PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

mercedesrobb
05-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone. I was just diagnosed with SLE. I have been sick for years though and never knew why. Im concerned because I have blood and protein in my urine, and they found two 5cm lesions on my left kidney via CT. They want to do an ultrasound Friday but I am nervous and was hoping someone on here had been through the same thing and could shed some light on what could be going on. Thanks to all that write.

Ria0331
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling good. Unfortunally I don't have any kidney problems but I'm sure that someone on here will be able to shed some light on this subject. I wish you all the best of luck. Also welcome to our family.

gina
05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Sorry you feel bad, i myself have a stone only 1mm have had it since january. i have blood and protein in urnine on all my test. i go to urilogist in june. don't be afraid of ultra sound will give them another look at the stone. i have only had the ct scan. they told me should pass on its own which it hasn't. stones cause blood in urnine not sure about the protein. ask your doctor, i go online and look up most of the questions i have webmd a good site.
keep smileing:yes:

gina
05-07-2009, 07:19 AM
oohps its 1cm not 1mm.

Saysusie
05-07-2009, 09:42 AM
I have not had any kidney problems with my Lupus, but many members here have had (or are currently having) kidney involvement with their Lupus.
If doctors suspect kidney disease, they will commonly order a kidney ultrasound. This is a common procedure and really not a procedure to fear at all. There isn't much to it.
It's just like any other ultrasound, except it concentrates on the kidneys. Bear in mind that the ultrasound is not a replacement for a kidney biopsy, but it's an important test to rule out other problems with the kidneys. The ultrasound provides your doctor with information about the size of your kidneys, possible obstructions, and it can show if there is any significant scarring and/or lesions. It is also useful in making the decsion on whether to order a kidney biopsy. Because, if it shows that the kidneys are shrunken and severely-scarred, it might not be worth doing a biopsy.
The ultrasound is an easy, painless test. You simply lie on a table and a gel is placed on your body in the area of the kidney (to help the probe glide easily) and the ultrasound technician moves the probe over your torso (front, sides and back). The only discomfort might be from the pressure of the probe being pushing tight against your torso (it can be a little sensitive if it pushes against bone). The whole process only takes about 15-20 minutes.
The technician WILL NOT give you the results of the ultrasound and will not comment on anything that he/she sees. You will have to wait to speak to the doctor who ordered the test in order to get the results of the ultrasound.
Let us know what the results are and we will give you as much information as we can about the next steps that you and your doctor decide upon.

Best of Luck
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mercedesrobb
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
thank you! that was a lot of help. i will keep you posted on the results. take care! :)

Oluwa
06-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi Mercedesrobb...

Wondering how you are...and checking to see what your results were...doing alright....?

Keep looking for your wellness...hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

abbasgirl
06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome...and ((((hugs)))

I've had blood in my urine but no protein has been found. They checked out my kidneys with an ultrasound once and found nothing. I've had kidney stones twice in the past. So I'm thinking that's what is going on with my pain and the blood.

I'm praying for you and that you will get answers quickly. More ((((hugs))))

dsunshine
06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the site!
Sorry to hear you have Lupus and Kidney complications. BUT I have good news...You have come to the right place for understanding, input,ears that listen, eyes that read, and fingers that type back and respond to whatever you feel like discusing, venting or have questions on. I do not have any organ issues with my lupus but I do wish you luck and can only say do not fear the ultra sound as you want to find out what is going on and that is one way of finding out.
I have already said a prayer for you.

ashleybaby715
06-06-2009, 09:40 AM
i've never had lesions on my kidney's...but i did have really high protein spills in my urine.
thank goodness that with all my medications, they actually REALLY helped with that situation, and i have little to NONE in my urine now!
and there are now no signs of inflammation on my kidney's ! so yay to that !

i really hope all works well for you!!

Angel Oliver
06-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Just to say we are all thinking of you and hope you feel a little better.

love
Angel.xxxxx

alchapman42@yahoo.com
06-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I have had kidney involvement for years and had the same problems you are having when i was first diagnoised. just kinda roll with it, they have many different courses of action they can treat you with to try and calm your lupus and kidneys down. it just takes a little time for them to run test so they can see everything that is going on. i know it is a little scary right now but things will get better.