PDA

View Full Version : Throat swelling

MicRoMediC
04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
ok as if things aren't bad enough for me right now, I also have random upper airway swelling (almost like an anaphylatic reaction but it's slower). Does anybody else have this problem?

Angel Oliver
04-29-2009, 06:01 AM
I had it after a reaction to a med at christmas.Get checked straight away!! You may be allergic to something,a med,a food...something.You take care and get it checked.xxxxxxx

MicRoMediC
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I know I should. I usually use Epi sub-q or take a bunch of benadryl until the reaction slows and eventually revereses itself. I've had these airway swelling problems off and on for a long time. It's been almost 2 years since I had my last one. Last night I had one and almost went to the hospital. I didn't do anything different yesterday or come in contact with anything yesterday that I don't do normally. I didn't even eat anything that I haven't eaten before.
It's so frustrating! :hissyfit:

Angel Oliver
04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Go and get it checked.Sometimes it can be pollen,a new deodrant spray or an airfreshner. You need testing to know what you are allergic to. Then you can be controlled.
Ive had cats and dogs as pets from being a baby.Then last year...BANG!!! 5 asthma attacks every day.Some were so severe i needed urgent help.Lying down seemed to be a trigger.Then i got tested , fund out im allergic to cats,dogs,pollen,dust,housemite and something else i forgot.
Now im on the right meds and nearly fully under control again.It can happen to anyone at anytime.Also at christmas i was given Amitryipatine in a medicine form.As soon as i swallowed it my throat started closing.Id just come out of hospital that night.I panicked big time,but it did go back to normal.Theres an ingrediant that my body doesnt like,yet i can take the pill and i was ok but now get water infections so i stay away from it.
The reason why i say get checked is....one day it may swell so quick you'll black out.So be safe!! Hope you've had a good day today.
love
Angel.xxxxxxx

MicRoMediC
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah they checked me for hundreds of things with skin tests at the allergist. It's so frustrating! Next time I have a reaction, I probably will go to the ER and have them at least check my blood. Anyway thanks again.

lucky7
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Micromedic! I get swelling and redness in my upperairway too. They took pics not that long ago of my throat and WOW, i couldnt believe how red and swollen it was! My dr thinks it might be acid reflux but hes not sure. You should have your ENT take pics down your throat cuz they also can look for any lesions that could be contirbuting to the problem. My airway was so swollen one day that a chicken bone got caught in my throat! OUCH! It took 3 hours to make its way down! The drs at the ER kept me until it did cuz they wanted to make sure no tearing would occur in the process. Please get this checked,its just one more part of your body being effected that you need to be on top of! Good Luck!