PDA

View Full Version : Kinda dumb questions

ritzbit
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I have an appointment tomorrow with my rheumatologist. And I know Im going to have to answer all the usual questions. When they ask stuff like how are your arms and legs and do you have any muscle weakness ect. I always answer with I dont knows and things like I guess it feels fine. I've felt the way I do now for like a year or so at least. So I guess Im just dumb and dont know whats normal or not. I cant really tell her that I feel bad, becuz I always feel like this. I dont know if its just normal or if its something I need to tell her or what. I've always felt kinda achy everywhere alot. So I dont really know what to tell her ya know? I feel I little dumb becuz it seems like some simple questions.lol I just dont want to sound like Im complaining to her about nothing, but I dont want to just not tell her when it may be important.
Anyone have any thoughts?

:unsure:

Oluwa
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Ritzbit....Hi.

If you can feel it, tell your doctor because we shouldn't feel anything if we didn't have a disease. People are are aware of themselves but it shouldn't be pain, tender. Pain, weakness is treatable.

We do have a normal but you should tell her...because really our normal is abnormal...

She may have other medication she can prescribe...she may need to request further testing, different test...

Know you are not complaining you are answering a question...and too doctors treat our medical 'complaints'...so don't feel shy, awkward or like a complainer.

Use the scale method to describe the strength of your pain. 1 -10...10 being you would go to an ER...

What if you thought was your norm could be normalier...wouldn't that be something...so do tell her...

Be well..hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

Oluwa
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh, one more thing Ritzbit....it wasn't a dumb question. There really are no dumb questions...sometimes just dumb answers...lol...was mine, ah dumb.

Hugs,
Oluwa

wrightrs
05-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't say much at the doctor because when I do they act like they don't believe me. When I do tell them they contradict what I say. It's so frustrating

tasha
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
you absolutely should tell your doctor if you feel achey even if you think that is normal for you. you shouldn't be in any kind of pain EVER!

i think you should explain it to your doctor just how you explained it to us.

gina
05-07-2009, 07:14 AM
I agree with Oluwa very good advice you should follow it.:yes:

ritzbit
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the advice. =)

That was the longest appointment of my life.lol

I was at childrens from 1 til 5:30 today

mountaindreamer
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
hi ritzbits,

how did your drs. appt. go?

Mary Jane
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
So, how did your appointment go. I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think I know what it is like to feel normal anymore. I hurt all the time, and it's very irritating.

rob
05-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi Ritzbit,

I was just wondering how everything is going with you. I hope your rather long Dr. visit went well.

Rob

debbie-b
05-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi Ritzbit,

We all would like to know, how your appointment went.
But I would also like to tell you about my doctor visits. My doc will push, yank, poke and prod, and ask does this hurt, does that hurt? But I do have a very high tolerance for pain ( don't we all by now?), so alot of times I will answer," well somewhat, or not to bad, or a little". I guess to him that means, it can't be that bad. I have pain every day, some days worse than others. The only doc that would understand, is a doc with lupus.

Debbie

lucky7
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Thinking of you Ritzbit:cute: Hope all is well.XXXXXXXXXX

cheryl_v
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Well?? We all are very curious now, spill please.

By the way, my Dad use to tell me that the only dumb questions are the ones we never ask. This one didn't sound dumb, just a bit scared like most of us before visits. It can be intimidating with them staring at you and all. Hope everythings ok.

DrinkofWtr
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Dear Ritzbit:

It is hard to know if you feel normal or not because the abnormal can feel normal after feeling bad for so long and the normal could feel abnormal because we don't really know what it is to feel normal anymore with this crazy lupus.