PDA

View Full Version : What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Pages : [1] 2

rob
04-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been reading alot of good stories here lately. Some big-like a new baby, and some small-like being able to eat 3 square meals in a day for the first time in awhile. I like reading this stuff so much, I decided to start a new thread. What good thing happened to you today? It doesn't have to be something good that's happened just today, it can be anytime recently. Other than that, anything goes.

So, I'll get this started-

Friday night I went to a surprise party for my niece who just graduated from college. I had some food, and a couple of margarita's. Before I knew it, I was having fun, and for a few hours I forgot about Lupus. We got telling funny stories, and there were lots of good laughs. My sister called me the next day, and said it was like the old "life of the party" Rob made a guest appearance. It felt good to have fun, even if it was only for a short time.

Another good thing-

Sunday I drove to the store, and two things happened- I was able to roll my window down and enjoy the 70 degree spring air. And, I managed to go to the store and back, and not get lost! Lately, brain fog has been making my navigational skills somewhat questionable. Sometimes there's happiness in the simplest of things.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh what a great thread Rob.And so glad t read you were out enjying yourself,so fab!!!

On Friday i went for a meal with friends then went on to see a pop group Girls Aloud,was a fab night out,i so enjoyed it!!

Then today managed to get an appointment for when i wanted it without any hassle! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay...positive vibes are spreading...keep it up!!!!! :)

NoodleMom
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I went to the rheumy today and got this news: no new meds, no increase of current meds needed. I am free to do whatever it is that my heart desires as far as working out goes. No SHOTS in the bum!!!!

Kasey

AyahsClan
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
God sent me an angel today!!!!!!!

For the first time I found a wonderful woman willing to come clean my disgusting house for reasonable rates! My kitchen is CLEAN thank you Jesus! She is flexible too. I can call her anytime and tell her ok so I have this much money for you to work this many hours and she is cool with it.

Plus we had incredible conversation while she cleaned. She started out as a hard working farm girl on an Idaho ranch, to Beverly Hills, now struggling due to the economy. My mind is STARVED for conversation and I would pay just to have her company!

She also said she wants to barter for guitar lessons!

Ahhh this has been a wonderful day...

Thank You Rob, I'm so glad you had a great party!

DrinkofWtr
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
My good news is that I will be having access to someone elses class materials where I will be able to study their materials and learn something new. It will be nice because I like learning new things, and I will have something meaningful to do besides cleaning my apartment and running errands.

froggal
04-28-2009, 02:01 AM
I got to come home from the hospital today . . . and for the most part, surgery went pretty well!!!

gina
04-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Saturday nite had free tickets to orioles game took my oldest son and his girlfriend and my boyfriend. o's lost but it was a beautiful nite and i enjoy just watching the game even thou i am football fan.:laugh:

iseedeadmonkeys
04-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Cool what a "good feel thread" just what we all need right now :)

So glad you had a lovely evening Rob, i like to read about your upbeat stories!

Ok so this morning my mum txt me to say our holiday is booked for september, just me, my mum and dad and Norma going, from 14th september to 18th september (this year) we are going to Elvadon (sp?) forrest Centre Parcs...and i cant wait! im really looking forward to spending time with them as ive not been on holiday with them since i was 16! and more importantly i get to take Norma with me too (no kids inc hehe) has anyone been the Centre Parcs before?

Oh and i get to get rid of 2 kittens tmrw too :) i can sort of get my life back lol they too much for me to handle atm!.............And its Tuesday too and i woke up alive! so i thank god for that too.

Have a good day everyone
Love
ISDM
xxxx

Saysusie
04-28-2009, 10:30 AM
First ...ROB THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD :banana:

Like you, I love hearing good news from our members and I was so happy to hear that you were able to have a fun evening with your friends & family and that you were able, for a while, to forget about Lupus!!
I had to chuckle about you getting lost! That has happened to me so often. Especially when I am close to home. I panic when, suddenly, I don't recognize an intersection that is only blocks from my house. It is an awful feeling to be lost so close to home. So, my hubby purchased a GPS for me. So, no matter where I go, I always push "home" so that it can direct me back home. I have no shame, whatsoever, in using my GPS in my own neighborhood. It eliminates the panic that I've experienced prior to having it.

Anyway..this is supposed to be a thread about good things. So, here goes!
I came to WHL today and got to read so many posts about good things that have happened to members here. Reading these posts made me smile, brightened up my day and gave me a reason to forget about my pain today!
:8:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

wrightrs
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks this Rob. I'LL come back when I feel better. I will enjoy this.

Rastagirl
04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Adding another 'Thanks, Rob' to the bunch...this is a great 'pick me up' thread that is much needed. :yes:

I've been having some heartbreaking incidents with my daughter at school the past few weeks, so I had to dig deep to find something good right now.....

Here goes (although it seems a little silly after reading all the others).....

My husband took me out Sunday and got me a new cell phone...the fancy touch screen kind that has all the bells and whistles. I've gone years with just a basic cell I pretty much only use for contact with him and my kids. But I decided I wanted to join the 21st century and get texting. My kids have been bugging me for about 2 years...claiming they're the only teenagers on the planet without it. So I finally gave in. While we were at the AT&T store, we got unlimited texting for the whole family and we sent our kids a text telling them so. They were so excited when we got home, I nearly got knocked over at the door!

But the good news that came from this is that I was able to track down an old friend that lives in Florida by sending her a text. She texted me back, and now I've been sitting here all morning, still in my jammies, catching up on news with her. Pretty cool invention!

So I happily sit here going back and forth between this forum and my new 'text toy'....pondering whether I should now jump on Facebook and go for a technology extravaganza. :unsure:

Fondly...

Lori :cool2:

MicRoMediC
04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Nothing good in life is "silly". It's the little things in our lives that keep us sane. We like, (at least I like), to hear about the good things, big or small.

Like I posted in another thread, (and as Rob mentioned), I am finally able to eat three meals a day and my appetite is back after starting the Plaquenil. It's small, but again such a huge thing in my life.

So what I'm saying is, POST AWAY!!! :grouphug:

lucky7
04-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Youre GREAT Rob! WOO HOO to the power of the mind!

This is small but it matters to me:cute: I had friends tell me how important I am to them and that put the BIGGEST SMILE on my face:9:The feeling of knowing you can help the people you TRUELY CARE ABOUT!

Angel Oliver
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes Jeanette.....well said.....FRIEND!!! lots of love to you all.xxxxxxxxx

lucky7
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
LOVE and HUGS and KISSES my dear Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart: :hug: :kiss:

wrightrs
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Finally things picked up at husband job. Everybody hours has been cut drastically. A lot of days for a long time he was sent because of lack of work.
They also cut our heath ins. drastically, and it cost us more for a lot less.
A lot of workers at his company is still on lay-off.

But this week he worked a whole week plus overtime. Hope it means things are going to pick up. So his company will not have to close like so many others.

mnjodette
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Nice, thread, Rob...what a great idea!

Sun is shining, things are finally greening up, and I'm able to take a walk every morning...woo hoo!

Jody

Bonita
05-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Good thread Rob When i can spend a good day with my 2 youngest grandchildren 2&5 and enjoy the day that is great these will be the last two i will help to raise. But the down part is i went for extra blood work on Friday morning and by afternoon my rhumey called and told me to get off my Imuran right away my white blood count was 3.0 and the red count was very low so i go for more next week but that is life with lupus and so we enjoy the good with the bad. Bonita

AyahsClan
05-02-2009, 01:24 PM
::Ayah comes moping in::

::sighs::

Something weird happened which caused me to do some research on something about my past that caused to me to realize how wonderful my life really is, how making decisions based on love, ethics, mercy and self sacrifice will always result in good things.

It helped to put suffering in perspective. It made me thankful to God for having my beautiful sanctuary home, humble as it is. It is a gift I treasure. It made me realize that chronic illness is not the focus of my life, a curse, or even a hindrance to be the person I was created to be, and God has not forsaken me.

Today, these birds some of which I have not identified yet sing beautiful songs a few feet away from me, this is a good thing. They have made their nests by my window.

Today I was able to re-cover the peach tree netting that blew off in yesterdays wind, this too was a good thing. I was able to hula hoe a few more weeds and water my micro outdoor garden.

It happened to me because I was able to make it happen, always a good thing.

::smiling now::

::Salute to Rob::

SuperGiv
05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Well today I was bored today and went into Manchester and tol Oldham Street which is full of vintage shops and turned this vile creation (that cost me 1)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/SuperGiv/050209155941.jpg

and after some nifty needlework made this creation :D
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/SuperGiv/050309000358.jpg

which is like ones i've seen in Topshop for 40, and cost me 1. So cheered me up, because I've been a bit ill lately :( (and kept me busy)

Rastagirl
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Supergiv....that is so cute! I love it! :cute:

Hey you're good with the needle and thread. What a bargain.

So all in all, a good day...you chased away the boredom, saved some money, and made yourself a unique new outfit.

Nicely done!

Lori :cool2:

Angel Oliver
05-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow thats amazing! Wish i could sew and make my own dress.Well done...fab talent.
Oh Ayah,how lucky the birds chose your window to nest on....and to sing to you as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-03-2009, 05:30 AM
AAAAAhhhhhh WOW rob what a great thread love it love love it!!

have to say i fee like so much good has gone on lately small and big which are such great blessing to relieve the bad bits of life!!

so i'll start with the big one which some of you might have read in my prior thread i have now been dating a lovely man called harry for little over a month and everything is going great wonderful could ask for any more!!

secondly also something else to do with my lovely harry since meeting him he has help get on top of house work and repairs which has just made my life so much easier

thirdly i was very ill the other day terrible ulcers effecting my whole mouth teeth icluding and felt so blessed cause harry looked after me all night getting me meds, hot water bottles, drinks and checking on me was loevly first time any one done that since i moved out of home 10 years ago

fourthly friday was harrys birthday and the day before my brother and two of my uncles flew to florida to see my step mum so we had a lovely family day able to see my mum, brother, two nephews, niece, sister inlaw ( best friend, big siser rolled in to one!!) my unc john and unc mark who i haven't seen since feb!! and they all got along with harry fabulously and to top it of we had birthday cake!! and went to the local pub and had lovely evening with friends !!

fithly harrys got fishing with his mate so i had a lovely girly night in with my little sister and it we're all going to join uptogether for chilling night in tonight!!

so now i have dragged on how wonderful is i'll leave you some photos so you can see who harry is!! there is two of harry and i at 80s night at local pub and one of harry nad his son owen play game cube at ours!!

Angel Oliver
05-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Oh so nice Heidi when love is in the air!! You enjoy!! xxxx

mountaindreamer
05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
once again, rob comes through,

love the thread, we deal with so much, and we hurt so much for each other, it is heartwarming to read about the good things we each get to enjoy.

mine is weird, but it truly is a good thing. I have had to give myself heparin shots for the last week. I have to take two a day, and each one leaves a nice bruise on my belly.....yesterday, was my last one, and i was so proud of myself for finishing....i really wanted to quit earlier. I am still celebrating, and giggling at my poor belly that looks like one of Rob's punching bags.

happy days all.

