PDA

View Full Version : lyrica

terrieg
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
does anyone take lyrica. my rhuemy says it is good for nerve pain. so... is nerve pain common with lupus?

WantItGone
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
does anyone take lyrica. my rhuemy says it is good for nerve pain. so... is nerve pain common with lupus?

hi terrie,

i was taking lyrica for about a month. i was taking neurontin & flexerill before that and they weren't substantially reducing pain so my rheumy switched me to lyrica. i didn't really notice to much improvement. plus, i noticed i was gaining weight and having difficulty losing no matter how little i ate. so, i discontinued use. i'm now back to neurontin & flexerill. hope it helps, if u decide to take it.

mountaindreamer
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
hi terrieg,

i responded to your question about lyrica in your post located uder "newly diagosed"

again, welcome to the group.

Ria0331
05-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I also was on lyrica at one point and it didn't do anything but put weight on me. So after a few weeks I discontinued it.

ButterflyRN
05-16-2009, 06:37 AM
I am currently on lyrica for back pain. It is a very low dose 100mg a day, and it has given me some relief. My biggest issue with it is it makes my feet/ankles swell and I am now taking lasix every other day to help reduce the fluid. Haven't had issue with weight gain. I am staying pretty steady with that thank goodness. As I've posted on another thred I think I have fibromyalgia but haven't been officially diagnosed. Hope the lyrica works for you!