PDA

View Full Version : painful sex?

tasha
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
lately i've been experiencing a great deal of pain with sex... and i don't mean joint pain. i mean pain in "that" area. is this more than likely a symptom of lupus directly or could it be a side effect of medication?

this is so frustrating and i'm not sure what to do about it :no:

Angel Oliver
04-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Yes i know how painful it can be and yes i think it is a symptom of Lupus and other illness's too. Just have a word with your Doctor about this as they can help you. Even simple things like lubricants and stuff can help allot. Doctors are more knowledgeable than me,but they can help with this problem,so dont worry to much.Hope this helps Tasha.xxxxxxx

pamjw
04-26-2009, 06:54 AM
I think you should go to a gyno Dr or who ever you get regular exams from.
It could be even be a cyst. I've had them before and it can be painful.
Hope things get bettter for you.
Pam

:wideeyed:

tasha
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
thank you angel and pam... i will ask my rheumatologist when i see her on tuesday, and i think it's almost time for my annual gyno visit anyway. so i will definitely ask about this.

thank you!!

Angel Oliver
04-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh you are welcome.Yes thats a good idea,i never thought of cysts,so your doc will sort you out either way. Others will post here soon too.Good to get others opions as well.

love
Angel.xxx

dsunshine
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
SEX...I miss sex!
I hope all is well with you Tasha and that whatever it is turns out to be nothing major.

tasha
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
SEX...I miss sex!
I hope all is well with you Tasha and that whatever it is turns out to be nothing major.

haha... i miss having GOOD sex. i don't like the painful sex! i hope it is nothing major too, i'm a little worried :hissyfit:

dsunshine
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Don't be worried. I am sure its nothing major. You are going to be just fine. There is nothing you can't handle...Miss straight A's!

mountaindreamer
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
hi tasha,

i too go through this, and sometimes changing position will help, but not always. you should definitely talk to your drs. about it, they might can help. good luck, hope you have a smile on your face soon.

AyahsClan
04-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I experienced years of this. It can be from a number of problematic issues if iy is not caused from simple dryness; fibroid tumors, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, inflammation of the cervex and or uterus and ovaries. I was misdiagnosed for years and did not have any relief until I had my hysterectomy.

wrightrs
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I have something called (Sjogren syndrome) mine is secondary because it either comes from lupus or meds. This attacks healthy tissue of the mucous membranes. tear ducts, saliva glands, digestive tract , and vagina. It causes painful sex, dry eyes and mouth. reumys treat this. This may be something to ask your doctor about.