SuperGiv
05-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Hehe looks like you had a good time heidi (can't beat 80's nights)! Good to know things are going well :D Although now I want to go down the pub lol.

lucky7
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey Supergiv, SEXY LEGS! WEWW WEWW!!!!! :thumbs-up:

lucky7
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
My Gynos thinking of which road to take to stop my periods!!! WOO HOO, now thats a GREAT DAY for me!!!!!! :071:

mountaindreamer
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
hey hey jeannette,

this news beats all so far....you are right, this is great news.

i tell everyone that i have made 2 decisions in my life that i never questioned, the first was to get a hysterectomy, and the second was to get wooden floors.

have a great one.

AyahsClan
05-04-2009, 01:43 PM
My good thing of the day is that I was able to take my mother out and we were not afraid of swine flu! We went to the Health food store and I got a bottle of my favorite ginger beer, vegan jerky and a bar of chocolate for a special treat!

It was nice to see people again! We been staying inside until I was sure it was safe since the information was so confusing about the flu so it felt extra special to get out. It is a beautiful day. Our 23 year old truck still has the best AC and it didn't give us any trouble up and down the hill. Good ol truck. The handles are melted lol..the speedometer arm is curled up, I have to reach through the window to open my door and God help you if you forget and put the key in the door because it will not come back out lol..

Another good thing is that even though it is getting warmer and I am in a mild flare the trip did not tear me up like it can. This was a great day!

lucky7
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
LOL Phyllis!!!! Youre too funny!!!!!! Only a woman would say those two things!!!!! LOL:laugh-floor:OMG, i want wooden floors too! Im jealous! Im working on Carl to do my kitchen!!!! I bow to you WOODEN FLOOR QUEEN!:notworthy:

mountaindreamer
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
hi jeannette,

whereas it is a true statement, i always get laughs whenever i share the story. Tell Carl he can do it, i put down wood floors in my bedroom, and never looked back.

how is your monday?

wrightrs
05-05-2009, 05:10 AM
hi jeannette,

whereas it is a true statement, i always get laughs whenever i share the story. Tell Carl he can do it, i put down wood floors in my bedroom, and never looked back.

how is your monday?

Love My Wood Floors Too !!!!

:8:;):thumbs-up::raspberry1:

wrightrs
05-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Finally learning how to do facebook !!!

rob
05-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm feeling pretty good today, so I'm going to mow the lawn for the first time this year. We had snow on the ground less than a month ago, and now I'm mowing the lawn. The rather unique geographical location and weather patterns in Maine make the seasonal changes happen very quickly. And the days go from very short to very long seemingly overnight. In the winter the sun starts to set at about 3:30 in the afternoon, and in the summer you can still see the last light of sunset at ten o'clock at night. Funny stuff. It's been 70 degrees and sunny for a week straight now-that's a very good thing!

BadFlareDay
05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I have an unusual good thing. I didn't feel like going to the store to pick up Mothers day cards so I gave Hubby the task. He came home with the most perfect card for me to send to my Mom. I don't even think I could have done it as well. TG4 my hubby!

lucky7
05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
AW MAN, Im the only one without a wood floor! LOL:grumpy: Hey Phyllis, maybe i should just hire you to do it for me! LOL Then i can get it done sooner! LOL:laugh: Shoot, you and Becky can do it together and then it will be even SOONER! LOL

YEAH ROB!!! Mow that lawn in the sun!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Let the sunshine in!!!!:banana: Im HAPPY for you!!!! The smell of the fresh cut grass will make you feel REALLY GOOD!!!

Too CUTE, you sent hubby to the store for the cards! And he DID GOOD!!! Thats so GREAT!!! Husbands usually have a hard time with those tasks! LOL:-)

wrightrs
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Found one of my cousins on facebook. We were so close when where young. Glad we can catch up some. I'm looking for old friends. But women are hard to find, when you only know their maiden name.

:fam21::smilecolros:;):8:

wrightrs
05-06-2009, 10:04 AM
AW MAN, Im the only one without a wood floor! LOL:grumpy: Hey Phyllis, maybe i should just hire you to do it for me! LOL Then i can get it done sooner! LOL:laugh: Shoot, you and Becky can do it together and then it will be even SOONER! LOL

YEAH ROB!!! Mow that lawn in the sun!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Let the sunshine in!!!!:banana: Im HAPPY for you!!!! The smell of the fresh cut grass will make you feel REALLY GOOD!!!

Too CUTE, you sent hubby to the store for the cards! And he DID GOOD!!! Thats so GREAT!!! Husbands usually have a hard time with those tasks! LOL:-)

I love my floor it makes it so easy to clean. Especially with a cat.

Silentscream
05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Daughter called me today to say hi, and she sounded happy. Greatest gift I can ask for.

Rastagirl
05-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Silentscream...

Just wanted to say I'm really happy to hear your good news. Your daughter, and you, have been through a tremendous struggle the past few months and I'm glad to know she has given you this wonderful gift today.

I hope that her happiness continues.... :veryhappy:

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

NoodleMom
05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I packed my suitcase today. I am actually going away for a long weekend with my hubbyMan. It has been a long time since we have gone away together without kids. Over eight years. I am very excited.

K

wrightrs
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I meet so many people with lupus on twitter and facebook. But hardly know anyone with lupus that lives close. When I go to LFA. local chapter. I meet people but don't know them outside of meetings.

Saysusie
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
NoodleMom;
I hope that you and your hubby have a beautiful weekend together. You so truly deserve it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
05-07-2009, 08:16 PM
kasey, hooray for away trips with hubby...have a great time.

silentscream, it was wonderful to see you enter the "good day" thread. I am so glad you daughter is doing ok and is happy...that is the greatest gift that a parent can get.

yesterday, i went to heart dr....healing nicely from surgery, then went to rheumy, she is exstatic about how well i am doing with methotrexate, she hugged me she was so excited that i feel good now. Then i went and got my hair colored, then drove down to one of the companies that i am responsible for, did a surprise inspection, spent the night at a great state park, and came home today....i have had two good days.

oh yeah, Jim and i are going to the beach this weekend....i am taking hats and long sleeves, but looking forward to getting away.

rob
05-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Daughter called me today to say hi, and she sounded happy. Greatest gift I can ask for.

Sometimes, the simplest things can carry so much weight. A small ray of sunshine really shines when all you've known is darkness. It's good to hear Silentscream.

lucky7
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
GOOD for YOU Phyllis! Im so gald your healing up nicely! WOO HOO!!!

How WONDERFUL Silentscream! Our children put a SMILE on our face, dont they:cute:

AWWW, how cool Becky!!! Your cousin!

I got my hair trimmed and it put me to sleep! LOL I didnt want it to end! My hairstylist laughed! Its a massage for your head AND BRAIN!! CAnt argue with that!! LOL:-)

lucky7
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Thats GREAT Kasey! Well deserved im sure!!!!! YOU have a GREAT time!!!:smlove2:

Tootles
05-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I am happy because I was able to work 2 full days in a row. That has not happened in months. Maybe I on an upswing!

Deb

Rastagirl
05-08-2009, 09:53 PM
That's awesome Deb! :fam21:

You must feel so good....2 full days in a row is worth celebrating.

I'm really happy for you and hope and pray that you're on an upswing that will last.

Here's hoping for many more good days to come..... :yes:

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

Saysusie
05-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I really, really, really love this thread:dance: It makes me want to jump with joy reading everyone's good news!!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
05-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Today i actually went out.Then after doing clothes shopping for my brother....i bought 2 new t shirts...80's style...white and bright colours.Then i ate a sandwich.Couldnt open my mouth wide enough so had to squash it flat....but oh it was tasty....Mmmmmm.Then came on here and saw all the good things happening to everyone.:yes:

Love
Angel.xxxx

lucky7
05-10-2009, 04:17 PM
AWWWW, you had to SQUASH it! Sounds so sad! :no: Im glad you got out though ANGLE!!!!! Thats nice your brother got some new things:cute: 80's is back isnt it!!! Too funny! I didnt keep any of my old stuff either! I bet you look GREAT in your new Ts!!!!! YOu go girl!!!

Angel Oliver
05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes Jeanette i couldnt believe it....leggings and leg warmers....tops half cut....bright orange is back......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i will look like a kid from FAME all over again...:) (Angel attempts a jump and split legs in mid air like the kids from fame used to do.......and she limps off) :) xx

MicRoMediC
05-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm at work today and it's a good day. I woke up pain free, headache free and full of energy. Of course the first call of the day was a car VS school bus...what a mess!?! My boyfriend and I took his mom to lunch yesterday for mother's day and it was great. The day before, we went to the water and had a great time on our jet skis! Thank goodness I don't have a hard time with the sun! It's been a great weekend and I'm so thankful for such a great boyfriend.

froggal
05-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I got out of the hospital AGAIN!! My body wasnt responding to the treatment for my staff infection, so I once again was in the hospital! I recieved platelets everyday I was there, so I got to go home yesterday evening(mothers day) and I am SO grateful to be here.

(Frog watches Angels "totally" awesome attempt at jumps from Fame :wideeyed:and then yells for micromedic . . . and runs to get an ice pack!!)

MicRoMediC
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
(frog watches angels "totally" awesome attempt at jumps from fame :wideeyed:and then yells for micromedic . . . And runs to get an ice pack!!)

so totally cute!!

Angel Oliver
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Angel tells Froggal n Micro to close their eyes......as Angel puts the ice pack on an embarrassing place :)

Hey welcome back.....so glad the hospital looked after you and you got home in time for mothersday.Hope today you feel good too.

Love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxx

wrightrs
05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Got my favorite ice cream. Blue Bell cookie dough. I love it. Takes your mind off lupus.

Angel Oliver
05-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Angel looks pitiful and mouth waters....she holds out her hand in hope :) x

sick n tired
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I was able to take a shower and blow dry my hair, today.by myself!!!!..I was tired after, but I didn't have to go to bed right away and was able to spend some of the day with my son, who is about to graduate high school...every day I have been getting a little bit stronger...

