PDA

View Full Version : Side pain & short of breath

ema1976
04-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. I don't even know if I ever posted here or not. Anyway, I have had some weird stuff with my left kidney (small solid mass) and some pain on that side. The small mass, according to the doc I saw at Duke in NC said that we can wait a little while because it's fairly small and so we have a little time to see what it's really all about. I've never been told I have "kidney lupus". However, I've been having "flank pain" on the right the last few days. I don't have a fever so I don't really think it's a kidney infection. The pain is enough that I hiccup and it hurts! It's a dull pain for most of the day but with sharp pains causing me to stop what I'm doing on and off. I'm short of breath and light headed. If you were experiencing the same thing would you go to a doctor?

I ask because I was laid off and moved home with my family. So...I'm thousands of miles from the doctors I had. I would have to go to an urgent care or an ER or something. I don't have insurance. Would any of you just wait a few days or would you go in right away?

I'm not really sure, you know? I have so many weird pains sometimes that I just don't know anymore what to do. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
- elaina

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi and welcome and im sorry to hear your having pain. To be honest i understand why you are waiting,with the Doctors being so far away,but yes i think maybe do the following:-

1) Do you have a medical helpline you can call for advise? Over here in the UK we do.We call them tell em our symptoms,they tell us if they think its urgent enough for a visit.

2) Can you call a hospital for advise also ?

3) If none of the above,i know its so difficult for you,but yes id advise you to get yourself to see a Doctor.Or this is what i would do anyway. Im no medical person at all,but to me a dull ache for a few days now sharpe pain and light headedness...your body is trying to tell you something and trying to get your attention.

Hope this helps a little and i so hope you get sorted soon and out of this pain.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx

ema1976
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Thank you for the suggestion of calling an urgent care or ER first. And for answering my question. :)

ema1976
04-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I didn't mean to post a laughing smiley!! I just wanted a happy face one. LOL! It makes it look like I"m laughing at you Angel! Just smiling ;)

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 04:36 AM
:) its ok i have used it too at really sad posts....we all do it so dont worry.Just take care and let me know how you get on.

love Angel.xxxxx :)