldn't have kept me out of the theater. :veryhappy:

:cool2: Lori

MicRoMediC
05-11-2009, 09:14 PM
yeah, sorry i'm so not into the trek's. i think it had a lot to do with i'm only 23 and didn't really grow up with that era...lol. sorry if i'm offending anyone.

anyway, i am like rob and my left knee locks up if it stays in the same position for longer than about 5 minutes. and some days i feel as if i was 83, not 23 going up stairs or trying to get into bed or just doing simple things like checking the mail. maybe you'll go into remission for the rest of your life and never have to worry about any more pain. standing up hurts a lot an like saysusie suggests, i too wear a knee brace when it gets to hurting-especially at work when i lift the stretcher. anyway, thoughts and prayers always.

rob
05-12-2009, 06:47 AM
I, too am a HUGE Star Trek fan. My family did it right for Mother's Day. On Saturday morning, my hubby, daughter, son-in-law and grandson took me to the IMAX to see it. Then they took me to a lovely new Italian restaurant. I was in nerd nirvana at that film. It was awesome! We're just waiting for the next one, and hoping for a new series.
You should see our library - we have five bookcases filled with every Star Trek book ever published, and Jeff and I have read most of them! We also have a collection of Star Wars books, all of Heinlein's books, all of Asimov's and whatever other sci-fi books we've managed to gather. We also own the original 1950's era book that Stargate was based on.
I always tell my students that I love ancient history and future history (a term coined by Robert A. Heinlein).
Marla

Marla,

So you got to see it at an Imax cinema, I'm jealous now! I was in Nerd Nirvana Friday after going to see the movie for the second time, and creating a new fan-my mother. She's not into sci-fi at all, but she absolutely loved the movie, and now she's borrowed some Dvd's as she want's to see more. I started her off with Wrath of Khan-plenty of action, and The Voyage Home-plenty of humor.

Anyway, after the movie, I came home to find a package from the company I buy most of my model kits and collectibles from. They had a package deal that coincides with the release of the movie. I ordered it just last week and was surprised it showed up so soon. I got a Phaser, Communicator, and Tricorder from the new movie. They are full size props copied directly from the originals. They are all metal and have sound and light effects-YES! I got a couple of GI-Joe sized figures of the main characters, and of course, my new 3 foot long kit of the new Enterprise. Also in the box was a bunch of Battlestar Galactica stuff I ordered. Got a Cylon Commander and an Admiral Adama figure autographed by the man himself-Edward James Olmos. I was, and still am in sci-fi geek heaven. I'll post pictures of some of the new toys in my "Toy Box" photo album.

Micromedic,

That's a funny coincidence, as my left knee is the one that really gives me problems. Oddly enough, It bothers me when I mow the lawn. I use a tractor so there's really nothing physically challenging about it, but after I'm done my left knee feels like a basketball. It swells up badly. The brake pedal is on the right, so I don't even use my left leg for anything-weird. Does your knee swell at all?

Rob

rob
05-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I almost forgot-

I read that the next Star Trek movie has gotten the greenlight, and is already in the pre-production/writing phase. Rumor has it the entire cast signed on for three movies total. In the next movie, I want to see Klingons! Now that the planet Romulus is no more, I'll bet the price of Romulan Ale will go sky high! That's OK since it's illegal anyway, and shouldn't be served at diplomatic functions. (sci-fi geek humor)

Also, yesterday I was watching footage on Nasa TV of the Shuttle Atlantis launch. As the crew was walking towards the hatch to get in, the commander turned to the camera and gave the Spock/Vulcan Salute! Art imitates life, imitates art, and imitates life...

luvpinkpeeps
05-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi Pinkpeeps....

Sorry about your knee pain....and even sorrier it had to happen following such an amazing movie experience. Another suggestion for the pain and stiffness that comes from sitting for long periods is the Icy/Hot Wraps. I've used those on my knees before, and they can help keep your knee joints warm and relaxed during those times. They work great for long car rides as well.

I'm another huge Trekkie fan surfacing to share my enthusiasm as well. Warms my heart to see so many enthusiastic, dedicated Star Trek fans.

I also grew up with it in my household...in fact, it's one of those TV series that still brings strong feelings of comfort and security whenever I hear the theme song playing. It can take me back to childhood instantly and the feeling of knowing everything's okay cuz your Dad is home from work, dinner's cooking in the kitchen, and Star Trek is on the television.

I saw the movie Saturday afternoon with my husband and teenage son. Wow, what a fantastic movie! That's the way a movie experience should be. They did an amazing job with the storyline and perfectly casting the characters.

Marla....my son has an English teacher at his High School that's a huge fan and she incorporates Star Trek into her teaching curriculum for a 2 week period. My son absolutely loved her class during his Sophomore year, and Friday afternoon he went and found that teacher just to find out when she was going to see it. They talked Star Trek for half an hour after school.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if my knees were in pain before the movie or afterwards, I would have crawled up the stairs and back down again for a chance to see that movie. You couldn't have kept me out of the theater. :veryhappy:

Oh you just don't know how very alike our afternoons must have been! The theme music does indeed evoke strong memories from childhood!

Both my parents have passed away and my brother also...so when I went to the movie I almost cried in the begininng when they showed the Star Trek banner- looking just like the original.

There are some strong ties with Star Trek and memories of my family.

MicRoMediC
05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Micromedic,

That's a funny coincidence, as my left knee is the one that really gives me problems. Oddly enough, It bothers me when I mow the lawn. I use a tractor so there's really nothing physically challenging about it, but after I'm done my left knee feels like a basketball. It swells up badly. The brake pedal is on the right, so I don't even use my left leg for anything-weird. Does your knee swell at all?

Rob

Rob-
It doesn't really swell much but it locks up a lot and has really bad shooting pains. I also have problems with my left wrist and left hip. My hip used to get stuck in the joint and I had to do physical therapy to get it unstuck...that hurt a lot. And I know what you mean about not using it to drive..etc. I do have to lift the stretcher and of course I use both my legs for that. Anyway, I then load up on advil or whatever. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

magistramarla
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Rob,
You would love my hubby's favorite TV remote - a phaser that lights up and makes the appropriate noises when you change channels, etc.
I also suffer with the stiffened knees when I've been sitting for a while. Two hours in a theater can really do it to me. My knees will stiffen up and will "give out" when I stand up even when I've only been sitting for a short time. I fell in the Language Lab the other day when I stood up to go help a kid on the computer. It scared her and the Spanish teacher on the other side of the lab. I have AVN, or osteoporosis. It means that the bone is dying and gradually crumbling away. When I move my right knee, I can feel the bone scraping against the bone - OUCH!
Oh well, it never stops me from going where I want to go - the movies, traveling, etc. I use my sweetie's arm, my cane, my walker or even a wheelchair, if necessary.
Marla

magistramarla
05-12-2009, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=MicRoMediC,
yeah, sorry i'm so not into the trek's. i think it had a lot to do with i'm only 23 and didn't really grow up with that era...lol. sorry if i'm offending anyone.

It's not too late to become a fan. All five of my kids were raised on sci-fi, and they range from 22 to 32. My youngest daughter just got married and she is working hard to convert her new hubby to being a sci-fi fan.
Marla

Rastagirl
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Rob,
You would love my hubby's favorite TV remote - a phaser that lights up and makes the appropriate noises when you change channels, etc.
I also suffer with the stiffened knees when I've been sitting for a while. Two hours in a theater can really do it to me. My knees will stiffen up and will "give out" when I stand up even when I've only been sitting for a short time. I fell in the Language Lab the other day when I stood up to go help a kid on the computer. It scared her and the Spanish teacher on the other side of the lab. I have AVN, or osteoporosis. It means that the bone is dying and gradually crumbling away. When I move my right knee, I can feel the bone scraping against the bone - OUCH!
Oh well, it never stops me from going where I want to go - the movies, traveling, etc. I use my sweetie's arm, my cane, my walker or even a wheelchair, if necessary.
Marla

Hey Marla....I've had AVN in both hips and had to have them replaced. I went way too long walking on them, cuz I was a chicken and didn't want to do the surgery. I waited so long, one of the hip sockets collapsed and they had to rebuild it during the surgery. Nothing quite as painful as dying bone.

At least they can replace your knees when needed....right now my right wrist is collapsing and unfortunately, the doc tells me they don't have success in trying to replace those. Too many nerves and tendons in a small place. Looks like I'm gonna have to have it fused eventually.

Hey, where did your husband find that remote? That sounds too cool...I'd love to have one.

sick n tired
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I have been a star trek fan since the original was on TV...my dad and I would watch it every day at 6 p.m....then came the movies...some of my dates with my hubby were to star trek movies...

MicRoMediC...I have a 13,19, and 21 year old sons who are very into star trek...especially the 13 year old...my college age son 21 was the one who got him year old started...

I went to see the movie twice this last weekend, also...the first time I was still on the road picking my older son up from Virginia and he had to see it opening night...he was jealose of my 13 year old because he was able to see it as a special preview the night before...so when we got home, Saturday, my hubby took all of us back to see it again...I also have 4 daughters who love Star Trek, but not to the extent of the boys...