Rob...good idea...it is nice to read and feel good for everyone.

lucky7
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
My good thing today is that i can get on the site for a little bit to visit with my friends!!!!!! Ive been off for a few days cuz i pushed the gardening and along with the PMS last week i had a double whamy! Im ENJOYING my freshly planted flowers though!!! The flareing for a few days was worth it when i look outside!!!! :cute: Carl told me not to push it next time, well, ok, ill limit my gardening, i PROMISE. LOL

froggal
05-16-2009, 01:16 AM
I am out of bed today!!! Tomorrow I might get to go see the new Star Trek movie!!! Yay!!! :laugh:

ButterflyRN
05-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Yesterday I had a good day finally! I was able to get out and walk around for hours and not feel like I was a 30 year old going on 90!!!! It was great. Now if only today will produce the same effect, or at least close to it!!!!

mountaindreamer
05-16-2009, 08:27 AM
yesterday, my grandkids came over. We ordered pizza delivery and watched "beverly hills chiauwawa" - spelling is horrible, but i have no idea how to spell that kind of dog. we had a blast, with lots of laughs.

today i have not made it out of bed, but hope afternoon will be better.

lucky7
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, my flowers are blooming and my kids and i LAUGHED together today:cute:

mountaindreamer
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
hooray for jeannette,

laughter with your kids is the first step to "IM BACK". ha ha ha

lucky7
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes it is my SWEET Phyllis! You're so good at making me smile!:cute:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-19-2009, 03:34 AM
my good thing has really spanned over last few days and comes off a bad thing unfortunatley i became single again friday night but off that i have really had my friends rally around me including janey (ISDM) and normsy (stoney) who i am very thankful i coudln't of coped the last few days with out them and love them loads xxx

mountaindreamer
05-19-2009, 04:24 AM
hi heidi,

so sorry that you are having to deal with the breakup of your relationship...this is a tough time, but thank goodness for friends. You hang in there, and take care of yourself.

NoodleMom
05-19-2009, 05:06 AM
I got to spend quality time with my 12y/o. We spent the evening preparing the garden bed for sunflowers, tomatoes and strawberries. He did all the hard work and I showed or explained what needed to be done. We now have a beautiful garden bed and soon we,ll have tomatoes and strawbeeries to eat and pretty sunflowers to look at. It was good.:yes:

Oluwa
05-19-2009, 05:35 AM
This morning...watching a banker in Spokane, WA on a Good Morning America clip saved the twelve ducklings from his building's entrance roof top from certain death as the mother duck called them down to leave the nest permanently. He caught them as they jumped so they wouldn't land on the sidewalk..one by one like catching a softball. The mother duck waited as he caught them...

Together, the banker and the mother duck led the babies to water. Protecting them as they waddle behind their mother because a city-wide parade was scheduled to pass by in just a few hours.

He is now called the Duck Man.

I cried crocodile tears with happy..I feel wonderful inside, I love happy, joy, joy tears...that is what happened good to me thus far, a feeling and the day has just started.

Oodles of love and hugs...everyone.
Oluwa

brandichi
05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
What beautiful stories here!

Today I woke up feeling great! I expected to be sore since I mowed the front and back lawn after working all day and going to the dentist after that, but I felt happy, energetic, and ready for the beautiful day.

I watched my students practicing a Scottish dance they are performing in a few weeks, saw how hard they were trying, and it reminded me to keep trying every day to do as much as I can, within the realistic limits I have.

I took the kids out to recess just before dismissal. I sat there, in my long sleeves, big hat, sunglasses, but loved every minute of it.

A former student came to visit me, along with two buddies. He's struggling and even though he hasn't been my student for two years, he feels secure enough to see me and admit he's failing. I reassured him that I am here for him always, and will do whatever I can to help. I realized today that I do make a difference. It's not about me having lupus and being stuck in reacting to that; it's about living a life that matters, and enjoying every moment that I can.

lucky7
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
OMG Oluwa!!! I saw the same story!!! i walked away feeling SO GOOD!!!!! That was the SWEETEST story in the news in along time!!!! I loved watching him catch them! How dang CUTE was that!!!!!

AWWW< Heidi, you are strong and you WILL make it through this. XXXXXXX

lucky7
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
AWWW, thats a nice story Cheryl! :cute: Just another example of how teachers who REALLY CARE go above and beyond! Thank you!

WOW Kasey!!! Sounds yummy!!! Nothing like fresh produce from your own back yard!!!!!

lucky7
05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I was in the store today and as i was walking out i saw a table set up of pictures of dogs! I stopped, of course being the dog lover that i am, and they were raising money for a childrens charity. You put money in the bucket of the dog you want to vote for. One of the dogs names was Daisy:cute: For those of you who dont know, our sweet Angel experienced the loss of her precious baby (doggy),Daisy, not that long ago:no: This to me was a sign that Daisy was telling me to let Angel know Shes Happy and is OK. I of course put in $4.oo for her vote! I walked away smileing

WE LOVE YOU AMANDA and DAISY:heart::angelic:

froggal
05-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I also saw the duck story and cried!! Apparently, this is the second year that the mom duck had babies in the same place!! It was so adorable how he cleared the way for them as she took them to the water! I bawled like a baby! It made me feel so good! AM I A LOSER? That is pretty cool jeanette!

Oluwa
05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
If you are a loser, than what am I ..a loser? No we aren't, Froggal.

Happy tears.

Love,
Oluwa

froggal
05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Oluwa! It was such a touching story. It is REALLY nice to know that people still take the time to care!

Saysusie
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Oluwa;
I did not see that story, but it still moved me. I can picture him standing there catching each baby duckling. How sweet!

I have a somewhat similar story:

Where we live, we have a private lake which means, lots of ducks. We are in a closed community with our own security patrol. Anyway, apparently a mother duck was taking her ducklings for a walk. However, she was walking them down the meridian of the main street in our community - towards the lake. Following along with her was our private security patrol car. He was creeping along beside her and her ducklings as they marched along the meridian. Each time that any of them would get off of the meridian on to the street, he'd get out of his car and shoo them back on to the meridian. He followed that mother duck and her ducklings all the way back to the lake!
What was also funny was that the traffic on that street, which is usually rip roaring at about 55-60 mph, was so backed up and slow..but no one was upset. Everyone was creeping along, allowing the security patrol officer to protect this mother and her ducklings and escort them back to the lake!
Several people took pictures and the story made the newspaper the next day!
It never fails to amaze me that there is SO MUCH goodness and caring in people. Stories like these renews my faith in the goodness of people!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

froggal
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
I agree Susie . . . I think that is why I was so taken back when I saw the story. I was SO happy to see that there really are still people out there who care enough to show it! Somewhat of a pay-it-forward. I had an awesome thing happen to me today . . . I saw Star Trek!!! (FINALLY) It was SO awesome!!! :dance:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
its such a great story actually made the new over here across the pond too bless there are some caring people out there!!!

lucky7
05-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I LOVE THAT STORY TOO SAYSUSIE!!!!! WOO HOO to the people out there with HEARTS!!!!!!!:borladuck::heart:

lucky7
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
My husband surprised me and he came home early today with my favorite marinated barbecue chicken to put on the grill for me:cute: We ate and he layed down with me and we watched some of our favorite TV together!

Rastagirl
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Aww...I'm jealous, Lucky....

One....you got to use the cute little :borladuck: smiley. I've been wondering how and when that one would fit in this forum.

And two...you got yummy BBQ chicken made just for you by your sweetie. :heart:

I'm very happy to hear you were treated special by the one you LOVE...sounds romantic....laying together watching fav shows.

I'm happy for you... :veryhappy:

Lori

Pretti in Pink
05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
I passed STATS--- with a B--- so that is two good things that happened to me. I am so so so so happy, this has been my hardest semster ever and escpecially after being diagnosed. I thought about giving up because some days I just didn't have it in me, but that was my last class to earn my MASTERS and that was a challenge that I wanted to conquer. I DID and I thank GOD for giving me the strength to endure.

To everyone that feels like giving up, no matter what it is, please let this testimony be encouragment to you to pray for strength and keep reaching for your goal.

I'll be chatting more now that I have more free time and have some life in me.

lucky7
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
AWWWWW, THANK YOU LORI!!!!! You're sweet!!!

GOOD FOR YOU Pretti in pink!!! WOO HOO!!!! Thats something to celebrate!!:arms:

Rastagirl
06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
What good thing happened to me today????

The LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for my kids, that's what!

It is now officially, Summer Vacation!! :6:

Therefore, I WILL be sleeping in tomorrow morning....as late as I want.....

And here are some things I WILL NOT be doing....

#1...no sack lunches will be made

#2...no laundry tonight...as I don't really care if anyone in my family has clean clothes....if they don't, they can just stay in the house all day

#3...no breakfast will be made by my hands....if my family wants to eat something before noon....they will be making it themselves

#4...I will not be searching for lost shoes, lost homework, lost P.E. clothes, or LOST anything for that matter

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY ON VACATION..... :beerchug:

Rastagirl :grin69:

SandyR
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
what a great thread! Rastagirl - I don't have kids but I have taught before and I know what a great feeling that first day of summer vaca is. I hope you get all the peaceful sleep you desire!

My good thing for today is that I was able to cook dinner, something that is just too tiring when I am not feeling well. Double bonus - it was even healthy! I made pasta primevera w/whole wheat pasta. Triple bonus - I now have my lunch for tomorrow. Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Rastagirl
06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
what a great thread! Rastagirl - I don't have kids but I have taught before and I know what a great feeling that first day of summer vaca is. I hope you get all the peaceful sleep you desire!

My good thing for today is that I was able to cook dinner, something that is just too tiring when I am not feeling well. Double bonus - it was even healthy! I made pasta primevera w/whole wheat pasta. Triple bonus - I now have my lunch for tomorrow. Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Ahhhh nice....a triple bonus Good Day. So happy for you.

It definitely feels good to accomplish things as simple as a hearty, healthy meal....when you've known the struggles of Lupus. We certainly learn to appreciate the little things....when we've dealt with the big ones.

Enjoy your leftovers! :yumyum:

p.s. I got to sleep in till 10:00 this morning....felt soooo good!

Leksie
06-18-2009, 06:16 AM
My nephew was born! and he is healthy and very handsome. 5lbs 8oz 18 1/2inches. His name is NeShawn. I am soooo happy for my brother this is his first baby and it is a boy! He took pictures in his first Lakers outfit of many to come I'm sure. Bitter sweet memories...

Rastagirl
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Ahhh....A BIG CONGRATULATIONS Auntie Leksie..... :fam21:

What joy! A new baby to LOVE....:heart:

Welcome to the world, NeShawn!

May you have a long and happy life.

(wow, my son was exactly the same size...5 lbs. 8 oz. and 18-1/2 inches, and now he's 16 and 5' 8.)

Congratulations to your Brother and NeShawn's Mommy....I'll bet this will be one very special Father's Day for all of them.

with Love,

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
hay guess what i got new nephew too conner timothy ( in honour of my dad) brothers 6lbs 13ozs born 18 june 2009 9:34pm after 6 and half hours labour first child for my brother girlfriend and no pain relief!!! just shocking !!! lol
soo here pic guys!!! soo with this nad finally finishing my exams i had fab day!!!woop woop!!!

Angel Oliver
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Congratulations both of you....ahhhhhh so cute.

Well yesrterday i went to the charity shop as i needed a new set of drawers for my clothes,underwear.I have so much they have sat in a bag. So as i went in they told me NO they had none.I noticed an old couple follow me out and they told me they had one,would i like it ....oh wow i said yes .
It was delivered and its so fab!! Its the old style dark wood,very tall with 5 drawers.There is a secret compartment at the top.It lifts up and wow there i have all my hair stuff and its got a huge mirror.But when its down,it just looks like a normal set of drawers...but its a place now where i can do my hair n makeup.

I sent them a thankyou card and she rang me today.She was offering me a tall stool.But i was so thankful i coul'nt say yes.

