PDA

View Full Version : Husband saw Derm today

gamma
05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I was on a couple of weeks ago asking questions and explained about my husband being treated and misdiagnosed by a Derm with psoriasis for 7 months. Went to new Derm, who immediately said it was not psoriasis, but skin lupus, he did a biopsy and confirmed skin lupus. He also did the standard lupus blood work, but nurse called and said Derm was satisfied with results, and we had no idea what that meant. Well today he went for his checkup and got more info.

Derm says he has both discoid and subacute, which from doing our own research is what we though. Plus he tested positive for SS-A, which usually goes along with the subacute. As for SLE, Derm said with the ANA result, he can't rule SLE in or out, his ANA was neither positive or negative.

Treatment so far, topical cream, which has helped with the skin some. He finally got started on Plaquenil last week. Today he also injected steriods right into the worse of the discoid lesions, hoping to not have scarring from them. He also gave him a prescription for this tape, that has something on it, and he cuts pieces off and sticks them over the discoid lesions, see if that might help some of the worse ones.

Since the blood work results were not specific enough, and my husband is having hip, hand and knee pain, that is getting worse, plus he so god awful exhausted, he is sending him to a Rheumy. We were going anyhow, after one piss poor diagnose, we are not messing here. The Rheumy he recommended, has been recommended to me, by several people with lupus, so going to start there.

So we are feeling a little more comfortable with all this.

lucky7
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
It sounds like youre doing whats in your power Gamma. Thats good, and i like your attitude! Ya dont fool around with any BS,you and yourt husband KNOW somethings wrong so push until youre satisfied! Keep fighting the fight!:vader: GOOD LUCK! XXXXXXXXXX

Saysusie
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I am glad that your husband was seen by the new dermatologist who took his symptoms seriously, ran the appropriate tests and is treating you husband appropriately!
Hopefully, the rheumatologist will do the same and start treatment that will help with the joint pain. Please know that it will take several weeks before your husband sees the benefits of the Plaquenil. However, once it does start working, many have found that it was very helpful, especially with the skin lesions and sometimes, even with the fatigue.
I wish you both the very best!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh im so glad you are now being taken seriously.Now your husband will get the good help he deserves to help him with pain and the illness. Well done for fighting them and goodluck with your husbands treatment.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
05-12-2009, 07:43 AM
hi gamma,

so glad your husband has found a dr. that is trying to get him some relief. I too have used the tape, and it really helped...i keep some on hand and use it as needed.

Hopefully the Plaquenil will start decreasing the pain and other symptoms. My dr. said it could take up to 6 months for it to work the best that it will. By the time you see the new rheumy, he/she will be able to see if the plaquenil is doing any good, and then maybe add another treatment option that will provide even more relief.

you are obviously a wonderful advocate for your husband's needs, and i am so glad that he has you by his side....it is so much easier with support.