PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! :)

esmith523
04-30-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm new here, and actually just got diagnosed with Lupus yesterday.. after months of tests. It's slightly a relief to know that they finally figured out whats been making me so sick, but I was really hoping it was something else.

My name is Elizabeth. I am 21 years old. I came to the forum to try and find people who can relate to what I'm going through and maybe help me cope with it some.

Thanks for reading, Have a great day. :cute:

wrightrs
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
;48347]I'm new here, and actually just got diagnosed with Lupus yesterday.. after months of tests. It's slightly a relief to know that they finally figured out[/font] whats been making me so sick, but I was really hoping it was something else.

My name is Elizabeth. I am 21 years old. I came to the forum to try and find people who can relate to what I'm going through and maybe help me cope with it some.

Thanks for reading, Have a great day. :cute:

You felt the same way I did when I first found out I had lupus. I was glad I finally had a name. But afraid too because, I had heard of lupus. But I didn't know what It was. I ask the doctor does that mean I going to die. He told me it's not like that and most people with lupus live normal a life span.

mountaindreamer
04-30-2009, 08:39 PM
hi elizabeth,

welcome to the forum. you will find the members to be compassionate and knowledgeable. there are many symptoms of lupus, and it effects each person differently. whatever you are experiencing, or whatever questions you have, someone here will be able to help.

so sorry about your diagnosis, i hope you have a good rheumatologist, who will work with you about treatment options.

Angel Oliver
05-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi and welcome and glad you are here with many people who will fully understand you and will help you. Glad you found the answer and got a diagnosis,cause now you can live and deal with it instead of like many who are left in limbo for such a long time. I understand the relief you must feel,but also the fright too.You ask anything you think you need to know about.Many members here are happy to help you and will welcome you.They are all so lovely.Sending you gentle hugs.
love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MicRoMediC
05-01-2009, 07:04 AM
hi elizabeth, my name's samantha. i was diagnosed a few weeks ago and i'm 22 years old. i can relate, as most of us can. we're here to talk with you and cheer you up and support you through the tough times. feel free to ask and complain and read up on things. anyway, welcome.

dsunshine
05-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Elizabeth!
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but relieved for you as well as you now have a name for everything you were going through. You came to the right place as I can say being farely new on this site myself that everyone on here is very comforting and welcome you with open arms no matter how you feel or what you say...someone can relate and they will share their stories/input with you as well.
I wish you good health and remission!