Just thought id share.....how kind these strangers were to me.

Like a few weeks ago,i got a beautiful gift from a friend too.I was overwhelmed with happiness.

ah.....so lovely.:yes:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rastagirl
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
hay guess what i got new nephew too conner timothy ( in honour of my dad) brothers 6lbs 13ozs born 18 june 2009 9:34pm after 6 and half hours labour first child for my brother girlfriend and no pain relief!!! just shocking !!! lol
soo here pic guys!!! soo with this nad finally finishing my exams i had fab day!!!woop woop!!!

Ahhh...CONGRATULATIONS AUNTIE HEIDI....he's absolutely beautiful!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD.... CONNOR TIMOTHY BROTHERS

:fam21:

May your life be long and filled with happiness and all good things.

What a wonderful namesake for your Dad...He'd be so proud.

Congratulations to Connor's Daddy and Mommy...they must be on top of the world right now.

And Connor....your Mommy is one tough Lady...no pain meds...that deserves commending.

I did that with my second born, my daughter....though not by choice....and I screamed like a freakin' banshee. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing your happy news....I wish you many hours of fun Auntie duties.

Please be sure to tell your Brother, 'Happy 1st Father's Day' from me next week....isn't it next week in the UK?

Glad your exams are over and you survived everything....way to go for all the hard work, Heidi....now, time to let loose and celebrate :beerchug:
much Love,

Rastagirl
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Congratulations both of you....ahhhhhh so cute.

Well yesrterday i went to the charity shop as i needed a new set of drawers for my clothes,underwear.I have so much they have sat in a bag. So as i went in they told me NO they had none.I noticed an old couple follow me out and they told me they had one,would i like it ....oh wow i said yes .
It was delivered and its so fab!! Its the old style dark wood,very tall with 5 drawers.There is a secret compartment at the top.It lifts up and wow there i have all my hair stuff and its got a huge mirror.But when its down,it just looks like a normal set of drawers...but its a place now where i can do my hair n makeup.

I sent them a thankyou card and she rang me today.She was offering me a tall stool.But i was so thankful i coul'nt say yes.

Just thought id share.....how kind these strangers were to me.

Like a few weeks ago,i got a beautiful gift from a friend too.I was overwhelmed with happiness.

ah.....so lovely.:yes:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Angel...

What fun news !!! Oftentimes, we are placed in the exact right place at the right moment to experience some wonderful things in life.

Sounds like that's what happened to you. How sweet of the couple to offer this to you. I'm really happy for you...what a wonderful gift....a new dresser and it sounds beautiful.

Now you have a proper place for your clothes, especially your undies :) which, in my opinion, is just the thing for us ladies. And an added plus....a special place for fixing your hair and makeup each day. What fun that will be!! :yes:

Must feel like Christmas at your house...and all for you. Well, you deserve it if anyone does. I think of all the extra tough times you've been going through lately and this seems a fitting reward for all the pain and difficulties you've had.

I'm really happy for you...no one deserves it more.

Hugs,

p.s. I'd love to see it...can you post a picture?

Danica01
06-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Today I was finally able to get on a computer and reconnect with my friends on this site. During such a rough time in my life good things seem scarce but I still hang on to the hope that I have. A lot of my hope comes from inspiration I found here. I am happy to be back and hopefully I will not have to away so long next time. I have missed you all!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-20-2009, 02:05 AM
thanks rasta yes its fathers day this sunday!!! and from i understand she did not have any choice either she dilated 3cm in one hour and having no experierience of dilating well not in that way any ways lmao :-) normally me eyes after to much alcohol!! lol i hear its normally 1cm in one hour!!! but i wll give them you congrat hoping to see baby soon have brought a few things and doing some winnie the poo painting for his room
i thought you might find the bibs i brought funny they say;
" i have more hair than my daddy " and if you look throu my family album its not hard lol
" i drink till i fall a sleep just like my daddy " which again if you been around my brother or me for thats inncidents is very true!! lol
" don't look at me that smell came from my daddy " well it just says it all lol
and i di buy one i thought mummy would like saying " no body puts baby in the corner " hehe can you tell i'm a dirty dancing fan!!!

oh danica well back glad you are here!!!! xxx

Angel Oliver
06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Ahh thanks so much Lori,but im nothing special,others like you are going through just as much too.But i do love my dresser.I'll take a photo and post it to my profile.Now my knickers are hidden :) n not on show lol.

Danica....oh you've been missed so much.I thought of you often and sent you good thoughts in hope you were coping....and now you are back...its such a happy day for us all.

Lots of love to everyone who has had a good day.
Amanda.xxxxxx

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
WOW, i am really behind here.

first, welcome back Danica....sorry about all of your obstacles, but i am so glad that you are back....yes, this is a very special family.

TWO new babies.....what a wonderful world this is....the birth of a baby just brings lightness to the heart. Congrats to both Heidi and Leksie, enjoy loving those precious lives.

Angel,,,,are you kidding me? You are the most deserving person that i know....you face the worst but yet offer all of us the best....so glad that you got some kindness of the strangers with the tall chest.....mmmmm, makes me wonder which angel in your life made this happen for you.

Lori, what can i say....you are the funniest and kindest person that i have ever had the honor of having as a friend.

hope everyone is having a great father's day.

Angel Oliver
06-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Ah phyllis,so kind ....must have been an archangel i reckon.xxxx

Oh look...post number 100 you hit the jackpot there!! xx

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
angel,

you lost me on the post # 100....i love any reason to celebrate, so please explain what i am celebrating....

Angel Oliver
06-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I logged back in as i saw your message lol....on the right top of each post is a number....you got post number 100 in the good things that happened to you today thread.Yipeeeeeee.xxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 04:42 PM
ah, now i see.

wow, must be a really good thread. I really enjoy sharing with every one, and this is the perfect place.

Danica01
06-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Today was a great day because I was able to talk to my dad for a few minutes. I was able to tell him how much I miss him and love him and just hearing his voice makes me smile.......HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

:071:

SandyR
06-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Today's good thing: I broke down and went to the doctor to take care of this psoriatic rash that has been plaguing my eyes the last few weeks and got a prescription to start healing.
This weekend's good thing: My oldest niece graduated high school this past Friday and I was able to be there (a 2 hour drive each way). I enjoyed my time with my family and the bonus was that I even got a chance to stop by dad's and spend Father's Day with him.

DrinkofWtr
06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
After waiting for three months, my boyfriend finally gets to see today the Occupation Therapist for his Carpal Tunnel.

Delphinia981
06-23-2009, 10:00 AM
My good thing was making cookies with my daughter, even though my RA is in full swing and my hands are a hot mess. I can rest later. :)

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
hi carrie, making cookies with that precious little daughter....that is worth dealing with the pain and resting later.

drinkofwtr....so glad your boyfriend is getting some attention for his injuries. Keep us posted.

danica and sandy.....so glad you got to visit with your dads.

red246
06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Good thing for today, my second oldest daughter graduates high school in a little under an hour. 2 down, 2 to go! :laugh::hissyfit: And yes, as I'm sure all you other parents know, I'm happy & sad at the same time!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-23-2009, 02:14 PM
well most of you know another member of family wass born the other day connor timothy brothers well my good thing of the day is i got some more photos which are so precious as not been able to see him in real life so i thought i would shar my joy with you and show you some more :-)

just so you know hairs monster in photos is my brother the dad xxx

SandyR
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Heidi,

He is beautiful! I especially like the one where he is trying to cram all his little fingers into his little mouth. How sweet! Congratulations!
Sandy

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 04:03 PM
what a beautiful baby....congrats heidi.

Rastagirl
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Awww Heidi....he's a beaut! :yes: You must be in LOVE! :heart:
Oh, btw....I love the hilarious bibs you got him.

Congratulations again......

Your brother looks soooo much like your Dad....same exact smile!

Does he know you posted that hairy pic of him? :laugh2:

You are one lucky Aunt!

Hugs,

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:25 PM
AWWWWW,, how beautiful Heidi!!!!!! COngrats!!!!!!!! :cute:

Danica01
06-23-2009, 04:28 PM
He is beautiful!!! Seeing those pictures was the best thing to happen to me today!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

:angelic:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-24-2009, 01:48 AM
ahh thanks guys i am deffo one of those aunties that spoil my nephews and niece as much as i possibly can i love children and look forward to and hope for the day that i have my own!!
thanks lori yer they liked the bibs to my brothers gf said i know my brother so well lol
yer and tony my brother know i posted all the photos on here he not bothers by the fur his knick name for years has been chubacca ( don't know if that spelt right the furry bloke of star wars!!) lol
and yes isn't it funny he looks like my dad and has soo many of his characteristics but yet he not blood related my dad brought him up from age of 2 and treated him as his own i think thats one of the reasons they had such a great bond tony was the son he never had and tonys bilogical dad didn't want to know but dad made that effort with him one of those special things about my dad i only fdound out when i was 11 that we were only half brother and sister but that means nothnig to me hes my brother all of him and i love him to pieces i don't know what we would of done if we didn't have each other throw everything we been through he loved my dad so much took his name on when he was old enough to change it him self and the middle name of his second son is dads first name, soo you know what i have good thing every day i have my brother in my life!!!
ok so now i have made myslef cry with emotion gone go thanks again guys xx

mountaindreamer
06-24-2009, 04:30 AM
hi heidi,

what a special man your dad is.....he had enough love to share and your brother was so fortunate to have him. Sounds like you and Tony as especially close, and what a comfort to know that you will always have him by your side.

congrats again on the little one.....so cute.

lucky7
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I went to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning and my bodies doing GREAT in that area (for the time being)!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Ill take it while i can!!!!:yes: I took my son Jake too for his visit and he also has a GREAT bill of health!!! Knock on wood, my children and i have NEVER had a cavity in our lives!!!! WOO HOO!!! Murphys law, we all will get one now!! LOL

No soda and LOTS of WATER daily helps, so hey everyone, carry your water with you everywhere you go!!!!! I have a SPECIAL cup just for my water and it goes EVERYWHERE with me! My kids picked up the same habit too!!!!:fing02: Hey, at least i did SOMETHING right! LOL

kducks
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I got a early birthday present today from one of my co-workers. She gave me a pot of yellow daisies to take home to add to my plant collection. They are so pretty, they will look great on my porch with my other plants. :cute:

lucky7
06-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh Kducks, thats WONDERFUL!!!! I LOVE YELLOW DAISIES!!!! I have a TON in my back yard!!!!! My color scheme this year is YELLOW, BRIGHT PINK and WHITE!!!! I LOVE BRIGHT colors!!!!!! Good for you hun!!!! I say its the simple things that TRUELY MATTER!!!!!!:yes:

SandyR
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
the sun was out, it was warm and I got to wear shorts. It's been so cold, wet and rainy here the last month that sweats, umbrellas, jackets and long sleeves have been much more common. I love, love, love the summer so that is why this is a good thing that happened to me today.

