PDA

View Full Version : This is me...this is what I do. The IBS saga continues. WARNING!!!! poo mentioned

NoodleMom
04-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Oh for Petes sake. Why cant there be a happy medium? Since Oct2008 I have had diarrhea with tons of pain, nausea and vomiting. About six weeks ago the nausea and vomiting and the telltale gut pain started getting better. The diarrhea started to ease up. I was able to begin eating and digesting my food again. My stools were soft and not watery. I even gained back six of the 40+ pounds I lost.
FF to the last few weeks. While my poo is still soft and not watery I have to strain so much and so hard I am surprised I have not broken a blood vessel. I am on pericolace and miralax. I had a massage too. She focused on my gut and intestinal area. I drink tons of water and still no results. I even have used a couple of supositories. Nothing, nada, deniro, zip. I have been so bloated. The pain from the bloating and gas is just about unbearable. You can actually see the bloating. My stomach sticks out like I am four months pregnant. Clothes are uncomfortable. I cannot wear the new jeans that I just bought. I have to wear elastic waist pants. I either just wear my jammies or my work out pants. It had been over a week of no results. I finally decided to get the enema that the doctor suggested. Yeh, it worked. Within two minutes I was going and going and going. Not diarrhea but soft and formed stool.
Never thought in a million years that I would be having conversations about my bowels and their movements or lack there of. :laugh::laugh: I am very thankful that the enema worked. I just hope that my bowels decide to kick in and start working properly. I do not want to become dependant on enemas.

So there ya have it folks....The "goings" on of the Great NoodleMom Movement. Come and join this very extraordinary Movement. Recieve a free roll of TP with every registration. You can TP your neighbors house. Lord knows you wont be able to use it for it intended purpose.

K

adl011
04-25-2009, 06:36 AM
I have the same problems. My bowels seem to cycle. Either diarrhea or constipation. I also get very bloated (so much so my grandma even asked me if I was pregnant once) and the pain is very intense in my stomach. I will go for days without having a bowel movement, and then all of the sudden I have diarrhea for days. I get very dehydrated from this, and I am constantly thirsty and constantly drinking water. It's very frustrating, especially when the diarrhea is kicking in and I'm out in public (I HATE public restrooms, they freak me out).

I've also been having a lot of heartburn after eating or drinking anything, do you get that too? I am going to the rheum in a two weeks, so I plan on asking him about it then, but I'm just curious if it's related to IBS...I wasn't technically diagnosed with IBS, it was just mentioned as a possibility because IBS is so common with Lupus and Fibro patients.

I'm so happy to hear that you have a little relief right now, and I hope that the enema gets your bowels back to their right mind and they stop torturing you! Have a great day!

~Amanda

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 06:48 AM
OH i love a good poo story :) I talk about it all the time!

Im so sorry to hear how horrible your time has been with the IBS.In another thread somewhere i too have IBS and actually look 10 months pregnant lol. Im going through it as well.
I even ask for advice on here. Listen to this.Last week i was put on Codeine Phosphate, yes the pain has eased. But when i saw the consultant she told me,make sure you take Senna as Codeine makes you constipated.You know, it was then i realised i have not been for over a week.Yes im full of SH** :) No wonder im so bloated. I took a senna yesterday and offloaded a little.Oh i feel a touch better.
But i wanted to ask you. Please can you send me a private message explaining what they do with the enima and if it hurts,do they stay and watch with you,do you see it coming out..all the info please.As i too may need one.
Oh what fun poo stories are hey.Not fun in reality,but they do make me giggle.
Hope you continue to be ok and dont have to depend on them my friend.I so understand your discomfort. Oh and dont get me started on Hemeroids....thats another chuckle story for another time!

Love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxx

NoodleMom
04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Angel. You have me just crackin' up. Full of SH** LOL!!

The enema is one you buy over the counter. It gives instructions on the box. It did not hurt at all. It actually worked in less than two minutes. Go to your local drug store/pharmacy and look at the box.

The heartburn I would say has to do with a gastro-intestinal issue. Could be reflux, gastritits, ulcers or GERDS. Gastro-esophageal-reflux-disease.

The bloating sucks and so much for all the weight I lost, I look like a balloon and have difficulty with wearing jeans. Gotta have stretchy material over my belly cuz it actually hurts my skin to have denim touching it as well as it is way to constricting.

Hope we all feel better soon.
Wanting shoot it all to the moon.

K

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh i see.I'll look when i go then,thanks. Yes the bloating makes you feel very tender i know.I can not bend forward sometimes as the pain is so bad.

I am on Lansoprazole the UK name,and it helps the acid refux.You should ask a doctor about it and not suffer in silence.

Glad i made you chuckle. I always seem to talk about poo n trumps,i find it so funny :)

love
Angel.xxxx

gina
04-27-2009, 04:56 AM
I also have ibs, and for six months of dehydration and running to bathrooms i lost 50lb which i needed but now they have me taking folic acid i go the other way, gain back all the weight loss which stinks, and i take a stool softner everynite before bed just so if i go it doesn't hurt stays soft, stomach is very bloated. try eating some yogurt that has the bacteria in it that helps regulate int. naturally that helped me. i also would take imudiom ad for when i had diarehea.

sorry your feeling so much discomfort.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Ive been taking Senna.I tell you...i thought id need stitches this morning :) I swear it was or felt like it was a stone in weight.I was expecting it to have arms and legs :) I so need a softner as the senna has made me let go of a brick lol.
Told you i love talking poo....so funny but so painful.xxxxxxxxxxx

RedHairAngel
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I once had a Dx of Crohn's now they think I have lupus and IBS but I totally understand where you are coming from. Although I don't get constipated too often I do have that dread "D" all the time. The pain and cramping can be unbearable at times. I just wanted you to know your not alone and I totally understand where you are coming from.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I think i got c cause of the codeine phosphate.x

DrinkofWtr
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Drinking good, strong coffee always works for me when I am constipated. Have you ever tried that? I have irritable bowel syndrome too. I started out eating very bland food, like the Dr. said and worked my way up to fiber in my diet. My stomach used to bloat out and hurt like crazy. It still bloats some, but is better than it used to be.

It was really hard to work as a teacher, not knowing when I was going to need to use the bathroom. I was confined to the clock and breaks in my school day. It is so much better now that I don't have to contend with the school schedule, and am at home.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey no ive not tried it,but have to stay off caffine due to insomnia.But its worth a go one day.Thanks for your advice.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx