PDA

View Full Version : Mouth sores.

cheryl_v
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I forgot, what's a good way to relieve pain from mouth sores? I have a couple new ones and a raw feel spot on the roof of my mouth. I just can't seem to remember what I did last time. Thanks in advance.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Im not sure what others use, but i use bonjela and salt water in a glass with warm water and rinse my mouth oh and mouth washes to help me.If you ask your pharmacists,tell them you have Lupus,they will actually advise you of the best stuff to use.

love
Angel.xx

debbie-b
04-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi Sheryl,

My doc. gave me a prescription for BMX SOLUTION. It really helped longterm,the otc only helps for a short time.

Debbie

cheryl_v
04-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks, but I couldn't lie to the pharmacist. Silly I know, but being a christian women I just can't. I turn 10 shades of red just thinking of lieing to someone. Guess my Dad had instilled that rule well. The one thing he never liked, can't say I didn't either.

By the way, is it commomon to have mouth sores with fibro? I know I never got them before all of this began years ago. Actually only started getting them the last couple years.

Would the salt water burn? For the life of me I just can't remember what I used and how it felt. Or how long they last, how long do they?

Hey Debbie, what's BMX solution? Never heard of it. How well does it work?

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
No just stings a little but at the same time i had ulcers and sores in my mouth,i also had a severe gum infection.Puss coming out of my gums,so sore...such a sexy look ....NOT.But the dentist told me the best way to treat and heal it was salt in warm water.I used it,just stings a little but it really worked! Makes you thirsty too,even though you dont swallow the salt water,so get a glass of water for after.Try it...you've nothing to loose.xxxxx

cheryl_v
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Just did after reading your newest post, thanks. It didn't do much, but it was the first time. Going to do it every hour or so. Stung only a little like you said. I like to know what to expect, so that was very helpful knowing. The roof of the mouth stung quite a bit though. Looked with a dental mirror, small sore. Not white like on inside mouth, just like a raw skin looking kind of sore. That's new, makes drinking and eating painful. Even more pain because its right where my tongue rest, causing it to hurt. Maybe lose some of the weight I need too from all this, lol. I do love to snack, so could be a plus. You think with the pain I'd remember the feel and what I did. Oh well, life I guess. How long does it last? I don't remember, but I think 1-2 weeks? Just wanting to know what to expect. I thought maybe dental work, but the sores are no where near the bridge. More symptoms that have no answers, we never get used to that do we.

Fun, fun, and more fun. (hahahahahaha)

Oluwa
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi ya CV...

This info from one of my eons ago previous posts...

Follow the yellow brick road..link.

And here is a link for OTC survey of what works and doesn't...http://www.mouthulcers.org/treatments.php

If you have sores in your mouth (mouth ulcers) or infection..
Brush your teeth regularly with a soft toothbrush using alcohol free mouthwash (a baby’s toothbrush is good)
If your mouth is too sore for a toothbrush, you can clean your teeth with a foam mouthcare stick or a piece of gauze dipped in the mouthwash. Ask your nurse for advice.
If you have sores in your mouth that are crusty, rinse with mouthwash several times a day to loosen the crusts
You could try a gel mouthwash that sticks to the inside of your mouth and reduces pain from mouth ulcers – ask your doctor about these
If you are able to eat, choose bland, soft foods – mashed potato, well cooked rice or eggs for example
Don't eat spicy or salty foods, dry or crisp foods, citrus fruits or juices
If you can't eat, you must continue to try to drink plenty of liquids – water is fine
It is better to take painkillers and be able to eat and drink than to try to carry on without

Use anti fungal or other mouthwashes your doctor has prescribed, even if you don't like them!
Stay away from foods that are sharp or crunchy, like crisps or French bread, which could scrape or cut your mouth
If you can stand it, a salt water mouth rinse can help to stop bacteria growing – use a half teaspoon in a cup of water at the end of your mouth care routine
Avoid alcohol (especially neat spirits), smoking and using toothpicks. They will all irritate the lining of your mouth and may make problems worse.
Some people say sage, thyme and 'German chamomile' help soreness and prevent infection by soothing inflamed skin – steep a teaspoon of dried sage or thyme, or 2 tablespoons of German chamomile flowers in a cup of boiling water for 20 minutes, strain and cool, and use as a mouthwash several times a day.

Loves hugs and all that good stuff.
Oh

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 08:54 AM
When i had mine you have to remember i had a massive infection as well.For me after 4 days i started feeling a little easier.It gets rid of bacteria and starts to heal up the ulcer or sore.Good stuff really a bit of salt.But remember,dont have the water too hot and only use a spoon full.Oh and dont swallow it lol.Oluwa's tips are very good,so read that it'll help tons.

Goodluck and i hope you heal up nicely.
love
Angelxxx

cheryl_v
04-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks Oh for the helpful link. I have a few of those things, so will try a variety and see which soothes the fastest.

Thanks Angel, I try to keep it warm. Made a little to hot once already, oops me.

I feel a new one starting, just great. Like I need another one. Not to be a nag, but does fibro have mouth sores as a symptom? Doc says everything I mention so far is due to fibro, so want to contridict if she's wrong. Still trying to contodict the joint pain, do not see it as a fibro symptom. States muscles and everything we have attatched to the joints, but not the actual joint.

Got to go, the screen is looking blurry. Don't know if my eyes or computer glitch. Either way its making me nauseous, so going to turn it off for a while. Thanks again all.

debbie-b
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks, but I couldn't lie to the pharmacist. Silly I know, but being a christian women I just can't. I turn 10 shades of red just thinking of lieing to someone. Guess my Dad had instilled that rule well. The one thing he never liked, can't say I didn't either.

By the way, is it commomon to have mouth sores with fibro? I know I never got them before all of this began years ago. Actually only started getting them the last couple years.

Would the salt water burn? For the life of me I just can't remember what I used and how it felt. Or how long they last, how long do they?

Hey Debbie, what's BMX solution? Never heard of it. How well does it work?

Hi Sheryl,

Just now read your question, sorry, BMX solution is a prescription from the doc for mouthsores, it really helps. Ask your doc for it, BMX is the name of it, I don't know if it is an abbreviation for something. It says to swish it around in your mouth, but I don't do it that way, because it makes my whole mouth numb, I take a Q Tip and put it on the sore.

Debbie

cheryl_v
05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I see doc in the morning, I'll mention it. Thanks for the info. It would be nice to numb it. I don't think I'd like swishing if it numbed all. Thanks for the input.