All in all we are a trekkie family...my dad would approve :-)

BTw...my knees were so sore that I could hardly walk on Sunday...the stairs are brutal.

froggal
05-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I am SO upset that I havent felt well enough to sit in the theater for two hours to see the movie!!! The reviews from everywhere are FABULOUS!!! I am SO excited to get well so I can go and see it!!!:yes:

MicRoMediC
05-13-2009, 07:03 AM
whoa whoa whoa...hey hey hey...i'm sorry. i guess i just really wasn't into star trek.

luvpinkpeeps
05-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I almost forgot-

I read that the next Star Trek movie has gotten the greenlight, and is already in the pre-production/writing phase. Rumor has it the entire cast signed on for three movies total. In the next movie, I want to see Klingons! Now that the planet Romulus is no more, I'll bet the price of Romulan Ale will go sky high! That's OK since it's illegal anyway, and shouldn't be served at diplomatic functions. (sci-fi geek humor)

Also, yesterday I was watching footage on Nasa TV of the Shuttle Atlantis launch. As the crew was walking towards the hatch to get in, the commander turned to the camera and gave the Spock/Vulcan Salute! Art imitates life, imitates art, and imitates life...

Woo hoo! yay!~ glad to hear this!!

lucky7
05-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Im so jealous!!! I want to see the movie so bad! It looks GREAT!! Maybe ill pick that for my movie out with the hubby this weekend!! WOO HOO to Star Trek!!! I cant wait for Transformers too!!! I LOve Bumblebee!! hES SO COOL AND SO SWEET!!

wrightrs
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Lori & Saysusie , Thanks for the knee pain tips. I feel over 100 years old.

magistramarla
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Marla....I've had AVN in both hips and had to have them replaced. I went way too long walking on them, cuz I was a chicken and didn't want to do the surgery. I waited so long, one of the hip sockets collapsed and they had to rebuild it during the surgery. Nothing quite as painful as dying bone.

At least they can replace your knees when needed....right now my right wrist is collapsing and unfortunately, the doc tells me they don't have success in trying to replace those. Too many nerves and tendons in a small place. Looks like I'm gonna have to have it fused eventually.

Hey, where did your husband find that remote? That sounds too cool...I'd love to have one.

Lori,
I'm not surprised to find another AVN person here. Mine is ideopathic - I've almost never taken steroids - but many people who have it have taken high doses of steroids. Since they are so common in Lupus treatment, I'm surprised that more folks on this list haven't talked about it. Have you checked out the listserve for AVN? It is run by a sweet and knowledgeable lady named Marie who is much like our Saysusie. Check it out!
The kids and I bought Jeff the remote several years ago at one of those big electronic stores like Best Buy or Circuit City. I haven't seen them anymore. You might check Amazon or E-Bay.
Marla

Rastagirl
05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Marla...

Yep, steroids have sucked the life out of my bones....thank goodness Fosamax is working on filling it back in. My bonescans are looking better and better each time. Gives me some hope that I won't crumble apart before I'm 60. Still got aways to go till I'm there.

I'll check out the listserve...thanks :veryhappy:

Lori

KHoguetuc
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I saw it once. I was really surprised that I liked it. I usually hate prequills. I too have a lot of the knee pain going on. Lately (4 days) it has been cloudy and raining here in Tucson, AZ. This seems to make my symptoms worse. I am even hurting in my toe joints. Yesterday in my right leg, where the knee hurts the most, I had an episode where I was numb and tingly from my toes to my groin. Boy was that awful for about ten minutes! As far as the pain goes, my doc says I can only get steroid injections about every three months. This was depressng since it really helped last month and monsoon season is fast aproaching.

chas
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I have already seen Star Trek twice and I have not seen any movie twice for years. I am an old trekkie fan - but this movie made it cool to be a geek.

Rastagirl
05-21-2009, 09:05 PM
I saw it once. I was really surprised that I liked it. I usually hate prequills. I too have a lot of the knee pain going on. Lately (4 days) it has been cloudy and raining here in Tucson, AZ. This seems to make my symptoms worse. I am even hurting in my toe joints. Yesterday in my right leg, where the knee hurts the most, I had an episode where I was numb and tingly from my toes to my groin. Boy was that awful for about ten minutes! As far as the pain goes, my doc says I can only get steroid injections about every three months. This was depressng since it really helped last month and monsoon season is fast aproaching.

