PDA

View Full Version : My Aunt needs your prayers

Mary Jane
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
My Aunt Tommie, who is like a mother to me, is in the hospital with a staff infection. She woke up last sunday with the entire right side of her face swollen. She thought she had an allergic reaction to something. When she went to urgent care, they found out that it was caused by a small pimple/or ingrown hair in her nose. The told her she had a staff infection, and it is a good thing she went in, because if it went to her brain it could kill her. By wednesday, she still had a fever on and off, and it had grown to the size of a grape...it looked so painful. They finally put her in the hospital for IV antibiotics. I've been going to the hospital after work and staying until about 2am....i'm exhausted too. I hope I don't have a flare from lack of sleep. They finally lanced the cyst today, and relieved a lot of the pressure. I was too tired to go see her tonight, but they have her on a morphiine drip...so hopefully she's sleeping good. So say a prayer friends...for her speedy recovery. Thank you.:angelic:

NoodleMom
04-25-2009, 03:59 AM
Oh no how awful for her. I am praying for her and for you.
Rest now.
K

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Oh Mary Jane OUCH that sounds so painful.I will be thinking of both of you.You get the rest and sleep you need,youve been a good help to her so well done you! I too hope she s sleeping and so glad is on morphine and in the place where they can help her.Thinking and hoping you all get the rest and help you need.Hope she is out of hospital and better very soon.

love
Angel.xxxxxx

Mary Jane
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Thank you both for your prayers...I've stayed home today to catch up on rest...and yes I did go into a flare...I know it's from exhaustion. My Uncle said my aunt is doing much better now that they have releived the pressure from the cyst. I'm going to visit her tomorrow. Thank you again for your prayers.

Angel Oliver
04-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Oh thats such good news.Yes you catch up on your rest and take care.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
hi mary jane,

so sorry to hear about your aunt, but thank goodness she is better now. Sounds like time and rest will have her back on her feet very soon. Now, you must prescribe the same for yourself....you get some rest, sweet dreams.

Rastagirl
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Maryjane....

I'll keep your Aunt Tommie in my prayers....for a full and speedy recovery. Thank goodness they caught this in time for successful treatment. Staph infections are very dangerous...my Aunt, who had Lupus, got one and waited too long to get to the hospital, it went to her heart and she had a massive heart attack and died. It's so very important to never take a chance with any infection or wound that is not healing.

I'm glad she's feeling better and responding to the antibiotics. That's good news.

Please be sure to take good care of yourself too...you've been through a rough time with lots of extra stress. Don't forget to get some rest when you get a chance.

Sending you hugs and promises of prayers for both your Aunt and you.

God Bless,

Lori :heart:

Mary Jane
04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey, all...thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We went to visit my Aunt today. She looks a lot better. She was hopeing to come home tomorrow, but the doctor wants her to stay in a couple more days. they are still giving her mega doses of antibiotics, and will be doing more blood work.

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Hi Mary Jane,

Oh im so glad she's looking a bit better. Hope you got your rest as you are a blessing to her. She is in the best possible place for the help she needs,so a couple more days wont hurt.She'll be home soon feeling much better than she did.

Lots of love
Angel.xxxxxx

Saysusie
04-27-2009, 09:13 AM
MaryJane;
I am so happy to hear that she is looking better and feeling better. Hopefully, she will be able to come home very soon! You and she are in my thoughts and prayers still.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

wrightrs
04-27-2009, 10:09 AM
So glad your aunt is better. I'm keeping her and your family in my prayers!!!