PDA

View Full Version : HI from Stephh

stephanie2008
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone!!:laugh: i dont really know how to start this!!:unsure:
My name is Stephanie iam about to be 19 years old in may!! i was diagnosed with Lupus in March 2009. Iam really nervous abouth this i dont know who to talk to. My family is really supportive but i wanted someone who knows what iam going through.
I have to deal with so much. Work, College, Asthma and Lupus iam so worried everything i know is now falling apart. Hopefully i can cope with all this and pull thru!!!:laugh:

Angel Oliver
04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi and welcome Steph i am so glad you found us. Ask any questions and what one member can not answer another will come along and help you out.Everyone here are lovely and so very understanding.
You ask anything.I too have asthma and hope you have yours under control with meds and nebs.
You make yourself at home and have a look at our arcade and have fun.Also if you click on community,then social groups,more fun there.
Sending you gentle hugs
love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dsunshine
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Hello Steph!
Glad that you decided to join and look for support...you came to the right place! I have to say I felt and sometimes still fill like things I knew fell or fall apart and I blamed Lupus for it all. Things are getting better and they will get better for you. Just know you can and will beat this. You can still plan the life you want and not have the life Lupus has planned for you. No one has judgements on this site and as much as you may think you are alone or experience things no one else has all you have to do is write/vent about it and you will find that others have gone through the same things and will share their stories/experiences with you...you will find this comforting!

We are here for you so don't be shy!

Hope your doing and feelig good!

pamjw
04-29-2009, 01:31 PM
welcome!
Dealing with lupus can be hard. But it sure helps to have some support and know what others are going through. You came to a good place!
PAm

:yes:

mountaindreamer
04-30-2009, 05:07 AM
hi stephanie,

welcome to the group, you have found a great place to communicate with people who truly understand what you are going through.

we have several members who are young, still in school, and trying to start their adult lives....lupus changes things, but your life is not doomed. You just have to learn new ways to do things, and new ways to protect yourself from flares. There are some meds out there that provide many people with relief and enabling them to continue on with their lives.

did your dr. start you on and medications or treatment options. Most people start with Plaquenil. it takes several months for it to take full effect, but usually provides some relief from the symptoms.

hope you day is good today, and please keep in touch with us....we do understand, and are always here to help or to just listen.

gina
04-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Welcome to our site,
like everyone so far has said your in the right place.
we are here to help in anyway we can. there is always someone here that has the answers you need.
and everyone here to listen to you.

keep smileing it helps.:laugh:

ashleybaby715
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi stephanie!
nice to meet you!
im ashley and im 16 years old. i was diagnosed with lupus January 2009!
i would love to talk to you about this!!!

Hi everyone!!:laugh: i dont really know how to start this!!:unsure:
My name is Stephanie iam about to be 19 years old in may!! i was diagnosed with Lupus in March 2009. Iam really nervous abouth this i dont know who to talk to. My family is really supportive but i wanted someone who knows what iam going through.
I have to deal with so much. Work, College, Asthma and Lupus iam so worried everything i know is now falling apart. Hopefully i can cope with all this and pull thru!!!:laugh: