PDA

View Full Version : Happy World Lupus Day....

TobyJug
05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Happy world Lupus day everyone....
Hope that today raises some awareness about Lupus....

Hope all are well....
hugss

iseedeadmonkeys
05-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Happy Lupus Day TJ :yes:

MJ is wearing a purple tie today for our support!
And norma did a poster for her car,

And i sent out a txt to ppl basically saying....Today is Lupus Day, Show your support wear summin purple OR tell someone new about LUPUS! i know firends who have forwarded it on to other ppl......we all doing our bit!

(I have purple knickers on!!) :laugh:

love
ISDM
xxx

Angel Oliver
05-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Im sucking on purple chocolate :) x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-10-2009, 06:46 AM
hi tobes happy lupus day i am to wearing purple including purple bra totrally kitted out ;)
and my brother has just got back form florida and brought me a hard rock lupus awareness pin its great will put photo up when i got one!!!
here to some more awareness and something postive happening out of today!!!

:8::8::8:
Hxx

rob
05-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm not wearing purple, but I'm listening to the song Purple Rain right now. Does that count?

You know, I was thinking we could combine Lupus Awareness Day with the new national "Have you Beat Up Your Rheumotologist Day" that I have been lobbying for. What a visionary I am. Maybe they'll name a High School after me.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-10-2009, 08:54 AM
:-) :-) rob you crack me up!!! great idea !!!

oh by the way here is photo of my new pin!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Awww Rob your funny :)

xx

Beckey Lapp
05-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I am new but Happy Lupus Day seems to be an oxymoron. I am definately not happy that I have lupus! I know it's supposed to raise awareness and all but Lupus awareness day seems more appropriate. I think Robs idea ought to be expanded to beat all your doctors day!

AyahsClan
05-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not wearing purple, but I'm listening to the song Purple Rain right now. Does that count?

You know, I was thinking we could combine Lupus Awareness Day with the new national "Have you Beat Up Your Rheumotologist Day" that I have been lobbying for. What a visionary I am. Maybe they'll name a High School after me.

LOL best belly laugh I've had all day!

But seriously, I know you have been really going through it. Wish I could take on some of your pain/symptoms to give you a break.

So...I guess I should send texts or do something to promote Lupus Awareness Day? Not sure how, my friends and family don't seem to be "aware" and they see it up close and personal.
I'll Twitter something.

AyahsClan
05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
http://www.lupus.org/worldlupusday/index.html

AyahsClan
05-10-2009, 12:22 PM
The World Lupus Day Proclamation

Please join the international lupus community in urging your government to adopt and issue the World Lupus Day Proclamation.

Whereas, lupus is an autoimmune disease that can cause severe damage to the tissue and organs in the body and, in some cases, death; and

Whereas, more than five million people worldwide suffer the devastating effects of this disease and each year over a hundred thousand young women, men and children are newly diagnosed with lupus, the great majority of whom are women of childbearing age; and

Whereas, medical research efforts into lupus and the discovery of safer, more effective treatments for lupus patients are under-funded in comparison with diseases of comparable magnitude and severity; and

Whereas, many physicians worldwide are unaware of symptoms and health effects of lupus, causing people with lupus to suffer for many years before they obtain a correct diagnosis and medical treatment; and

Whereas, there is a deep, unmet need worldwide to educate and support individuals and families affected by lupus; and

Whereas, there is an urgent need to increase awareness in communities worldwide of the debilitating impact of lupus;

Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved that 10 May 2009 is hereby designated as World Lupus Day on which lupus organizations around the globe call for increases in public and private sector funding for medical research on lupus, targeted education programs for health professionals, patients and the public, and worldwide recognition of lupus as a significant public health issue.

Proclaimed This Day, 10 May 2009

ashleybaby715
05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
i wrote, happy national lupus day on the calender at work to raise awareness ! :]

iseedeadmonkeys
05-11-2009, 03:42 AM
And thats why we love you Ashley :)

peace
ISDM
xxx

Oluwa
05-11-2009, 04:57 AM
I was sporting purple veins in my legs...

L.,
O.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-11-2009, 05:38 AM
I was sporting purple veins in my legs...

L.,
O.

:-) :-) you soo funny oluwa xxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
05-11-2009, 07:45 AM
lol heidi aint she just crackin!!

:)

ISDM
xx

MicRoMediC
05-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I am new but Happy Lupus Day seems to be an oxymoron. I am definately not happy that I have lupus! I know it's supposed to raise awareness and all but Lupus awareness day seems more appropriate. I think Robs idea ought to be expanded to beat all your doctors day!

I'm so with you Beckey! I'm not so sure it's "happy" but lupus awareness day is great.

wrightrs
05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Mother's Day was a bad day for Lupus day. I had to put Lupus on the back burner and send the day with our 2 Moms. But everyday is Lupus Awareness day to me.