Sorry your hurting so much, KHoguetuc. The weather can definitely affect the pain in your joints. Living in Oregon, and just an hour and a half from the ocean, I've learned that weather changes mean pressure changes, and when it's a storm, especially a fast moving one, it can mean rapid pressure changes, which result in very painful joints. I'll bet you get that rapid change with the monsoons that come.

I always seemed to have the most pain in my toes and ankles and my hips. One thing I was really happy about after having both my hips replaced, was no more joint pains in my hips.

Sure wish there was a miracle pain reliever medication that wasn't addictive and actually took away ALL the pain. Wouldn't that be a big seller?

Can you ask your doctor to prescribe something to take the edge off when the pain is really bad...something that you only use once in awhile...maybe for at night when you're going to sleep?

Sending you hugs of understanding...I've been there so many times myself.

Hope you get some relief soon...

Fondly,

Rastagirl
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I have already seen Star Trek twice and I have not seen any movie twice for years. I am an old trekkie fan - but this movie made it cool to be a geek.

Hi Chas...

I saw the movie the weekend it came out and I think I'm gonna see it again this weekend. My husband's out of town in Seattle at a Race, so I might just go by myself....that way I don't have to share the popcorn. :laugh:

I'm another long-time Trekkie fan...that's not afraid to be called a geek this time around.

Take care....

froggal
05-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I FINALLY saw the movie wed night. SO COOL!!! I loved it, and I hate to admit it, but young Spock was hot!!! I would beg for the Vulcan death grip from him!!! :laugh:

froggal
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
:stupid: Did I say that outloud??? :embarrassed:

rob
05-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I FINALLY saw the movie wed night. SO COOL!!! I loved it, and I hate to admit it, but young Spock was hot!!! I would beg for the Vulcan death grip from him!!! :laugh:

We can go out on a double date, you and Spock, and me and Uhura-she's a total knockout. Babelicious!

Rastagirl
05-22-2009, 07:27 AM
:)

Thanks for my first giggle of the morning....Froggal.

Now I'm ready for my Friday...

p.s. ...you said it so outloud...it's the first thread I came to. :laugh2:

Saysusie
05-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Babelicious!!!! I love that!!! My first good laugh this morning also.

If I weren't so old...I'd give the new Spock a run for his money also.

:valentine3:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Today I showed my Latin classes a Classic Trek episode call "Who mourns for Adonis?". It works for Latin class, since it features a Greek mythological character, Apollo. I was taking advantage of the huge popularity of the new movie. The kids LOVED it! They had a huge laugh at the young, handsome William Shatner, and they really loved the "cheesy" sets. I think that I made a few new Trek fans today.
Marla

froggal
05-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Rob . . . LETS DO IT!!! She was pretty hot. Susie, you are so funny! You are a beautiful woman, I am sure he would jump at the chance!!

Oluwa
05-23-2009, 12:20 PM
If James T. Kirk wasn't so old, I'd let him give me the run for my money...LOL.

sits_inthe_corner
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I went with my husband and my step son to see star trek, we saw it in the Imax theater. Unfortunately we were late arriving and had to sit down in the pit with our necks bent backwards.

My knees were okay, but I had to take my glasses off as the motion on the screen was making me dizzy.

It was much better with my glasses off. I really didn't need to know how many ingrown hairs spok had on his cheek!

The movie was wonderful...everything you could hope for!

Goint to see angels and demonds tomorrow :)

magistramarla
05-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow, the number of excellent movies out this spring are unbelievable! We've been in the theater every weekend this month - Wolverine, Star Trek, Angels & Demons and so many other good ones out now or about to be released. It seems that the film makers are trying to make up for the bad years when they had writers striking.
We took the grandson to see "17 Again" last night. There was a problem and delay, so the theater gave us free tickets for our next film - YEAH!!! I have to admit, I even took the grandson to see the Hannah Montana movie and we both loved it. I've had a thing for her daddy - Billy Ray Cyrus - for years, so I had my own reasons for enjoying that film.
Since I can't go out in the sun, and all sports are out for me, going to take in a good movie is something that I can easily share with my family members. My joints do stiffen up after sitting for so long, but I can lean on a hubby, son, or grandson and I do just fine.
Marla

sits_inthe_corner
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Just came back from seeing angels and demons....not worth the stiff knees :))

It was a good movie but not up to the level of the de vinci code. I could have waited to see it as a rental. Oh well.

Next movie....night at the museum 2. That I also want to see in the theater...sucker for punishment.

Angel Oliver
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh what a shame.Ive not seen it yet but the hype was megga.Think i'll wait for the dvd :) Hope you still enjoyed going out though..the atmosphere....popcorn...hotdog n chocolate.....lol.Hope your knees have eased up too.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chas
05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Hands off the Spock.

