PDA

View Full Version : Flares & Periods???

red246
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Why does it seem that my flares tie in with my periods? Last summer when everything really started, my periods were all messed up - extremely late. I thought I was pregnant. Now again, running late - feeling nauseaus, well pretty much like you do in the beginning of a pregnancy, no energy, mental fog, etc.... I really can't handle this again, not right now. :hissyfit: We have to move & I really have to start packing.
Anybody else have this issue? BTW- I know I'm not pregnant, it would take a miracle w/only 1 ovary & tubes tied!

Also, don't know if this has anything to do w/this or not, I had my first bloody nose last night ever! Nose still feels wierd this morning, kinda swollenish (is that even a word?).

lucky7
04-30-2009, 02:44 PM
AWWW, HI Lauren! You're not alone!!! I too have the period problems! UGH! I go to my Gyno Monday so my hubby and i are going to ask her about stopping them. I flare at my WORST when i have PMS. Which can be all over the place these days! Talk to your Gyno, i have my tubes tied too so im in the same boat, its VERY hard to deal with i know. Sorry youre having to deal with it and move on top of it all. Just please TRY to get your rest during it all. It DOES help. Take a nap here and there when you can. I have ulcers in my nose so i can get some BAD nosebleeds too. I FEEL them in my nose and they can be MORE sensitive during PMS. I put an ointment mix of 1 part cortizone1% cream to one part neosporin. It helps alot. GOOD LUCK!!!!:cute:

wrightrs
04-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry you feel so bad. I can't help you with this at all. My ovaries shut down down at a really young age due to lupus. I hope things get better for you soon. I will be praying for you.

lucky7
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
AWWWW, So SOrry Wrightrs:no: sending you hugs cuz you deserve them for more than one reason :cute:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Angel Oliver
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Sending gentle hugs out to you and hope you feel better soon or ask the doc for some kind of help.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx

gina
05-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Sorry you feel bad. my flares also were tied into with my cycle. first they took me off bc and tied my tubes. after year that didnt work and sense of my age my ob decided just to take everything out i said ok at the time my husband convince him to leave ovaries. so now when my cycle is coming i am not nausea or get headaches or fatigue really bad just cranky. so i guess it help someway, but probably would be better if had nothing at all. talk to and obgyn and see what they say.
hope you feel better soon.

red246
05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I am feeling better today, got my "friend". Nowhere near as tired as yesterday! I was thinking this was going to be the beginning of a horrible flare, but doesn't seem that way. Thank God! Have to run and get dinner started - UGH!

Angel Oliver
05-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Ah well just take it slow and try and enjoy your dinner.Im sat waiting with my plate :) xxx

wrightrs
05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Hope things are getting better still praying.

MicRoMediC
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I also feel more fatigued around the time I ovulate and am on my period. Since I've been put on birth control, my periods have been controlled a little more and are regular and a lot lighter.

Ria0331
05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I can't say weather or not i get a flare up around that time cause i my periods are so off that I havn't had a period for over 2.5 yrs. I wish I could help tho and i'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

froggal
05-02-2009, 02:28 AM
I just had my uterus removed because it was causing me SO many problems that were associated with lupus. My doctors did quite a bit of research and one of them has had several lupus patients with the same problems. I am only into my recovery 1 week, but I can tell you one thing for sure . . . I know that it has helped! :yes:

goldieinpain
05-10-2009, 10:13 PM
it seems like on one ovary; i know thats wierd but, on the right side, its worse and i get fever, joint pain bad, and can't get out of bed

froggal
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
that does not surprise me at all. I would run high fevers, vomitting, body aches, and heavy bleeding. I know that sometime one ovary can make symptoms worse. My doc has said that it is because the one ovary is doing the work of two. I dont know if that helps at all, I would definately talk to the doc about taking lupron shots or something that will shut the ovary down part time.