Danica01
06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Tim had a wonderful friend of his come into town for the weekend. They are going to mountain bike through out the entire state of Arizona!!!! They are starting tomorrow in Phoenix, then up to Sedona and finishing in Flagstaff :shocked: Yes, they are bypassing Tucson and heading north pretty fast because the temps here in Phoenix and south of Phoenix will all be 107 and up..................so, on ward north!!!!!! Woooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
so my good thing great thing on this sad day is my brother came over and got to have lots of cuddles with my new nephew connor timothy brothers here some photos!!!
1. connor and myself
2.connor in his push chair that pushed to school tro meet his older brother, sister and cousin
3.all the terrors his older brother harry holding him his older sister to the left of the screen and his cousin anth to the right
4.so this is me with all my nephew and niece
5.my last hold before he went home :no:

iseedeadmonkeys
06-26-2009, 02:48 PM
right well it was last night but i was away so i can do it here now......:yes:

I stayed at my fiance's house last night, and whilst i was catching up on WHL she was arranging a little suprise for me....

She layed out a blanket, put candles lit around the room, she had a little picnic set out of strawberries and cream, baileys/pepsimax and she put on Ghost and then during the movie she gave me this beautiful necklace its got two floating hearts hanging off each other, she got one the same hers is gold mine is silver or whilte gold cant really work it out, anyway is was really romantic, and i just wanted to share this all with you as it made my week following from saturday when i preposed to her.

Peace out fellow lupies

ISDM
xxx

p.s just found out it is white gold........i feel like a lucky girl right now

Angel Oliver
06-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Hang on im getting my tissues for this post.......:hissyfit: so romantic....fiance.....strawberries.....ghost...ne cklace.....OMG thats the most romantic night ever Jane.....you so deserve all this attention and such happiness.....so happy for you...:hissyfit: so happy.xxxxxxxxxxx

kducks
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
so my good thing great thing on this sad day is my brother came over and got to have lots of cuddles with my new nephew connor timothy brothers here some photos!!!
1. connor and myself
2.connor in his push chair that pushed to school tro meet his older brother, sister and cousin
3.all the terrors his older brother harry holding him his older sister to the left of the screen and his cousin anth to the right
4.so this is me with all my nephew and niece
5.my last hold before he went home :no:

So cute! I just love cuddling with babies when they are so little! I have three nephews I adore too. Gotta love getting your baby fix through the nephews and then being able to send them home so you can sleep...lol.

Danica01
06-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I was able to wish my grandma happy birthday yesterday and was able to call her back today just to make sure she had a wonderful day today too! She was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I am not sure how many more years I will have her with me so I want to love her as much as I can :angelic:

MicRoMediC
06-29-2009, 08:55 AM
So the other day I was handing out purple lupus support bracelets that say 'someone you know has lupus' on them and has a butterfly on it to all my friends that wanted to support me. Keith, my boyfriend, turned around and said 'where's mine?' I about fell over. I said 'are you serious? You'd wear a purple bracelet for me?' He said, 'for you, I'd do anything.' I knew in that moment that I'll be with him forever. So he now wears a purple bracelet.:cute: He's so freaking amazing. Anyway, this came at a great time cuz I'm still in a huge flare and don't have a lot of energy to do a lot and have so much going on in my life.

Delphinia981
06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
So the other day I was handing out purple lupus support bracelets that say 'someone you know has lupus' on them and has a butterfly on it to all my friends that wanted to support me. Keith, my boyfriend, turned around and said 'where's mine?' I about fell over. I said 'are you serious? You'd wear a purple bracelet for me?' He said, 'for you, I'd do anything.' I knew in that moment that I'll be with him forever. So he now wears a purple bracelet.:cute: He's so freaking amazing. Anyway, this came at a great time cuz I'm still in a huge flare and don't have a lot of energy to do a lot and have so much going on in my life.

That is AWESOME!!!!

Today, I'm taking Annie to the (indoor) pool. I tried the outside pool yesterday...here's a pic:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs089.snc1/5081_96571613300_677728300_2101429_5925066_n.jpg

Can you spot the Lupus patient?? :cute:

I was covered up as much as possible, 70SPF on...I was rocking it, but I still want to keep my exposure to a minimum. BUT...I am still going. Today will be a good day because I will fight enough to make it so.

MicRoMediC
06-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Aww Carrie that's awesome. She's so beautiful!

rob
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Today, I saw my nephew go back to work after suffering a serious accident 6 weeks ago. He nearly severed 3 toes on his right foot after an accident with a lawnmower. He's on crutches and has a long road of rehab and therapy ahead, but he's active, working, and doing well. By some miracle, the major nerves and tendons to the toes were not cut, and they were abe to re-attach the toes, so the outlook is excellent. I saw a picture and X-ray of the injury and I honestly thought, as did the surgeons, that they would have to partially amputate much of the foot. He's a talented athlete and plays college basketball, and it looks like he will indeed be able to play again in a year or so. We are all very, very thankful, as this could have turned out far worse than it did. He's a tough kid.

Rob

Rastagirl
06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
All this happy news has me looking for the tissues too...like Angel. This is the greatest thread....it's a wonderful place to come and find the good in each other's days, and I find myself always looking forward to it.

I am celebrating with all of you....so many good things....:yes:

Heidi...you made my day with the lovely pics of you and your nephew and family. He's beautiful....and you are as well....

Jane...you have found a keeper in Norma. She really outdid herself with the lovely romantic evening. What a special way to spend your evening...with the one you Love....

Samantha...You are truly Loved...what a lucky woman you are....your boyfriend is the best....

Carrie...you go girl! Hope you and your Annie have a wonderful time at the indoor pool....

Danica....so happy to hear that your Grandma celebrated another birthday...and she was able to receive your Love and good wishes...

Rob...I am amazed by your nephew....his strength and courage are inspiring...as well as his healing powers. Some of that MUST come from the family that surrounds him with Love and supports him....I'm truly glad to know this turned out so well....

I've only a quick minute cuz I'm busy and on the run....

My good news today is that my son, Jordan, is leaving tomorrow for his exchange trip to Japan. I've shared this with some of you already, but I thought I'd share it here, so everyone will know why I haven't been around here much the last week. I am so thankful for the support that many of my friends on this site have given me over the last few weeks. This is a difficult time for me getting ready to send my son over 5,000 miles away....and for 3 weeks....the longest he's ever been away from me. But with help from your encouraging words and positive thoughts, I am ready to let go and send him on his way to the adventure of a lifetime. He's so excited he can hardly stand it. His bags are almost packed, his passport sits ready....and he can't wait to finally get to use the Japanese he's been studying for the past three years.

We bought him a memory card for his camera that holds over 2,000 pictures....and I told him he better come home with it full... :yup: I want to see everything.

Much Love n Hugs.... :heart:

MicRoMediC
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Aww Lori! The three weeks will be so quick you won't even know it. You can occupy yourself on here! LOL. It will be a great experience for him.

Bonita
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Every day God gives me is a good day even the painfull ones. I always enjoy spending time with my grandkids. Have a happy day and God Bless all of You. Bonita

Spanglishqueen
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
In trying to keep exercising I joined a Roller Derby Team (I'm going on my 4th practice) and my good friends told me that they knew I was a "tough chic". They will never truly know how much hearing those two little words meant to me.

Danica01
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh Rastagirl................you nailed it all on he head and YOU had me reaching for a tissue :cry4: I love hearing everyone's highs for the day. My sister does this high low thing every day. She will tell you her high and she will tell you her low. It so warming to hear her highs because they always concern someone else. So....................my wonderful thing today was I got to hold a 6 week old baby boy named Logan!!!!! I used to work as an auditor with his mom and I really can not go and work in an office due to the germs right now so, I am going to watch her little one!!!!!!!! Today was my first day and he was so wonderful! I am blessed to have the trust of my friend and snuggles from a baby :angelic:

mountaindreamer
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
wow, i have been away for a couple of days, and look at everything that i missed

heidi, what a beautiful little addition to your family. You are a natural.

Jane and Norma....what a beautiful night you enjoyed, thanks for sharing with us....i love romance.

samantha....your story of the purple bracelet and your guy brought a smile to me...he is certainly a hero, and i am so glad that you have each other.

Carrie, i see the lupus patient all covered up, but i also a see a little angel that loves every inch of her mother.....enjoy those hugs/.

Danica, grandmothers are precious gifts. Enjoy every day that you can while she remembers, and when she doesn't remember, just love her a little more.

Rob, i am so sorry to hear about your nephew....what a fine young man he must be....i am so glad that he will be able to continue his life.

Lori, i know what it feels like to watch your child go off and to become self-responsible....it is so very frightening. But don't worry my friend, i am completely sure that he has learned from your examples, and that he will succeed at this and future endeavors.....it is so tough watching the little birdies fly from the nest.

and to everyone that i forgot.....so glad that you have good things happening to you.

lucky7
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
HOW FUN!!! Rollerderby!!!! WOO HOO!!! GOOD for YOU!!!!!!:yes:

SandyR
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
today I felt well enough to go hang out with one of my Meet Up groups that goes walking at different parks in the area and we walked 4 miles on the boardwalk of a local beach at sunset. There's a concert stadium at the beach and I was treated to a free live Poison concert since you can hear the music on the boardwalk on a clear night.

mountaindreamer
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
oh sandyr,

what a beautiful way to spend the evening....congrats and i hope you have a wonderful night of peaceful sleep.

Rastagirl
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
So happy for you Sandy....that you felt well enough to participate in an activity that was important to you today. :veryhappy:

Take those good days....good moments.....and treasure them in your heart. :heart:

The walk on the boardwalk at sunset.....and a free listen to a Poison concert....what a wonderful evening!

Thanks for sharing your great news with us!!!

much Love n Hugs,

Monique89
07-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Well tonight i made it through my whole 4 hour calisthenics class without having to take a break!!
Plus today i took my last prednisolone tablet...
And last week i wont 7th division in the tattslotto LOL

Saysusie
07-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow! four hours!!! I am proud and amazed..congratulations! And, congrats for taking your last prednisone today!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
GOOD FOR MONIQUE!!!! now that deserves a round of applause!!!!:arms:

rob
07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Today, I was finally able to put my boat in the water, and go sailing. Spent the whole day out on the Atlantic. I was maybe 10 miles out, and about 200 yards off the port side, a Blue Whale suddenly appeared. Looked to be about 80 feet long. They are absolutley huge animals. It would dive to the bottom, and a few minutes later, come up and fly through the air and roll over-huge splash and wake! I had to turn around and head back as it was clouding up, but as I turned around, it came up maybe 50 yards away, this eye as big as a basketball was looking right at me, now I've seen plenty of whales, but never one that close, just an amazing sight. I beat the bad weather back to he harbor, found my new mooring, hooked up, and took the dinghy to shore. It was a great day, it really was. Next trip is going to be an overnighter, maybe this weekend. I did get a bit of sun, and I will be sore in the morning. But, I'm sore every morning. I could be hurting from doing absolutely nothing all day, or I could be hurting after a day on the ocean with a whale, so I'm not really worried about it! A little bit of the old me came back today, so it's worth it.

Rob

Angel Oliver
07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Well done Monique and Rob wow what an experience how fab!

love Amandaxxxxxxxxxxxx

lucky7
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
YIPPEEEEE ROB!!!!!! YOU deserve that and so many MORE days of it as well!!!!! :headbang:

Rastagirl
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
That is absolutely AWESOME Rob!!!

I've been hoping you'd finally get to go sailing....when I noticed your absence earlier today, I hoped it was for something like this. This was your first time out this summer, right?

What an unbelievable experience that must have been...that close to such a magnificent creature. You must have felt dwarfed in comparison. And to be stared in the face by him (or her :flirt:) had to be awesome. I'm gonna guess it was a her, since she popped up for a good look... :laugh2:

I'm glad you seized the day....and spent it doing something that brings joy to your heart.....even if there is a price to pay tomorrow....it's always worth it for those kind of memories.

Glad you found your way back to safe harbour...

SandyR
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
monique - 4 hours of clalesthetics! WOW! Good for you! :arms: I know that I would have a tough time getting through 1 hour, let alone 4, without passing out first. I hope you are feeling well today too.
Rob - That is some way to get your boat out into the water! We get lots of whales off the coast here too but I have never been lucky enough to see one. Did you get any pics? I'm glad to hear that you were able to reclaim a but of yourself out on the waters today. :yes:

rob
07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
That is absolutely AWESOME Rob!!!

I've been hoping you'd finally get to go sailing....when I noticed your absence earlier today, I hoped it was for something like this. This was your first time out this summer, right?

What an unbelievable experience that must have been...that close to such a magnificent creature. You must have felt dwarfed in comparison. And to be stared in the face by him (or her :flirt:) had to be awesome. I'm gonna guess it was a her, since she popped up for a good look... :laugh2:

I'm glad you seized the day....and spent it doing something that brings joy to your heart.....even if there is a price to pay tomorrow....it's always worth it for those kind of memories.

Glad you found your way back to safe harbour...

Yes, today was the first day this year that I was able to go out. The weather has been terrible-I actually had to turn on the heat the other night it was so cold. Today was 75 and sunny though, so I took the opportunity! Adult Blue Whales are typically 100 feet long and weigh 190 tons. They are the largest animal that has ever existed. My boat is 22 feet and this whale was easily 4 times the length of the boat-it was definitely a full grown adult. I've seen them from a distance, but never close up. I had my camera-in a bag down below! I was too busy saying "holy blank!" to think of grabbing the camera and snapping some photos. Next trip the camera will be within easy reach. You know, it's good to feel a sense of wide-eyed wonder again, like when I was a kid, I miss that. Carpe diem!

Rob

Rastagirl
07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Rob...

That wide-eyed wonder....like being a kid again....is such a great feeling! Seeing something for the first time, up close, and feeling that awe...with that, comes the realization of just how small and insignificant we truly are, when viewed in the big scheme of things.

Do you ever worry...just a little...that something that huge will choose to come up directly under your small boat and send you flying heavenward??

Or is it sort of like a horse that, after he throws you, will do every thing he can to not step on you? (I have experienced this one, personally...broken tailbone and everything...)

Delphinia981
07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Today...get this...Annie and I went to THREE PARKS, all in full sun, and I didn't have a flare! I was also covered up and had on my 70+ SPF, sun hat, etc. -- but the fact that I was out there, climbing ladders, going down slides, pushing her on the swings...getting lots of kiddo kisses along the way...I thank God for today. It was wonderful!!!

mountaindreamer
07-14-2009, 05:22 AM
good morning everyone.

i want to share with you what will be going on at my house today. Today is my little "twinkle star" (Kayla's) 5th birthday. She wants to have a princess party at "gran gran's house", so that is what we are doing. My daughter, Amber, has set up a special princess tea party, a face painting stand, a photo booth, a face painting booth, and a makeup stand. All of the little girls get to wear their princess dresses, have a special little tea party, and rotate around to all of the little girl primping areas. Then, we have a pinata (sp) that is huge and purple.

I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy this day with the girls. Oh yeah, and to top it off, i had to take my mtx shot last night, and this morning i woke up and smiled when i realized that the side effects are minimal this time, so i will be able to participate in all of the smiles and giggles of the day.

what a wonderful day.....i am very grateful.

mountaindreamer
07-14-2009, 05:34 AM
i am wondering why this post is , yet another, new post that is not highlighted....makes it hard for us loopie brains to find these.

Angel Oliver
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Phyllis, im not sure,i find posts ive missed too cause they re not highlighted.But i saw this one.Oh what a fab day you are all gonna have,you enjoy it all.

Now dont faint......i have had a nice day today.I have straight soft bouncy hair so shiny as i went to the hairdressers.I also has a massage then a trip to the pub for about 5 mins so i could have a pint of shandy.I so enjoyed it.But im so tired....so going for a sleep lol. But oh....what a nice day so far. Yipeeeeeeeeee :yes:.xxxxxxxxxx

leaann
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Ok this is a cool thread. Good to hear all the good things going on. Mine is some what funny.

I don't walk much and stay at home alot, so yesterday I go from the bed to the recliner in the living room, sitting there watching something on T.V. waiting on my oldest son to get out of bed. Our 3 dogs are running all over the house. The biggest one Doc who is about 8 mos old or so usually stays by my chair. (He is very large) compared to the other 2 dogs we have) while I was sitting there he makes a large leap in to my chair right in my lap the next thing I know the 2 little one's join in on what they thought looked like fun. So I am sitting there with the very large dog in my lap who now has 2 smaller dogs sitting on top of him. We are all in the recliner when I noticed my son had woke up and was watching the whole thing laughing at us.

Glad to know he got up out of bed just before we were about to all hit the floor.

It might have been painfull but it was a laugh and alot of fun. :laugh-floor:

Saysusie
07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
What a cute story and so indicative of how much love there is in your home!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
:laughing-at-you: Oh i chuckled as i imagined all your lovely dogs sitting on you n your son's face.Glad you are surrounded with fun n love n laughter.xxxxxxxxx

Oluwa
07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I found dark chocolate covered cashews....and they were huge. Thumb size..no exaggeration. That was my lunch and dinner...

Hopper is happy.
Love,
Oluwa

brandichi
07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm feeling great today, and I finally learned to stop stressing out about medical tests!!! I went to the endocrinologist today for a thyroid check, and I didn't even bat an eyelash when he said he needed to do a biopsy. I just said okay, and bounced right back after. Last year I was terrified! Woohoo - progress!!

The other good thing hasn't exactly happened yet, but I decided to go for an hour meditation thing at my church tonight. I have more cleaning to do, but oh well. My peace of mind comes before a perfectly clean house...even if my friend is arriving tomorrow, lol!

Oluwa
07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Branchi...Maybe your friend will help. Hugs. Love, O.

mountaindreamer
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
hi all,

OLUWA, chocolate covered cashews for two meals sounds like a perfect day. Hope you smiled with each bite.

LEA, what a funny story....so glad there was laughter to start your day. Hope the day has continued to shine.

ANGEL, thanks for reminding me about your hair and massage appointments. Sounds like heaven to me, sleep tight my friend.

GRANDICHI,hooray for the day that drs. appointments don't stress you out. Certainly a good day for you, no matter what the dr. diagnosed or prescribed.

Danica01
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm feeling great today, and I finally learned to stop stressing out about medical tests!!! I went to the endocrinologist today for a thyroid check, and I didn't even bat an eyelash when he said he needed to do a biopsy. I just said okay, and bounced right back after. Last year I was terrified! Woohoo - progress!!

The other good thing hasn't exactly happened yet, but I decided to go for an hour meditation thing at my church tonight. I have more cleaning to do, but oh well. My peace of mind comes before a perfectly clean house...even if my friend is arriving tomorrow, lol!

I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! See, sometimes you just have to have faith and things just work out just fine!!!!!!!

My good thing is Tim came home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SandyR
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
WOW! Lot's of good things! :laugh:

Carrie - I only just saw yours from the other day now (thread wasn't highlighted for me either) and your daughter must have been super excited to have mommy up and about at not 1, not 2, but 3 parks! That's awesome!

Phyllis - The princess party sounds like the girls are going to have a blast! I am glad that you are feeling well enough to enjoy your grandaughter's special day. Did you dress up too? If so, I request pics please!

Angel - I am envious of your spa day! I know how much you were looking forward to that and I am so glad you were able to enjoy it. Pics are requested from you too. BTW- What is shandy? I've never seen it in the bars here.

Leann - that is too funny! Your story made me laugh aloud. :) What kind of pup is that big boy? (I LOVE dogs!)

Oluwa - Your post made my mouth drool! Dark chocolate covered cashews are a secret favorite food of mine. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...chocolate!
:valentine2:

Brandichi - I am glad to hear that you are less stressed and happier to hear that you have found a new way to manage your stress. Meditation is so relaxing to me. Enjoy!

Danica - That's awesome about Tim! I know you must be very excited. Do you have anything special planned that we can discuss on this board? ;)

My good thing is for the day is that I am going to my swing dance class tonight. I belong to a local (ametuar) swing club and haven't felt enough energy to go in 3 weeks so I am excited about it!

MLockwood
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I was able to bounce out of bed again today!!! Minimal pain, not too tired...almost went to the gym...almost!!!!

Saysusie
07-15-2009, 09:24 AM
MLockwood!
That is absolutely wonderful. Bouncing out of bed with minimal pain is an immense achievement for us! The fact that you were able to do it today is an important milestone! I am so happy for you and am hoping that, from this day forward, you continue to bound out of bed and maintain energy enough to have enjoyable days! :banana:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

gina
07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
I put on my shoes today and no swelling in feet they actually can slip off hooray
and hardly no pain this morning just knee a little bit work its way gone.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
07-15-2009, 10:08 AM
HAY well it was last but in last 24hrs so i'm counting it!!! good thing that happened to me is i got to spend night with my best friends ISDM and stoney nice relaxed evening only had one alcholic drink and that was in honour of me uncle gary as it would have been his 48th birthday yesterday!! but was taken from us 5th november nearly two years ago!! any ways gonig back to the good stuff it was lovely chilled but giggly evening with my two partner in crime hehe :-) xx

lucky7
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
AWWWW, ALL of YOU are so CUTE!!! I am so HAPPY for ALL of your accomplishments and/or "happy moments"!!!!!! WOO FRIGIN HOO TO THAT!!!!!!!:yes:

red246
07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah for everyone! Lots of good things to celebrate! :yes:

My good thing for the day: My boys are HOME!!!!! I managed to drive all the way out to the Philly Airport & back! I've always been really nervous about going out there by myself & have avoided it until today. But, I did it!
:8:

lucky7
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
WOO HOO LAUREN!!! AWWWW, you're cute!!!! Good for you!!!!

lucky7
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
I had a very dear friend be there for me when I NEEDED someone. I LOVE and APPRECIATE her that much more for it:cute: A true friend is there when YOU need them, THANK YOU and I ADORE YOU:heart:

Saysusie
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Very Well Said and oh so true!! I am glad that you have a dear friend who is always there when you need!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
07-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I made it through a 3.7 mile hike and only had to stop to catch my breathe 2 or 3 times. :laugh:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
07-19-2009, 02:26 AM
well i had great day yesterday knackering and painful but great took an hour bus ride!!! (oh god my bum and cockess bone didn't half know it!!lol) to coclchester the first recorded town in essex!! not that i was going there for the culture went to visit a friend well i say a friend hes an ex from along time ago and we recently got back in contact its really nice we have been able to become friends and he had his daughter so we went to the park and had icecreams and nice walk in the sun then chilled in the evening watching telly before my long journey home but it was all worth just to get of house not alone spend some time with some good company!!
well that was yesterday told i wonder what today brings!!!! hope you have good day guys xxx

Danica01
07-19-2009, 08:09 AM
My Tim left today but I was able to have a great talk with my mom and get a few things off of my chest! It felt great and I love my mama even more for just listening and understanding :angelic:

Lauren! That is sooooooo great! I am so happy your boys are home. It sure feels good to get out a do something you normally would be nervous to do.....I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

lucky7
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Thank you Saysusie!!!! Yes, it is nice to have a friendship that not only receives from you BUT also GIVES to you as well!!!! Shoot, you are one of them as well!!!!:cute:

AWWWW, Danica, that is so nice to hear!!!!! Im VERY happy that you feel that way about your relationship with your mother, i am TRUELY happy for you:yes: HOW SWEET:cute: Sorry your Tim is gone though!!!! :grumpy:

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
:07: SMOOCHES LUCKY7!

