PDA

View Full Version : newbie ? about meds

terrieg
05-05-2009, 06:12 PM
hello everyone.
i guess i should say something about myself. i'm 36. i've had lupus for at least 8 years, just diagnosed last summer-"confirmed diagnoses".I have 2 kids, boy& girl-they are my motivation. lots of dogs 2 cats. i used to prepare tax returns, but have not worked since march 2008. i love to paint,sketch,take photos,read, write watch great movies, all indoor activities,yuck.
lupus has changed my life, alot of it for the better. my x-husband(my kids daddy) & i realized our augments were really not that important, and that we do love each other.
MEDS-plaquenil, prednisone, naproxen, my doctor wants me to try lyrica, does anyone else take it?

mountaindreamer
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
hi terrig

welcome to our group....there are so many members who will be here whenever you need to ask questions or just vent.

i tried lyrica (for fibromyalgia) but did not tolerate it very well and had to come off. There are several members who have had great success with lyrica, and there are others who experienced side effects that required us to stop. Did your dr. also diagnose you with fibromyalgia? Is your dr. a rheumatologist?

The good thing about Lyrica is that you can come off if you don't tolerate the med.

good luck and let us know how it goes.