Saysusie
05-25-2009, 02:25 PM
How funny SITC...I just saw "Angel's & Demons" and thought this it was so much better that "The DaVinci Code". There was so much important information from the book that was left out of the movie and too many important things were changed.
Perhaps I thought that "Angels & Demons" was better because I did not read that book and did not know what was left out and what was changed.

My disappointment so far......"Terminator - Salvation". It was much too predictable. The special effects were outstanding, but the story could have been a movie of the week! Bland!

So far, "Star Trek" is the best thing going this summer!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I have not read either book, shame on me :)) I have trouble focusing on novels. I used to eat them one after another...but now I find my eyes water and I end up nodding off.

Angels and Demons was a good movie, it just seemed to lack something that was in the De Vinci Code. It seemed to be more of an action movie than a brain teaser. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Night in the museum 2 and Harry Potter ... it is a good summer for movies.

magistramarla
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I have read Angels and Demons, and I really felt that the movie did leave out a lot and changed a lot that was in the book. I thought that The DaVinci Code stayed a bit closer to the book. However, this Latin teacher really loved the romp through Rome, especially the Pantheon.
Marla

froggal
05-25-2009, 11:48 PM
I cant wait to see Angels and Demons! Kids did drag me to Night at the Museum 2 this weekend . . . Dont waste your money in the theater!!! I was very unimpressed! The first one was pretty good for a family film. This one . . . NOT so good!! :nah: Ben Stiller owes me two hours of my life back!!! :skeptical:

lucky7
05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Once again, YOu all are making me SMILE!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Im feelingsick BUT now i have a moment of not feeling sick and its all because of YOU ALL!!!!!!!! WOO HOO to YOU ALL!!!!!!!:fam21:

abbasgirl
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I was wondering about Night at the Museum 2... thanks. I'll wait to see it on dvd, I guess. lol.

Star Trek is awesome! My family and I loved it! Can't wait for the next one. We also can't wait to see the next Iron Man movie. I hope it's as good as the first one.

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Jeanette, sorry that you dont feel well. You know I love you. Abba, I am SO serious about that movie . . . I am thinking about pressing charges for assault and battery. I left the theater feeling abused and tortured! :skeptical:

rob
05-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Jeanette, sorry that you dont feel well. You know I love you. Abba, I am SO serious about that movie . . . I am thinking about pressing charges for assault and battery. I left the theater feeling abused and tortured! :skeptical:
I must lead a sheltered life, because I didn't even know there was A Night at the Museum 1, let alone 2.

I just rented an excellent movie that just came out on DVD. It's called Valkyrie. It's about the German WWII Col. Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise) who tried to kill Hitler. A real edge of your seat type of movie, and it's a historically accurate film as well. Good stuff.

froggal
05-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I have heard very good things about that movie. I will put it on the movies to rent list!! Besides, two hours of Tom Cruise is never torture!!

lucky7
05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Tom Cruise might not be torture, but Scientology sure is!!!!!! LOL Hope i didnt offend any Scientologists out there! Sorry if i did!:wacko:

froggal
05-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Jeanette you are funny. I dont get it either. I have even spent time in the Scientology Center in Portland. I dont think you offended anyone. TO EACH HIS OWN!!! Opinions are what make America great! :yes:

abbasgirl
05-28-2009, 08:10 PM

Lol...that sounds like a big stinker of a movie. Lol. So sorry you were let down. That sure seemed like it would be good.

Hey Rob, the first one is hilarious and so well done. A little silly at times in my opinion, but over all very good. Attila the Hun cracked us up.

mountaindreamer
05-29-2009, 07:49 PM
hey jeannette,

i don't guess you offended anyone, cause no one spoke up....besides, i can't imagine you ever being offensive....

Saysusie
05-30-2009, 11:10 AM
It is unfortunate that Tom Cruise's previous actions have put a dent in his career. He is having a difficult time regaining his box office prowess!! I've heard good things about that movie, but it died at the box office. However, it is on my netflix que, so I should be receiving it shortly.

Rob; You are so funny! You are not the "slapstick - juvenile" kinda humor guy, that's why the first and second "museum" movies got past you. Actually, I agree, it is not worth your time or money, unless you just want to spend two hours doing nothing to enrich yourself and you just want to slip off into mind numbing dumbness! My husband actually wanted to see that movie, so I took him to see it on our anniversary. There were a few funny lines, but for the most part, it was a very juvenile movie and we both left feeling stupid for wasting our time!:nah:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
AWWWWW, thank you Phyllis and Angie!!!! :cute: