PDA

View Full Version : What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Pages : 1 [2]

SandyR
09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
[COLOR=Magenta]( I work for the Department of State-Hillary is my boss :tongue2:)

I met her once in 96. Hope she is friendlier to work for then she seemed to be in the few minutes I interacted with her.

PS -Congrats! That is wonderful news on the project!

BonusMom
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I accompanied DH to his PCP today for the results of his sleep study. Dr. admitted to signing auth for oxygen, assuming it was a renewal for a patient's existing oxygen order, although she believes the doctor that read the sleep study was wrong for ordering the oxygen-she would have ordered the CPAP from the start. Anyway, she ate crow, 'fessed up and clearly admitted her mistake (very refreshing). To make a long story short, a CPAP is in our imminent future.

I am so very relieved it's not more heart related than it is (or has been), the doctor readily admitted the breakdown in communication and has now begun the approval process for a CPAP and appropriate meds.

We are so fortunate that so much research has been done and doctors are very aware of sleep apnea and the potential increase for heart attacks.

Now...if they'd only dedicate the resources to finding a cure for lupus ;)

SandyR
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Bonusmom, that's wonderful news! Congrats on that!

jfal
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM
The company where I work will close out the month of September with accumulative sales in 2009 higher than the whole previous year.

lucky7
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Ive been MIA but i wanted to say WOO HOO to all of YOUR happenings while i was away!!!!!!!:cute:

mountaindreamer
10-03-2009, 07:01 AM
last night my grandchildren, Justin and Kayla spent the night with me. We cooked hot dogs on the grill, ate outside at the pic nic table, built a camp fire, played backyard baseball, cooked smores over the fire, and watched an "alvin and the chipmunks" movie. I woke this morning with both of them snuggling with me.....sometimes life is good.

SandyR
10-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Phyllis - that sounds like a great day to me! Memories of time with my grandmother when I was little are some of my best memories from being little. Grandma's are wonderful!

abbasgirl
10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Aw, Phyllis...that's wonderful. What warm fuzzies.

I love this thread!!!!

mountaindreamer
10-04-2009, 09:10 AM
yeah, warm fuzzies is exactly what it was....that is why i wanted to share with all of you. I enjoyed a smile of contentment all night.

Angel Oliver
10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Ah Phyllis,

How lovely for you.Glad you enjoyed them and they you.xxxxxxxxxxx

debbie-b
10-05-2009, 06:11 AM
yeah, warm fuzzies is exactly what it was....that is why i wanted to share with all of you. I enjoyed a smile of contentment all night.

Aww, that is so awsome, enjoy every moment with them. Mine live in Texas and I only see them, if I am lucky once a year, right now it has been two years since I have seen them. But we are flying to Texas on friday, I can hardly wait.
I would love to be able to see them all the time. My kids want to move here, but with the economy right now, we are going to have to wait until things get better.

Debbie

mountaindreamer
10-05-2009, 07:44 AM
oh debbie, i hope the time comes very soon when you will be able to see your grandchildren more than once a year. Yes, we had a blast, i try to "event gifts" with them....and it always brings laughter into my life...Have fun this weekend with yours, i know you are anxious for friday to get here.

lucky7
10-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh Phyllis! What a BEAUTIFUL night you had with your grandkids!!!! SO SWEET! Now that deserves a BIG WOO HOO!!!!

jfal
10-09-2009, 02:12 PM
We took delivery today of the first new car that we have ever bought. A 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS.

http://www.outlander2009.com.mx/

Sweet!

DrinkofWtr
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
My daughter called me yesterday and told me she landed a part-time job. She has been out of work for sometime. It's a start even though whe will still keep looking for a full time one in the counseling field.

lucky7
10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
WOO HOO Jfal!!!!! HOW COOL is THAT!!!! I remember when Carl and i bought our FIRST EVER NEW car too!!!!! I just LOVED the smell of it!!! I always had a used one and i would love to smell my friends NEW vehicles but i was fortunate enough to smell MY OWN vehicle when we got our Honda Pilot 4 yrs ago!!! YOU ENJOY IT!!!!!!!

Drinkowatr, GOOD for her!!! Its a struggling economy right now, so part time is a start! WOO HOO!!!

BonusMom
10-20-2009, 08:06 PM
In the mail today was an envelope mailed to me by the USPS....it was my Kenneth Cole (bargain) wallet! Inside the wallet were all of my credit cards, driver's license, etc. MIA were my stamps and all cash. Yahoo!

It appears the maggot that stole the wallet removed the good stuff and then dropped it in the mailbox outside our office building. Perhaps my whining about the perp taking the wallet, which would have no value to the maggot, got their attention. Of course I'd already notified the credit card companies, the credit reporting agencies and spent two hours at DMV getting my CDL replaced yesterday, but oh well. I'm glad to have my beautiful wallet back and no one can attempt to use my cards as they've all been reported stolen. I will notify the police officer and HR tomorrow of the recent development.

SandyR
10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
what a wonderful surprise ending! YAY! :laugh:

make sure not to fondle it too much, they might want to take prints off it to see if they come up with anything.

DrinkofWtr
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Good news! My one and only daughter, Kelly, has two p/t jobs now. One is actually in her field, counseling. Thank the lord.

Angel Oliver
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Even though i dont always post in here....its so nice to read these threads of the good things that have happened to you all.So nice.xxxxx

SandyR
10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I found a dress for the wedding I have to go to in a few weeks.

lucky7
10-22-2009, 07:09 AM
WOO HOO SANDY!!! THATS ALWAYS a GOOD thing to find an outfit that you really like huh!!!!!:yes:

DrinkofWtr
10-23-2009, 08:06 AM
My boyfriend got the cast off his hand from his carpal tunnel surgery.

lucky7
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
AWWWWW, leave it to a woman/girlfriend to pick something good that happened to THEM be about the man they love! LOL We SPOIL THEM, dont we!? ALways putting others first!:cute: Hes LUCKY to have YOU!!!!

SandyR
10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
My boyfriend got the cast off his hand from his carpal tunnel surgery.

HOORAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great news. How's he feeling?

Danica01
10-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Woo hoo!!!!!! Great news about the dress and wonderful new about the cast!!!!!! There are wonderful things happening to all of us today :yes: Today I spent some time with my friend Krya! We went and bought some little things to make a Christmas craft the day after Thanksgiving! It was fun and now we have something fun to look forward to! Today is a good day :arms:

Monique89
10-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Well, my uncle wants me to babysit for him this week!
Ok so not so exciting for some, but my uncle has never left his 10 month old baby with anyone except my aunty's mother before, so i am happy that he trusts me enough for this!! Plus i love her, so is soooo cute!! The boys are so much fun as well!!

debbie-b
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I caught a shoplifter.
That just made my day. I suspected him for a while now and today I got him.
He always comes in to the store with a backpack and puts it by my register saying" i don't want people to think that i am stealing". He came back to my register saying he didn't find what he was looking for. But I was watching him and saw that he took something out of the freezer. When he walked by me, I said," where did you hide the shrimp?' He opened his coat and said," see, i don't have anything". But I touched his back and felt it. He had 8 bags of shrimp, total $ 81.00. I made him give it to me and told him to never show his face in here again. A regular customer said, " you got some nerve, what made you do this". And I told her that I was getting sick of these low lifes, I am 53, I have lupus and I am in pain every day, but I go to work. This guy is maybe 30 and he can't work? We have a sign at the door, looking for a shift leader, $ 15.95 an hour and all benefits. He does not want to work, he just want's to get stuff for free. My boss was really happy, because in 8 weeks, we have lost almost $10000.00 in inventory.
Maybe he will tell his low life friends not to do it in our store, because this crazy german lady is going to frisk you.:laugh:

Debbie

BonusMom
10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Atta girl, Debbie! 10,000 a month in inventory loss is huge, especially for a small business. This guy sounds like the maggot that stole my wallet-they want something for nothing and don't give a care who they hurt in the process.

You never know, his friends may try the same thing just so they WILL be frisked by a German lady :)

Well done!

SandyR
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Well, my uncle wants me to babysit for him this week!
Ok so not so exciting for some, but my uncle has never left his 10 month old baby with anyone except my aunty's mother before, so i am happy that he trusts me enough for this!! Plus i love her, so is soooo cute!! The boys are so much fun as well!!

I think it's very exciting and a wonderful sign of how trustworthy you are. Congrats!

And congrats to Debbie with the shoplifter. They are so frustrating, especially when you just KNOW who it is but can't prove it.

debbie-b
10-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Atta girl, Debbie! 10,000 a month in inventory loss is huge, especially for a small business. This guy sounds like the maggot that stole my wallet-they want something for nothing and don't give a care who they hurt in the process.

You never know, his friends may try the same thing just so they WILL be frisked by a German lady :)

Well done!

That made me laugh, I don't think they want this kind of frisking.

Debbie

BonusMom
10-28-2009, 06:59 AM
But DH finally got his CPAP! Woo hoo, Mama's gonna get some sleep (and hubby too!)

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-28-2009, 09:08 AM
hi guys haven't been on this thread in awhile but had to tell you went to see the micheal jackson this is it with my sister at our local cinema today and thou i'm in agnoy from sitting that long but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fantastic we loved it!! we sang, danced and clapped along in our seats!!!
well just thought i would share xxx

lindsayyy
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I had my doctors appointment today and everything is going really well. That was very good news. (:

ritzbit
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
I passed my driving test!!!!!!!!!!!

:9:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I passed my driving test!!!!!!!!!!!

:9:

well done woop woop well doen you xxxxx

SandyR
11-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Ribitz! I am glad to hear that!

Linda From Australia
04-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks Rob for starting this thread Ok time to bump this to the top for those people who are feeling miserable, it is good to see some good in our lives.

Tonight my kids are all coming home for Easter dinner. I have got some really yummy new recipes to try out and went shopping and spent a fortune on food.

mmmmm...... that is where the good things ended, I have been in so much pain today (especially the ball of my right foot) and can't make all the food I wanted to. But I don't care, my family are all going to be here for dinner .... worth all the pain in the word!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chang
04-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Great news.

Chang
04-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Awesome........

Bonita
04-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Had a rhumetologist appointment today. I am still having problems with pain but he said that i should try to hang in there with the increase of the methotrexate for another month to se if it will help. I am glad that he did not give me anymore medicine to take and he also gave me antinausea meds for the side affects so i trust him and will do as he says. Bonita

Nonna
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM
I made it to church today for the first time since February. Life is good.

Nonna
04-26-2011, 04:23 PM
i'm breathing better. Life is good.

Linda From Australia
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Though I am a lot of pain today, and having heaps of problems walking - I am not in a wheelchair!!!
And ... the good thing is, I actually swam for about 7 minutes this morning - instead of just 5 minutes.

Little, steps - tiny little steps

kim,l
04-27-2011, 05:49 PM
my daughter mikaela homeschooling is doing well and she is much more calmer my son came home from rehab for easter and we had great time and my daughter had her 23 birthday so all and all it has been a good few days one step at a time

lacey50
04-28-2011, 02:31 PM
What was a Good Thing that happened to me today?
I met Toni (aka Nonna) in person for the first time, and she is a real sweetie!!!!

craftkeeper
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
I can't even tell you about all the good that happened. I live in Tennessee, 30 minute drive from the areas that 33 people were killed in Tornados last night. My nine year old and i spent most of the evening in the bathtub while the storms were raging. We live in a single wide mobile home in a secluded area with no where to go. I piled pillows up on top of my little girl and sat down next to her. She reached under her shirt and pulled out her little childrens bible and started reading out loud. We went through at least 11 tornado warnings and 3 went right over the area we live in and hit the town a few miles away. WE spent the rest of the night in the living room floor with emergency radios on. I read on the news this morning that 178 people died in the south last night from the storms. MY little girl didn't cry and she wasn't at all afraid. I hope to have half the faith that little girl has, because i will make it through this storm. What happened good to me today? We all were alive this morning.

Nonna
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Sue AKA Lacey50 beat me to it. We had a great lunch together; we missed Phyllis and hope she gets home soon. We had a great visit and it makes me look forward to my next doctors appointment.

nonna

rob
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I had a pain free day with no TN Flare activity, and I actually slept the night through.

Also, today I got all of my racing gear together, and everything fits. But there will be no racing until I get my Trigeminal Neuralgia problem solved.
So for now I have to settle for going out to the garage, suiting up, strapping myself into the cockpit, and going VROOM VROOM a lot.

Rob

Nonna
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
I had a pain free day with no TN Flare activity, and I actually slept the night through.

Also, today I got all of my racing gear together, and everything fits. But there will be no racing until I get my Trigeminal Neuralgia problem solved.
So for now I have to settle for going out to the garage, suiting up, strapping myself into the cockpit, and going VROOM VROOM a lot.

Rob

like Linda you are forced to do little step and be greatful. Me too, it's like crawling when we want to run free

Linda From Australia
04-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Something REALLY GOOD happened yesterday.

My husband and I got to go for a beautiful drive into the country. And we got to see a piece of heaven ........... Steve's family and home. What a beautiful afternoon we had with them. That is two people I have met from WHL. Steve and Merrilyn

You know what is so fantastic about having Lupus? If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have met these wonderful people.