Saysusie

Rastagirl
07-20-2009, 10:07 PM
well i had great day yesterday knackering and painful but great took an hour bus ride!!! (oh god my bum and cockess bone didn't half know it!!lol) to coclchester the first recorded town in essex!! not that i was going there for the culture went to visit a friend well i say a friend hes an ex from along time ago and we recently got back in contact its really nice we have been able to become friends and he had his daughter so we went to the park and had icecreams and nice walk in the sun then chilled in the evening watching telly before my long journey home but it was all worth just to get of house not alone spend some time with some good company!!
well that was yesterday told i wonder what today brings!!!! hope you have good day guys xxx

Fantastic news, Heidi!! :yes:

I'm really glad to hear you got out of the house for an outing. Sounds like great fun....visiting an old friend, taking his daughter to the park.....ice cream. Enjoying the day.

It does a person a world of good just changing your routine for a day....getting out of the house, seeing some sights, spending time with good company. All that is such a pick-me-up and health booster. Even if you pay a bit the next day for the long bus ride on your bum, the jumpstart for your spirit is well worth it.

My good thing today is that so many people on the site are having some good days and things to bring them encouragment.

I'm finding it hard not to get down with all the sadness and pain and suffering going on with everyone with Lupus. It's overwhelming at times. This thread has helped me feel like some of us get to come to the surface occasionally, for a break from the misery.

Here's hoping for a good day, in some way, for every person that visits this site....and sooner, rather than later.

Hugs,

Danica01
07-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks lucky7......I sure do love her :yes: I miss Tim more and more every day but I am happy he is out exploring with his brother......he will be home before I know it!

Today it finally rained in the desert and cooled our air down. I was able to go on a walk with Krya and her puppy along the golf course......it turned out to be a wonderful day :angelic:

ritzbit
07-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I woke up thinking today was going to be a horrible day becuz I didnt feel very good. My aunt was already planning on taking me to go fill out an application at Mcdonalds today and thats all I thought I'd be doing. Well while I was there the woman also gave me an interview and hired me! So Im pretty excited becuz its my first job lol =) even if it is just Mcdonalds

Danica01
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
ritzbit: That is very exciting!!!!! This will give you something to look forward to and you will be able to get out of the house and be with other people, I think it is wonderful and McDonald's is great to work for :yes: When is your first day?????

For me, just knowing that Tim will be next to me when I close my eyes tomorrow night is enough to make me smile for the rest of the year :heart:

mountaindreamer
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
hi ritzbit,

congrats on your new job....Mcdonald's is a very good company, and i hope you have a great working experience with them.

let us know how your first day goes.

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I woke up thinking today was going to be a horrible day becuz I didnt feel very good. My aunt was already planning on taking me to go fill out an application at Mcdonalds today and thats all I thought I'd be doing. Well while I was there the woman also gave me an interview and hired me! So Im pretty excited becuz its my first job lol =) even if it is just Mcdonalds

Congrats on the first job, Ritzbit!! Way to go!

My first job EVER was at Dairy Queen, as a counter girl. I was 15.

First thing I had to learn was how to make the curly Q at the top of the ice cream cones.

http://www.junkfoodnews.net/DAIRY-QUEEN-CELEBRATES.jpg

Welcome to the working world!!

Hugs,

ritzbit
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
ha I bet I wouldnt be able to do that, me and ice cream dont get along lol

I start in a few weeks =D I'll let you all know how dead tired I am after my first day lol

Angel Oliver
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh well done on the new job.Its hard work there as every one likes their food...ok i do :) You enjoy it n rest when you can.

love Amanda.xx

lucky7
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
WOO HOO Ritzbit!!!! YUMMY!!!! YOu can have all the fries you want now!!!! LOL

Im late on this BUT SMOOCHES right back at ya Saysusie!!!!! :heart::wub:

froggal
07-30-2009, 01:20 PM
The best thing happened to me today . . . I was able to use a friends laptop here in the hospital and check in with you all!! I am still in the hospital!! I have taken up residence here and I am pretty sure the nurses are SICK of me!!! (this include the nurse that had the chart thrown at her!! She is, however, much nicer these days!!) I am not sure when I will be going home yet, but I am SO happy that I had the chance to say hi!!

lucky7
08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
OMG!!!!! OUR dear dear Froggal!!!! Oh how weve missed you!!!!! We were WORRIED! Im sorry you are still in the hospital:no: Im thinking of you and please take care of yourself as BEST you can!!! HUGS AND LOVE!!!! :heart:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
oh your never guess what i made it out of the house today after 10 days quartine from oink oinking i nanaged to breath some fresh air walk to my local pub and had a beef roast that i didn't have to cook or wash up and wass first proper dinner that didn't go ping in days, had couple games of pool with friends then went to corner shop brought some bit boring to most but best day i had in ages i can now stop rocknig back and forwards woop woop!!! time for a nap now lol :-)

lucky7
08-03-2009, 02:16 PM
AWWWWWWW!!!!! HI SANDIE!!!!!! HOW cool!!! Loris sister!!! WE JUST LOVE her!!!!!! Shes my JOKE BUDDY!!!!! We can have some FUN posts!!!!! LOL Im so HAPPY to have met you and im sure you are just as SWEET as her!!!!!! Sexy too!!! WINK WINK LORI!!!!!! I have to go for dinner but im SO HAPPY you jumped on!!!!!!! Thank You for your careing words, thats very kind!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

tiggerlishus - Heidi
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
hay its great to meet you sandi you got one hell of a sister i do love lori she is greeeaaattt !!!
just popped by to tell you all abotu my day
i did not only actually to get out of house today but manage to get out of town and go to local fishing town will put photos up on page tomorrow as it is alreadygone past eleven here over pond and also finally manage to find a site i could by my perfect dress form my party i am soooo excited my step mum arrives in 30 days less than amonth woop woop then my party is is one month and 2 days away!!!
can you see how excited i am boing boing boing bouncing is what tiggers do best!!!
if any one want to look at dress look for dram girl goldie rush!!! thats what its called have a fancy dress party them "hoe down" gowboy/girls, indians, saloon girls and hillbilies welcome any who will stop waffling just want to share my joy with you H xxx

mountaindreamer
08-15-2009, 01:44 PM
i everyone..,..i am off to see Paul McCartney....Lisa (my daughter) and I are going for her birthday....i am so excited, and i will tell everyone about it tomorrow.....hope you all are having a nice weekend.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
hay have fun watching paul phyllis xxx
i'm off to spend the week with my bros girlfriend and wait for it my newest nephew!! woop woop yer a whole week then when i get back its my sisters bday and hse having ann summers party and then 10 days after that my step mum arrives from florida and 2 days after that will be my birthday party my 30th at that soo bus exciting month for me!! gone be shattered lol x

scarby
08-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I finished a draft of my composition. Only tweaking to go! :D

mountaindreamer
08-16-2009, 10:22 AM
hey tiggerlishous....congrats on the new little one....i know everyone is excited.

hello, scarby.....a huge congrats on finishing the draft of your composition....the hard part is done, and now you can enjoy "tweaking".

Sir Paul was incredible....what a wonderful concert....he played a lot of old beatles, he played a tribute to jimmy hendrix, and to george harrison.....last night was not only the 40th anniversary of woodstock....but it was the 45 anniversary of the day that the beatles played Shey Stadium. And the coolest thing happened.....we had this strange little rain storm that came accross Atlanta and dumped a ton of water on us....just like at woodstock..... Lisa and i had a blast, the weather was perfect and i did not have any trouble with the sun. We just had a fantastic time together, dancing and singing.

Spanglishqueen
08-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi Mountain- That sounds like an awesome day! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it especially with no sun problems :yes:

crmj1183
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Nothing amazing happen to me today, but i enjoyed reading everyone elses posts and it makes me happy that all is well with everyone, hugs to everyone.

Chriss

Spanglishqueen
08-23-2009, 05:05 AM
So we had a quick power outage yesterday while I was on the PC and then when I tried getting back on it wouldn't start. I plugged and unplugged to no avail. Must be fried. Well I woke up this morning and said it can't be fried because there is some power just not enough...so I opened it up and fiddled with it. AND NOW IT WORKS!!!:071: Have absolutely no clue what I did, but I made it work. That feels good.

ButterflyRN
08-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Having less pain in my leg and can walk better!! Thank goodness!:banana:

Spanglishqueen
08-23-2009, 07:47 AM
WOOHOOO!!!! ALWAYS A GOOD DAY WHEN PAIN IS MINIMAL!:fam21::wiggle::arms::653:

Saysusie
08-23-2009, 09:31 AM
I really, really, LOVE this thread :yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
08-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh Butterfly so glad to hear the pain is easing hope it continues.

Well for me today is that i managed to attach a dvd player and sat today and watched Phenomenon with the sexy John Travolta and then i watched Back Street Boys then Westlife,whilst lay down resting. I carnt believe i actually fitted it all together,so for me its a big deal:yes:.Today was a good day.xxxxxxx

scarby
08-23-2009, 02:53 PM
The sun is out!!

abbasgirl
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
YEAH BUTTERFLY! That's great! Still doing great today?

Amanda, wonderful!!!!

I've had three good days in a row! Still in pain but not as bad!

Angel Oliver
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Yippeee 3 good days,lets hope it continues for another few years for you.

For me.....i saved up for a D A B radio with a cd built in,only small arrives tomorrow.Also on Wednesday i am having satelite tv installed yipeeeeee movies,music...so i got good things to look forward too.(Lets forget about my scan on wednesday :))xxxx

mountaindreamer
08-24-2009, 02:09 PM
there you go amanda.....while you are taking that test, just keep telling yourself about all of the tv shows you will be able to watch when you get your new satellite.....tv has become one of my best friends.

Angel Oliver
08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Phyllis i will remember all this as they strap me down :) Thanks so much. Well we had a new roof fitted a few weeks back and since then my freeview hasnt worked,s ive been lost.Im so looking forward to it,like you said tv is my friend also.xx

ritzbit
08-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Sooo for any of you who I've been talking to lately... I FINALLY START WORK TOMORROW =D

Im pretty pumped lol my first job. It'll probably suck lol

Spanglishqueen
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
They all have their suckiness but also good times. You'll love it. My first job was Little Ceaser's "Pizza Pizza" :laugh:

Angel Oliver
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh yipeeeeeeeeeeeee:yes:.You will enjoy it im sure.If its not what you thought,no big deal,but just wait n see.Goodluck and i hope you have a great day my friend.Let us know how it goes.

Love n best wishes
Amanda.xxxxxxxxx

Danica01
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Today was a very good day in our house! I may have gotten a job with Wells Fargo and Tim started classes today! The sun is starting to come up in our lives :veryhappy:

SandyR
08-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Yipppeeee Danica! Congrats to that!

My good thing: Lymphoma is 100% ruled out! Got a Sarcoidosis dx back from pulmonary guy, ready to move forward with the rheumy now.

mountaindreamer
08-24-2009, 07:30 PM
ritzbit...congrats on your first day of your first job...good luck. What will you do with your first pay check?

Danica....hooray for you...wells fargo is a very reputable company and i hope you have great success with them....what is Tim studying? so glad he is expanding his education.

Angel Oliver
08-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh Danica thats such happy news WELL DONE!! Well done Tim as well in his first class.Your new beginning has arrived...the only way is up now.Enjoy it all.

Sandy...Im so glad and hope you feel a little better now.

For me today...I got my new d a b radio and cd player yipeeeeeeeee!! So if you hear howling,dont panic its me singing :)

Love Amanda.xxxxxxx

leaann
08-25-2009, 08:54 AM
What good thing happen to me today... I have to start from the begenning so you will understand what I am so happy about it... 18 years ago I met a little baby while my son was in the childrens hospital. his name is Richard, He was born when his mother was only 6 months pregant with him she was addicted to crack...Richard and my son stayed in the hospital together for 3 years they became best friends... The mother on the other hand always had pproblems with social services and she had many other children. Over the years she lost costody Richard several times and he came to our house and lived with us. We had custody of him many many times, he bacame a part of the family. Richard had sever heart problmes,always required many surgeries....I was always there for him when he needed someone...My son right before he past away made a comment that I needed to watch over him I promised I would take care of Richard no matter what...

About 2001 Richards mom was being investigated again by social services, I begged social services not to send him back to her, but they did... Anyway she feared she was going to lose him for good and took off with him and rest of her children...

I often wondered what happen to him over the years, was he dead or alive...It broke my heart when I could not find him, my husband spent many years helping me look for him, just to make sure he was safe...

yesterday it happen and today I am so happy....I received a email from his mom and today she called me.... My baby is doing well and his mom has changed her life to help him... He has been in and out of the hospital over the years but seems to be doing fine... He was 9 years old when I last saw him and now is 18 years old.

I get talk to my little boy today when he gets out of school and I got to see a pic of him...

I am so happy....this made my day.....
oh and my cat had 4 baby kittens today as well.... :shocked::laugh::cute::wideeyed:

Saysusie
08-25-2009, 11:01 AM
LeeAnn;
Such wonderful news :fam21:
I know how happy you must be and I'm sure you are counting the minutes until he gets home and calls you. Sending you hugs of happiness for you!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh Leann thats a lovely day and baby kittens too ahhhh.

love Amanda.xx

SandyR
08-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Leann that is fab news! Congrats!
Angel - saw that CD player on FB & it looks like a fun little toy. Enjoy!

Angel Oliver
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks Sandy it goes so loud and it has base.Tomorrow the back street boys will wake me up :) Yipeeeeeee.x

Danica01
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks to all of you for your support and everyone has such wonderful news today!!!!!!! Any frown would be turned upside down visiting this thread :veryhappy: Tim is in class today and is tired but loving it and I got another call today for another interview with a different company! There is nothing like having an option!

Sandy: I am so happy for you! It is such a relief off of your shoulders..........I can not even begin to explain to you how big my smile is right now!!!!!!!

Leaann: What a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of your sorrow and then the joy you felt when you heard he was fine and doing well. Thank you for loving that child when he needed it the most! I am in awe of you :hug:

ButterflyRN
08-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Ha ha so funny I don't check this for a day and so much happens! So excited for everyone's great news! May we all continue to be blessed!!!:yes:

ritzbit
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Started work today =) cant wait to start saving my money for a car!!! =D

lucky7
08-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Good for YOU hun!!! Saving for a car is a GOOD goal for you!!!!!:cute:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
well after some ver stressful ill few months this time last night i was enjoying myself at my own 30th bday party not many turned up but it was still a wicked night will have photo album up soon still recovering drunk just a tad too much!! lol

well next excitement is a chill out party on my actual bday tues where pampering ourselves with pedicures and get either neck and back massages or facials!! well that might bit of good things x

SandyR
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Heidi,

That sounds like a fabulous way to spend a birthday! :yes: If I didn't live so far I would crash your spa party! :cute:

My good thing for today (really yesterday) is that I was able to rejoin one of my hiking groups for a little hike yesterday morning and then I also spent some time with some good friends I haven't seen in a while this weekend.

Sandy

Angel Oliver
09-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Just to say Heidi im so glad you are going to a Spa day and i hope you enjoy every minute of it....Happy Birthday.xxxxxxx

Sandy....wow hiking what fun, hope you have a fab time,but take it slow.So glad you spent time with friends too.xxxxxxxxxx

love Amanda.xxxxxx

rob
09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I had somethng very unusual happen to me on Sunday. I got a good nights sleep, and woke up Sunday morning without any sort of pain. I got up and got to doing things, and discovered that I had energy to do things. I discovered it was 75 and sunny, and my sister invited the whole family out to her cabin at the lake for a BBQ. So I tossed my kayak onto the rack, hopped in my truck, and drove out to the lake. I spent the day paddling from one end of the lake to the other, swimming, visiting, eating, drinking (in moderation), and I stayed all day and most of the evening with no fatigue.

The old me made a surprise appearance. I overdid it a bit, and payed for it yesterday, but I don't care. I'll forget about how crappy I felt yesterday, but I'll never forget Sunday. The next time I have everything laid out before me in such a perfect way, I am going to enjoy the day 100%. I'm sick of worrying about pain and flares, they happen to me no matter what, so I'm going to live it up whenever possible.

Rob

BonusMom
09-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a fantastic Sunday, Rob! Carpe diem and put the pain and misery behind you.

BonusMom
09-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Although my sleep was restless, I awoke this morning refreshed. We moved last week and I was in agony due to pain in feet and low back. I have bruises all over my arms that make me look as though I'm a victim of domestic violence. Over the long weekend, I was able to unpack and get donations ready for hospice. We had the kids over for dinner and planned DD's 18th birthday on 9/11.

There's something to be said about having an organized and clean home :). Having accomplished so much at home on my time off, I look forward to a productive week at work.

Patricia914
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
One of my happiest moments after being diagnosed with Lupus was scoring the part of Lady MacBeth at my school's annual Shakespearian Festival. Despite memory fogs, I was able to memorize and perfect my soliloquy, earning a 5-star performance! I was so proud that I accomplished this, despite my condition- whenever I am feeling down I think of this and remind myself that I can overcome anything!

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
congrats patricia.....that was quite an incredible accomplishment, and you have every right to be proud....hold on to those memories, they will always be precious to you.

heidi...happy happy happy birthday....hope you had a great day at the spa.

rob....finally, a day of kayaking, eating and visiting....yes, my friend, life those good days to the fullest....they are precious.

bonusmom....so glad you are through moving.....hope you are enjoying your new home.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
hay thanks guys back from the spa and dinner at my local pub it was a great birthday one of the best!!!
started with meeting up with everyone and then we went for lunch at maccdy's and then we went ot the spa did pedicure for each other and i had a neck, shoulder and back massage whish was glorious had ring round my face from where i had got so relaxed on the bed
then we came back and collected the kids then my step mum, brothers girl friend and baby connor came had dinner at my local pub i had a yummy steak and gorgeous choc fudge cake for afters!! now sat down to watch my weekly dose of ghost whisperer!!

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 01:34 PM
massage, steak dinner, and ghost whisperer....sounds like a wonderful birthday....you deserve many days like today.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
09-08-2009, 01:35 PM
ahhh thanks phyllis xxxxx

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
you are welcome, my friend.

ritzbit
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I went to the doctor today..and they said my blood work from last work was all normal numbers. =) and they're taking me down on my prednisone. And Im pretty happy to hear that for once.lol its the first time I've heard that Im doing good and that they werent putting me on new meds. Yay =)

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
ritzbit....that is fantastic news. i hope you sleep with a smile on your face tonight...hooray for tampering prednisone.

ritzbit
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
its quite exciting =D even if its just from 10 to 9 lol

cherokee993
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I was called off from work today so I was able to spend another day enjoying my sweet and beautiful son!

cherokee993
09-08-2009, 10:20 PM
That is great news!

Angel Oliver
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh fab news Cherokee!!

Today i was strong and got Plaquenil from my Rheumi and will get Ambien on Monday and also was diagnosed with Sjogrens.So its not all in my head and i feel good...sick....but good :)

LOve Amanda.xxxxx

lucky7
09-10-2009, 02:20 PM
AWWWWWW, AMY!!!! HOW SWEET and SPECIAL!!!!!! Those are the MOMENTS that count huh! WOO HOO to that!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE for you AND your SON!!!!!!!!:yes:

SandyR
09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I washed my car and filled my pantry. Sounds like a silly thing I know but both of those chores were desperately needing to be done.

Angel Oliver
09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Well done Sandy yipeeeeeeee.xxxxxxxx

lucky7
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Sandy, its the "silly things" that make a BIG difference in HOW we FEEL at times. YOU GO GIRL!!!!:yes:

SandyR
09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
jeannette - you're right. it made a huge difference in how I felt! thanks guys!:laugh:

Spanglishqueen
09-24-2009, 02:43 AM
OUTSTANDING DAY YESTERDAY!!! I got called into the office of one of the assistant directors (ARD's) and they are so impressed with all the projects I am on, they have asked me to be on a specific project working with the ARD's and Director which will also include going to DC and pushing the projects up. MOVING ON UP to the EAST SIDE...Watch OUT HILLARY CLINTON B IS HOT ON YOUR TRAIL LOL :) ( I work for the Department of State-Hillary is my boss :tongue2:)

BonusMom
09-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Way to go B!!! It's wonderful when our hard work is recognized.