PDA

View Full Version : student life

Morpheus
06-03-2005, 02:24 AM
hi everyone, I'm in my final year at university, which is proving to very stressfull. I was hoping someone would have some tips to better manage my stress, lupus especially makes it even worse. On the sideeline i have to hold down a part-time job about 4 times a week.

pls help!!! :?: :?: :!:

hulagirl
06-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi. I am too a full time student. I went to the disabiliy services office at my school. They have some great tips, and services that they may offer you. If I am flaring and can' make it to school, they send someone to my classes to take notes for me. Things like that. Thought that might help.

madthumbs
06-04-2005, 05:22 AM
Research yourself a bit on b-vitamins. You'll want to know things like how they compete in your stomache for absorbtion (take a balanced all in one), how you can get withdrawal from them, etc. They're helpful in times of stress, and you lose them in those times as well.

Morpheus
06-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks 4 all the advice u guys, I've never really researched the my university's disabilty centre yet, but i will in future thanx.

As 4 the b vits i will certainly look further into that.

lo ts of thanx

peace and blessings

ChelleSands83
06-23-2005, 08:11 PM
This may sound cheesy, but for me setting a schedule helps. If you work part time, I assume your schedule can vary. I make a point to get up at the same time every day, go to sleep at the same time, etc. This also seems to help me to set a study time. Everyday, no matter how little or much homework I have, I set down and study. But only for an hour and a half. Then I take a break to watch a tv show for 30 minutes, then back to studying. Being in the habit of studying and the feeling of being prepared helps the stress factor alot, too.
Chelle

hatlady
06-25-2005, 10:57 AM
good replies all!

I work at a college, and agree with hulagirl that seeing the disability office is a great thing to do. THey should help you get through the rough times.

I also agree with the schedule - try to get your rest, it has to be hard if your'e in a dormitory, but do what you can to get a good night sleep every night.

Another thing - read some of the posts on dies. I encourage you to watch your diet carefully, eat lots of green, little if any meat, and drink lots of purified water.

Many hugs, and I hope the year goes quickly and successfully!