PDA

View Full Version : thinknig about me dad x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-08-2009, 05:24 AM
well thought i would tell you all how i'm feeling today!!

two years ago today my dad was taken away from us in a horrific car crash on the beach line in florida , i jut can't believe how fast it has gone by and on how much has happen since and yet it still feels like yesterday !!

i feel kind of wierd numbing i suppose it saddens me hes not here yet i feel soo happy with my life right now with harry! its like my head can't make up its mind how it feels this week :wacko:

so i thought i would show how special my dad was here is the website in tribute to him www.timothybrothers.com and here are some photos xx

rob
05-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Hello Heidi,

I remember when you first joined here, I looked at your photo album, and noticed that you mentioned that your father was no longer with you and your family. I thought about asking what happened, but decided that you would talk about it if, and when you wanted to. Your dad reminds me so much of my dad, who I'm very lucky to still have in my life. Your dad had a career that sounds facinating, especially the work at KSC and with General Dynamics. My father had a exciting career that took him all around the world too. And he was in the military as well. My father loves amusement park rides, and back in his pilot days, he loved taking people up and subjecting them to loops and barrel rolls.

Your father looks like a man who lived his life to the fullest, and loved every minute of it. The look on his face on that ride is priceless. Both my father and I had jobs where we had to carry firearms, so I really got a laugh out of the Banana-gun! I'm so sorry you lost him. Thank you for sharing his pictures, and his story with us.

Rob

P.S. I see you are getting along nicely with the new boyfriend, Harry. He looks like a great guy with a great sense of humor.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks rob xx

it most deffo sounds like our fathers had alot in common my dad was deffo one in a million your dad must have been one in the other million lol :yes:

i really don't mind people asking about dad as he was a hero in my eyes and i am very proud of him which is shock to most people who know me as ateenager as we had a very difficult relationship then it was only when he started working in afgan that we started to understand each other he rung and arranged best time to come see me and i said to come over when kids on break so was best time for all so he was actually due to come over two weeks after he died it ended up being our flight home

its all those things like weddings and babies that i know he wouldn't be round for that upsets me but i think at least hes not in pain and cripled

ps: yer things are great with harry hes been great over the last couple of days really supportive thanks rob xxx

wrightrs
05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I always get a little sad this time of year. My father was in and out of the hospital for a few years.My father had surgery in may 1987. And never left the hospital. He died June 8, 1987. I was right out of high school and my sister was still in high school. My sister and I practically lived in the hospital then. One of the doctor told us we were to young to spent all our time in the hospital. That we needed to live our lives. But we stayed with him to the end.

I'm so sorry you lost your father. Your in my thought and prayer. Hope you can keep your mind on the happy times you had with you father.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
ahh thanks becky sorry ot hear about your dad too it must of been hard !!one of things i'm grateful for is dad died instantly no pain no surgeries am thinking of you too xx

Angel Oliver
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Thinking of you and understand the loss of a parent.

love
Angel.xxxxxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
thanks angel xxx

Pearl
05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Ditto. Lost my mom 10 years ago. Feels like just yesterday. Wishing you wellness and sweet memories...

lucky7
05-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh Heidi, i am so sorry for your loss. How painful, im glad time has healed you somewhat,they say its something you are NEVER truely over. Im glad you have your memories though, how nice of you to share. My heart is with you:wub:

Hi Pearl, so sorry about the loss of your mother as well. YOu too are in my heart and please reach out if you need to:heart:

Saysusie
05-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Heidi;
I, too, remember when you first joined and reading about your Father. I just want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and, especially, that there is no right or wrong way to feel when dealing with the loss of someone as important as a parent. Whatever you feel is genuine and, while you are sad about his loss, I'm sure that you know that he is very, very happy that you, his beloved daughter, are happy. Your happiness is a homage to your Father!

Always
Saysusie

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
thanks alot guys it means alot your support and too pearl my thoughts are with you xxx

Rastagirl
05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Heidi...

I'm sorry about your Dad....sending you caring hugs. I looked through all the pictures....even went to the tribute site you have for him....and you can see how much joy and excitement he had for life. It's contagious when you see that grin on his face....I couldn't help smiling myself.

Thanks for sharing a part of yourself....your Dad....and giving us a glimpse of a wonderful, fun-loving, happy to be alive, man that obviously left his mark on this world in such a wonderful way.

I am thankful for your Dad....without him....I hever would have met you.

I'm sorry you don't get to have him here to share in the wonderful things that are happening in your life....and those yet to come.

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
ah thank you lori he was surely one in a million broke the mould when they made my dad!!!!
i'm soo glad i found this site and made soo many more friends like you xxx

stoney
05-09-2009, 01:23 PM
ill never forget when we all went swimming and i met ur dad, it was more like he was ur mate rather than 'just yer dad'. it was great u had a relationship like that with him. u could see he adored u xx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
aaahhh thanks normsy i remember that day too xxx

TobyJug
05-10-2009, 04:17 AM
just sending a hug your way hun.....
x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-10-2009, 06:41 AM
ahh thanks tobes xxx

Oluwa
05-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Sending you tight head hugs, Heidi...thank you for sharing a part of you..your Dad, your heart, your memories of your father through your words and your tribute.

Love,
Oluwa

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-10-2009, 07:45 AM
ahh thanks oluwa i could talk about my dad all day think some times i bore people with it!! its soo nice to talk about the good memories, had a lovely thing happen today my brother came back from florida spending the anniversary with my step mum and brought back some of the stuff my dad kept of ours from when we were kids drawing cards stories reports from school it was lovely looking through them :-)

rob
05-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Ok Heidi, I have to ask, what did your Dad do at the Kennedy Space Center? I have been interested in the space program ever since my father took me to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum when I was a kid.

When I was in the Army I was a crewman on an M-1 Abrams tank which is made by General Dynamics. Did your Dad work on tanks, or aircraft with them? Hope you don't mind me asking, I find this sort of thing facinating!

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
rob i don't mind at all!!!

from what i understand dad worked within the weather part not sure what will check with my step mum she still works there now!! when dad died we were actually given free tickets to go to visitors centre and had lunch with an astronaught it was agreat day funny story that goesw with that is when you have lunch theres a few peopel there you eat then can ask questions my sister was the first person to ask a question and asked how you go to the tiolet when in space!! the astronaught whos name escapes me right now laugh and said he get asked that alot but normally by children my sister was 24 at the time!! then said he would answer once everyone had finished eating!! he told us about all these indivdual tube and funnels and switches and the fact the tiolet it self cost something like 3 million dollars alone to make and that astronaught have to go though this test where they excuse my discrption have to be able to poo in a whole the size of a top of a coke can and can't go to space till they can do this!!! :-)

and as far as job at general dynamics i know when he was out in afgan he was lead systems administrator and from which i understand was maintaining computers and stuff i know cause one of thing i got to day was a little trophy he got for the good job he done while he was out there!!when he came back from afgan for those five month he travel back and forward to alaska maintaining pippes and system again i think but unsure

i knw he also worked for pan am weather station when they were about!!
and when he was in the airforce he wass grounds man

never worrying about asking me question i one i love talking about dad to and i always say i'm an open book ask me anything! x