PDA

View Full Version : Nasal Congestion

Larz77
05-08-2009, 06:38 AM
So, in my never ending quest to figure out how to get to feeling better, my Rheumatologist has been comtemplating using Prednisone, but although it gives some relief, it brings on it's own symptoms and in itself only brings remission for the time I'm taking it. I've had success with Chemo drugs getting me into longer term remissions, so if this is a Lupus flare, it might be worth a chance to see if it might work. However, with the H1N1 virus going around, we were waiting to see where this panned out.

One thing I've had a lot of the last few months is sinus stuff. Like a cold that never ends. I've been on so many antibiotics this year (and oddly enough, I always feel better for a while while on them which makes it even harder). So she is sending me in for allergy testings. It's so funny, I'm following this same path that I have in the past. I've had the sinus stuff, the visits to the allergy doctor, the sinus cat scans, etc. So I'm thinking this could be a Lupus symptom too. Anyone experience this?

So frustrated...tired of feeling like this...too good to be lying around...too awful to be up doing anything...so confused what to do.

Larz

debbie-b
05-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Larz,

I am going through something similar, after I go to bed, as soon as my head goes down on the pillow, my sinuses close and I have to breath through my mouth. I wake up several times a night, because my mouth is bone dry and I have to drink water ( big water bottle next to the bed). My doc prescriped
Fluticasone Propionate ( a steroid sinus spray), it does not help. I am very worried about my teeth, because my mouth is dry anyway, because of sicca, but at night it has no moisture at all. BTW, as soon as I lift my head into a sitting position, my sinuses open right up.

Debbie

lucky7
05-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Larz! I too have sinus issues like never before. I also have allergies since being ill, ive NEVER had them before in my life. I also have ulcers in my nose which are VERY sensitive. I wear my sunglasses and it bothers the ulcers which in turn gives me a consatant runny nose. UGH I feel your pain! :wacko: I too can feel as if i have a never-ending cold at times. Get yourself checked for the ulcers, ointments help but anything touching my nose sets it off into runny land! EWWWWW! Grose huh!

Larz77
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I never thought that you could get allergies because of lupus. Certainly would explain a lot.

lucky7
05-08-2009, 06:28 PM
We seem to get ALOT of things that seem to be because of our lupus huh:skeptical: EVERY part of our bodies feel it in some way or another:wacko: