PDA

View Full Version : Basically new...

ema1976
04-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi. My name is Elaina. I've had this membership for awhile, but honestly, I don't know that I ever posted here.

I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2005 after a long, drawn out time of trying to figure out what was going on with me (I'm sure that sounds familiar!). I've dealt primarily with skin and joint issues but have had some problems with my lungs but nothing earth shatteringly serious. I've had a handful of visits to the ER and had my prednisone up'd each time and then things settle down and then I seem to be okay on the breathing front for awhile.

I seemed to be flare free for awhile. Because I was laid off and didn't have insurance, I am no longer taking an anti-malarial and was weaned off Prednisone shortly before leaving NC to come home to California. I was doing okay for awhile but now I'm not so sure.

I've had some weird things going on lately so I've started looking around for answers. So...that's how I ended up back here. I just wanted to introduce myself.

ema1976
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Or maybe I was diagnosed in 2006? Hahaha. I don't know anymore. I think I first signed up for a membership here in 2006 so that's probably when it was. My memory sometimes is so horrible.

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Lol its ok we all have the same memory problems and understand you fully.So welcome back.I hope you read your other thread you wrote...im telling you to see a Doctor for this pain you have.Im no doctor....but you asked what id do ...so im telling you.....no harm to get checked out hey!!

love and welcome backs
from
Angel.xxxxxxxxxx

Pearl
04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome. Your diagnosis story is familiar. It is important to take care of yourself..get back on the proper medications if you can. If insurance is an issue, look for a lupus support group in your area...perhaps members there can direct you toward some local resources for health care.

Best of luck to you. Hope this finds you feeling well.

Jana

Saysusie
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome to our family:yes: your story sounds very familiar to most of us, I'm sure! I'm glad that you decided to join us...again!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
hi elaina,

welcome to our group, please feel free to ask any questions about your present changes and symptoms. I am so glad you have been symptom free for some time, and i hope you remain so.

is that your daughter in your lap.....she is precious.

ema1976
04-27-2009, 12:12 AM
hi elaina,

welcome to our group, please feel free to ask any questions about your present changes and symptoms. I am so glad you have been symptom free for some time, and i hope you remain so.

is that your daughter in your lap.....she is precious.

Thanks mountaindreamer! The little girl is actually my best friend's daughter. Her kids are more like nieces and nephews to me.

ema1976
04-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Thank you all for the welcome!!

goldieinpain
05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
hey I am new here. I am going through constant flares. I am getting scared. my meds are good but i don't want to run out too soon

Angel Oliver
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Also welcome Goldieinpain too. Have a look round and ask any questions and we will try and help you through this.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx