PDA

View Full Version : Who I Am In Christ....

Rastagirl
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a photocopied, yellowed paper in the front cover of my Bible, a printout I got at a women's Bible study I attended a few years ago and I've used it as a reference for awhile now....It helps me remember that I am a special person created by God, that He Loves Me dearly, and that I never walk alone. It's kind of long, so I thought I'd post a small first section of it here to encourage others and remind them of God's promises to us, found in these verses. I encourage you to look up each of the verses listed and read them in full.

WHO I AM IN CHRIST

I Am Accepted in Christ

John 1:12 I am God's child

John 15:15 I am Christ's friend

Romans 5:1 I have been justified

1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit

1 Corinthians 6:20 I have been bought with a price; I belong to God

1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body

Ephesians 1:1 I am a saint

Ephesians 1:5 I have been adopted as God's child

Ephesians 2:18 I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit

Colossians 1:14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins

Colossians 2:10 I am complete in Christ

In His Love,

Lori :angelic:

Pretti in Pink
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us.

AyahsClan
04-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you, your post has convicted, reassured and put my life back in perspective.

I have been neglecting my relationship with our Abba and it is really beginning to show. These are crazy days we are in. It is too easy to get sidetracked.

It is a battle we can't win without the armor of God on daily. We can't forget who we are in Christ.

wrightrs
04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Thank you I will start looking them up right away. I been negletful also. I started out this year on the right track. But where got off.

abbasgirl
04-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks Lori. I was reading and got stuck here...1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit. Then read on and came back to it again. He is with me in this battle...united. I feel very comforted. Thanks.

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for sharing this Lori.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

preshad
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I am 67 yeas old, and have been fighting the lupus battle ever since I was 28 years old. This disease has attacked my body in many different ways, nearly ending my life several times, but I am here to tell you that without my faith in God, and the knowledge that Jesus died for me, and has been with me every step of the way, every day, through the pain and disappointments that lupus had brought to my life over and over for 39 years. I never would have made it this far. Lupus has been a real faith builder for me. It has allso made me more determined to find laughter and joy in the mist of pain and depression(yes there have been times of depression and tears), and has shown me that with God's intervention, I could handle whatever lupus threw in my pathway. This disease destroyed my life in many ways, but it has not destroyed my joy of living. Having lupus led me to a lot of new friends and for that I am thankful. Having Lupus taught me a lot about myself. I am very proud of myself, and my determination to enjoy my life inspite of lupus. Lupus destroyed the plans I had made for my future, but it didn't destroy my zest for living.I laugh a lot, and I pray to God a lot thanking him for the lessons life and Lupus have taught me.
Thanks to Lupus, and the strength God has given me, I am one, strong-willed, determined, old broad.
Praise the Lord.

froggal
05-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Thank you so much lori. You are such a positive influence. I love you girl!

Silentscream
05-05-2009, 03:35 AM
He is the all mightiful and is with us on this battle. He just chooses to watch and do nothing.

Oluwa
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you Lori, for the verses...to read our connection to to God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit.

I am sorry a negative post has been drawn to your positive one...

Hugs..
Love,
Oluwa

Oluwa
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Not a debate...just a comment to Silent's posts
If one doesn't believe in God then they would not believe God chooses to watch and not do anything.

Love,
Hugs.
Oluwa

AyahsClan
05-05-2009, 09:08 AM
He is the all mightiful and is with us on this battle. He just chooses to watch and do nothing.

{{{hugs}}}

Sometimes it sure feels that way. One difficult part of following Jesus and believing He is with me is that we can't see Him with our eyes. We can't always know why He allows pain and suffering. We don't always understand why the Creator of the Universe chose to manifest Himself to his lost children knowing His own children would abandon, torture and kill Him.

It doesn't make sense at all but after walking with Jesus a while He has shown me a few things; sufferings of my past, decisions I made that were based on Christ's values that caused me more suffering, had a reason. He has shown me the lives of people that hurt me that I could have retaliated had I not held on to His values, and how they ended up. He has shown me true blessings and how valuable they are. I just have to cling to Him, to His values and trust him, which is very hard for me because I have been abandoned, hurt and abused by everyone who was supposed protect, love and care for me.

He also has a purpose for my illness, I can see some reasons now but I know it will be perfectly clear when I cross over.

I'm so sorry for your pain,

Silentscream
05-05-2009, 10:18 AM
As an Artiest I had no business posting on these thread. I apologize to anyone I offended.

AyahsClan
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
As an Artiest I had no business posting on these thread. I apologize to anyone I offended.

We are all in this together no matter what we believe; Christians, Jews, Muslims and the Artiest : )

Faith is expressed in many ways. I think the only thing that offends me is Lupus. It is an uninvited guest!

Rastagirl
05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
First off, a gracious, Your Welcome, to Pretti in Pink, Ayah, Becky, Abbasgirl, Angel, Froggal and Oluwa....

I'm delighted you took this in the spirit it was intended...

I'll now share part 2...

Part 1 was 'I Am Accepted in Christ'...

Part 2 is:

'I Am Secure in Christ'

Romans 8:1,2 I am free forever from condemnation

Romans 8:28 I am assured that all things work together for good

Romans 8:33,34 I am free from any condemning charges against me

Romans 8:35 I cannot be separated from the love of God

2 Corinthians 1:21 I have been established, annointed, and sealed by God

Colossians 3:3 I am hidden with Christ in God

Philippians 1:6 I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected

Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of Heaven

2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind

Hebrews 4:16 I can find grace and mercy in time of need

1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me

In His Love,

Lori :angelic:

p.s. stay tuned....part 3, 'I Am Significant in Christ' to follow.

froggal
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
That is so awesome Lori. I sometimes forget that god did not give me the spirit of fear. I tend to fear the unknown. Silent . . . everyone worships and believes in their own way. We just choose to do it as positively as possible. I hope that you find peace in your life and in your suffering.

Lala
05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you Lori,
I expected to find support in this forum, but did not expect to find sisters and brothers.
Grace and Peace,
Laura

RedHairAngel
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
What a great daily reminder who we are and who we need to be in Christ!

Debb i

dsunshine
05-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Lori...thank you so much for sharing this. Sometimes we all have to be reminded of who and what we are and our purpose. We need to be reminded that God has not forgot about us and yes loves us as we are!
What a positive message and I love you for posting!

scubagramplit
05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
AMEN! I am glad to see that you are a sister in Christ, God bless.

Rastagirl
05-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Ahhh, you warm my heart :heart:

Froggal...Lala...Debbi...dsunshine...Scubagramplit ....thank you for your kind words.

I, too, am happy to find other brothers and sisters here. And so happy to find our own special forum where we are safe to offer these words of encouragement and hope to each other.

Stay tuned to this thread....there is still Part #3 to come in the next few days.

All three parts together offer us a collection of verses in the Bible that are promises to each one of us from God. They help me remember that I am a special person with a unique purpose in life and that God loves me dearly. If I ever lose my focus on what is important in life, or feel myself feeling unloved or unvaluable, or begin to lose my hope, I turn to these verses to help me get back on track.

It brings me joy that they are meaningful to you, as well.

In His Love....

Lori

froggal
05-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Lori, I am SO looking forward to it. Thank you for being my little whispering angel . . . always reminding me to be faithful and strong!