Rob you can go with me to my doctor tomorrow and gang up on him. hehe !!!

rob
05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Rob you can go with me to my doctor tomorrow and gang up on him. hehe !!!

I'm available for your usual "Make you an offer you can't refuse" type of job anytime. But a total Rheumo workover and attitude adjustment requires 24 hour notice. Of course, as always, WHL members get a substantial discount!

wrightrs
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm available for your usual "Make you an offer you can't refuse" type of job anytime. But a total Rheumo workover and attitude adjustment requires 24 hour notice. Of course, as always, WHL members get a substantial discount!

I need the total Rheumo workover and attitude adjustment. But I don't have 24 hours. How much do you charge for short notice ?

:vader::swordfight::samurai::fighting0061:

Rastagirl
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for this thread, Toby....

I made sure to wear my purple to the race track yesterday and took the time to explain to several different people what a devastating disease it is. I told them about all the great people on this forum from around the world that have had their lives turned upside down because of Lupus. I let them know there are people right now in pain and suffering because of it.

I'm glad we do have a day dedicated to raising awareness about Lupus. Personally, I try to use each and every day to make somebody aware of it's devastating effects. I always make sure they know it can happen to anybody....that seems to get people's attention.

These days pretty much everyone knows about cancer and diabetes and AIDS...I think it's about time EVERYONE knows about Lupus too.

:cool2: Lori

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I second that lori !!!!! every one should know about thankfully state have made astart but you know what except for between us on here fb and lupuschat not once did i hear on radio or see it on telly except for the one run in london there was noo events going on or shops or business doing anything very disappointing!!

i felt very lucky to recieve a hard rock lupus awareness pin from orlando wish people could get them over here so many peeps have asked me where i got it from!!

well rant over for now will step of soap boxs lol :-)

Rastagirl
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey I want a Hard Rock Lupus Awareness Pin....:hissyfit:

I have Hard Rock t-shirts (you should see my Rock Angel one and my Shakira one with bling on it)...Hard Rock shot glasses...Hard Rock magnets...I need a Lupus pin.

Wonder if they sell them online ??? According to my teenage son, you can buy anything online. :laugh:

*Rasta trots off to find out if her son is right*

:)

Rastagirl
05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I found the Hard Rock Lupus Awareness Pin on a site called Lupus Pennsylvania.....but they were out of stock.... :grumpy:

Guess I'll keep looking....

:cool2: Lori

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-13-2009, 02:12 AM
hi lori yes i have few hard rock things my dad was a big fan thing he had tshirt from every one possible!!! well maybe not everyone but near enough lol!!! and i have got cocktail glasses, tshirts, pins many!!!! lol, magnets caps, hoody jackets!!, earings key rings think that is ps thier all from either orland or london lol!! and the lupus pins are gorgeous will post a pic!! bless my step mum sent several back including one for myself and ISDM!
hope you have had some luck looking for them on line!! :cute:

froggal
05-13-2009, 02:33 AM
I know this is a dumb question, but does the shade of purple matter? Is it a lavender or a barney the dinosaur purple?

(frog looks thru her closet wondering . . . :unsure:)

KathyW1958
05-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Hi all,
I did not know that there was a world Lupus Day. I think that it is great.

How do you get the smileys in here? I mean the smiley characters?

Hugs,
Kathy

wrightrs
05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Did anything good happen as a result of this day ?

lucky7
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
OH Froggal! Youre too CUTE! Im sure any shade of purple would do! LOL You made me laugh!:laugh:

lucky7
05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Im with Lori! MORE AWARENESS!!!!!! Lets shout it off the rooftops!!!!! I read about the low funding for lUPUS in my book "New Hope for People Living With Lupus"! Its Very informative! Did you guys know that Seal (the singer) has Lupus? Theres a few other celebrities with it also. They are trying to spread the word!:reporter:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Im with Lori! MORE AWARENESS!!!!!! Lets shout it off the rooftops!!!!! I read about the low funding for lUPUS in my book "New Hope for People Living With Lupus"! Its Very informative! Did you guys know that Seal (the singer) has Lupus? Theres a few other celebrities with it also. They are trying to spread the word!:reporter:

yer seal has had disciod lupus since child thats what scars are on his facethat book looks interesting i wonder if i can get over here on other side of pond :huh:

lucky7
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi Heidi!!!! Go to your bookstore and look in the self-help section. Th author is Theresa Foy DiGeronimo. I hope you can find it! If you cant let me know! Hey, give Ebay a try too!!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
thanks lucky i will,

*as she just goes to get a pen knowing full well she won't remember title or auther lol :-)*

lucky7
05-13-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL Its one of those days for me too Heidi!!!!! UGH! :wacko: