PDA

View Full Version : Happy Momma's Day to my Mom.

Oluwa
05-09-2009, 03:59 PM
My mother passed away on April 4th, 1995.
I loved her deeply; now she's simply gone.
All my life I'd known that I was loved,
Living in the circle of her arms. I can't believe her love is not somewhere,
So strong it was, so much a part of me.
I feel it in the harsh salt of the sea
And in the stinging sadness of the wind.
I ride the waves along the rock-strewn shore.
No one watches me with fear and pride.
Now among the stars I am alone.
In her heart I had my only home.

Written by another, unknown to me.... I just changed the date for me....written so beautifully it says what I feel.

Happy Mother's Momma. I miss you, I missed you before you were even gone. (My Momma died of terminal cancer) My heart still aches.

Angel Oliver
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh Oluwa.....such lovely words.......i feel your deep sadness and loss. Sending you gentle hugs and i know she's watching over you...still so proud my friend. Wish i could ease the pain....or turn back time....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BadFlareDay
05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
So sorry for your loss and sadness, I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain.

wrightrs
05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Oluwa, So sorry for your loss. That's a beautiful poem.

Saysusie
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Oluwa;
Such a beautiful poem. I can't imagine not having my mom around, I know that this loss must leave an emptiness. Know that you are always in my heart and in my thoughts.
Happy Mother's day, albeit due to your furry children, especially Pookie whom you say looks most like you (lol).
I hope that this day is filled with loving memories of you and your Mom.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you everyone....hugs...squeeze.

Oh, I do, I do have wonderful memories of my Mom. Many that cause me to laugh out loud. I feel her in my gestures, my words...and my expressions. Times I feel I am just like her.

Though I feel like I don't belong to anyone anymore since she left.. it is okay that I feel that...that is love. And I love her.

She will...would be 75 on May 21...I often wonder what she would look like. More beautiful than the year before. The last time we were together she was 60..and so strikingly beautiful. She wasn't elegant..she was elegance.

Though I cried my contacts blurry today, when I cry I feel her love..it was, really a wonderful day.

In her journal she wrote. I love my babies, each and every one. I am one of eight.
Love,
Oluwa

Saysusie
05-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Oluwa;
I know that so much of your Mother's goodness, sweetness, compassion, understanding, and sense of fairness abounds in you. You are an homage to your Mother and she did a wonderful job with with you because you are such a wonderful, giving person.
I truly understand the tears that make you feel the love! We are all blessed because you are here and that is a tribute to your Mother!

Peace and Blessings
Always
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes and i agree.How proud your Mom would be of our Oluwa. Such a caring,courageous,lovely,funny lady.Always thoughtful and helping others through the darkest of days......since ive known you....i think you are amazing.So yes.....your Mom did a fab job...and we are glad to know and love such a lady Oluwa....our dear friend. And how nice....the note your Mom wrote about her babies.....lovely.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pretti in Pink
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Olwua,

I know it's after Mother's Day, but I must agree with Saysusie and Angel Oliver, she lives on in you. That kind sweet spirit that you said you remember, you emulate. And we feel, the care and love that you said she gives. You, my friend, are elegance.

Pearl
05-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Like your mother loved her babies, each and every one, you too show that love and affection each time you post here to another member in need...as if we are all "your babies." You have a great gift. Your mother, I know, is so proud of you.

Jana

Oluwa
05-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Oh, you guys are just too sweet and kind...thank you for caring about me...I well up inside with gratitude and it shows on the outside. I am all blotchy red now...I feel joy, I laugh with tears. Silly me.

Group hug..head hugs for each of you...squeeze.

Oodles of love.
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
05-12-2009, 07:15 AM
hi oluwa,

so sorry for being late to join in with everyone else offering support to you. You say your mom is gone, but i hear her in every word that you use....i believe she is with you, she surrounds you, she watches over you, and she shares in your love for children and everyone else.

i know you feel alone, but watch out for little gifts....she is your mother, and i am sure that she is still giving to you.

i am so sorry that you are suffering with this loss, i just wish there were words that could ease your pain.