PDA

View Full Version : Far infrared saunas

srlindsay
04-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi all,

My wife has lupus and she's considering buying a far infrared sauna from sunlightsaunas.com. I searched this forum and I see that chichibug (Kristin) ordered one in 2007.

Kristin, if you're reading this - has it been helpful to you? Does anyone have recommendations regarding purchasing and/or using this or any other type of sauna, as a way to relieve lupus symptoms?

Sincerely,
Steve

srlindsay
05-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Just a follow-up: we ended up purchasing the 2-person sauna from sunlightsaunas.com and Jina started using it this past week. She's definitely a fan!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-30-2009, 09:45 AM
does she find it helps please keep us up dated as i have used the odd sauna in a spa and always found it made my lupus worse

mountaindreamer
05-30-2009, 02:56 PM
i am with you heidi....heated pools, saunas....i go into a flare in a matter of a few minutes....i stay away.

srlindsay
05-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I talked to Jina about this (FYI - she plans to get an account on this forum soon but just hasn't had the time yet) and here are her thoughts.

Because a sauna has a detoxifying effect, the first several sesions will likely be painful if you have a lot of toxins in your system that are trying to work themselves out. Jina avoided this by starting with a rigid supplement-based detox routine (several weeks long) that a naturopath/holistic healer designed for her.

If anyone is interested in the details, please post a reply and we'll get more information in this thread.

Steve

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-31-2009, 09:00 AM
its not that i find it painful i find it zapps me of all energy for days and i swell up like a ballon for 24 hrs or more after but during its not to bad just bit hot lol :-)

KATROACH1972
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I cant do anything thing heat, or sun related with out flaring. If she can enjoy the benefits, without the flares then go for it! lol sounds relaxing! Kathy