PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

sickofbeingsick
05-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone. Went to the dr a month ago. He said I should start feeling better with warmer weather. He says I have fibro, not lupus. I have been outside alot with the nice weather. Have facial redness, looks like a sunburn, but its not. I have lost my appetite again, and am starting to lose weight. I went through this last summer, and almost had to be admitted for tube feedings. I am having widespread pain again, similar to last summer, swollen face and eyes, fatigue, severe headaches and weight loss. Does anyone else go through this? Why do I feel worse in the spring and summer? I am scared I am going to go through what happened a year ago.

mountaindreamer
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
hi sickofbeingsick,

i too suffer with fibro, and i know how frustrating it can be. It attacks the soft tissues, and does not limit itself to the pressure points.

Has your dr. tried any of the meds that help some people with fibro? Several people get success with lyrica, you might want to call him and see if he will prescribe, if you have not tried it.

i truly hope that you don't have the same summer that you did last year. I find that with my fibro, if i go to bed and rest as soon as i feel bad, then the flare will subside quicker....don't know if it will work for you, though.

hope you feel better tomorrow.