PDA

View Full Version : Walk For Lupus Now

wrightrs
05-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Husband is walking for Lupus today in Charlotte NC. I can't walk so, I'm volunteering. Tell you more after walk !!!! Pray for no RAIN !!!!!

;):thumbs-up::raspberry1::653:

Angel Oliver
05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Well done to your husband for helping a good cause...lets pray NO RAIN for him! And well done you too for helping out too my friend. Let me know how it goes....have lots of fun too.Hey try n take photos,would be fab to see you both on the day.

love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx

froggal
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
That is awesome Becky! Good luck I hope you enjoy yourselves and also raise lots of awareness!! That sounds like a lot of fun!! Tell your husband thank you!

lucky7
05-04-2009, 02:15 PM
WOO HOO to Beckys husband!!!!! RA RA SIS BOOM BA!!!! I love it!!!!!:8:

wrightrs
05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
The walk was great. I handed out T shirts. There was a short walk and a long walk. My husband took the long. 3.5 miles. He said there were 3 place to stop for refreshments. They had water, sports drinks, crackers, Fruit that was cut up. My husband got back right before the hard rain. He got a little wet. But I feel bad for the ones that didn't get back before the heavy rain. There was dangerous lighting too. After the walk they gave us pizza, desert pizza and Italian ice. A pizza place donated it. They raised $40.000 and more still coming in. I'm so glad I went. But I'm really tired now. I think I could have made the short walk. I walked farther than that to and from the car.

:fam21:;):thumbs-up::raspberry1:

froggal
05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
That is so awesome! I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I would walk anywhere if there was food involved!! That is great motovation!!

lucky7
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Thats GREAT Becky!!!! Im so happy you and your husband were involved with it!!!! :cute: