PDA

View Full Version : non lupie member

stoney
04-24-2009, 10:06 AM
hi everyone, got orders from iseedeadmonkeys 2 say hello 2 every1, so HELLO!!!! im norma (or known as mjs mum 2 some of u lol) and have been with jane 4 a while so thought better get on here and learn a bit more as its easier 2 read about lupus 4 me than lipread a load of drugs and medical words......also its a way 2 wind jane up and try to knock her off the games champions!! ive also known a heidi 4 a little while..like 20 yrs (god that makes me feel old-dont say 1 word jane). hope every1 doing well and hope 2 chat soon xx

Rastagirl
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Norma...and welcome... :wavey:

So nice to meet you and read your words.

I'm really glad you decided to join us...and so pleased that you are a part of Jane's life and such a wonderful support for her. Trying to understand Lupus and educating yourself about it, is such a great way to better help the people who have to live with it day to day. Having a loving, caring partner that wants to help you fight this illness is huge for those of us with Lupus. I wish every single person that's diagnosed could have that.

Bless you...and your wonderful kids. Your MJ has won my heart! You've got one tough, gifted son that has much to teach those of us that pay attention. He's a very special boy...and lucky to have you for a Mom.

I look forward to hearing more from you in future posts. Make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions you like...we're happy to help you learn more about Lupus.

Enjoy your Friday!

Fondly,

Lori :cool2:

stoney
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks 4 the lovely reply. to be honest we dont know any different....if uve had lupus 4 a while u might not remember life without it...i dont remember life when mj didnt need help (he had leukaemia twice b4 brain damage) so 2 us its kinda normal. but mj does go thro everything with a smile on his face and laughs at same things....like people falling over lol (typical boy). as far as luck goes i feel that im the lucky 1 bec got the boys and now jane. u got kids? married? xx

iseedeadmonkeys
04-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Hiya hun

And welcome to the forum, im pleased you joined :071:

Sometimes its really hard to describe my every day feelings, and when you ask about lupus, its hard for me to explain, so the reason for me suggesting this forum for you to read thru some of the every day things I & we have have to go thru on a day to day basis.

I just want to also take time to say thank you for sticking by me with everything, i know alot of ppl find it hard trying to find love with lupus cause its hard to keep up with the lupus itself let alone anything else, You have been my rock thru this and you make me happy, i hope that it continues :yes:

Im sorry i cant always keep up with you and the boys all the time, but as soon as my drugs are sorted we can go paintballing and raving lol hmm maybe not but u know what i mean!

Anyway MJ and the boys and me are very lucky to have you too,
Enjoy reading thru the posts, and like RASTA said any questions just ask away

Take care
ISDM
xx

Rastagirl
04-24-2009, 01:00 PM
thanks 4 the lovely reply. to be honest we dont know any different....if uve had lupus 4 a while u might not remember life without it...i dont remember life when mj didnt need help (he had leukaemia twice b4 brain damage) so 2 us its kinda normal. but mj does go thro everything with a smile on his face and laughs at same things....like people falling over lol (typical boy). as far as luck goes i feel that im the lucky 1 bec got the boys and now jane. u got kids? married? xx

Thanks for asking. I've been married to the same guy 25 years...we met very young, I was 15....he 18....he'd just graduated from the same high school as me. We had the love at first sight thing going on...my sister was dating his best friend. We met, hung out and became friends, then fell hopelessly in Love...couldn't be apart a day. I got Lupus at age 18, right out of high school, and he stuck by my side through the hell. I gave him the chance to run...he said, "where would I run to without you by my side?" Awww...my knight in shining armour.. :cute: We got married when I was 20. Broke my back 2 months later and spent the first year of our marriage with me in a hospital bed in the dining room of our apartment, with him as my nurse. Any man that can get thru that, and not run like hell, is pure gold.

We are blessed to have 2 kids...our son, Jordan is 16....our daughter, Haley is 12...she'll be 13 in a few weeks. (At that point I'm checking myself into the loonie bin, as I will have reached that time I never thought would come.....2 teenagers in the house.) :)
I wouldn't be here alive and kicking today without my husband and kids...they are my rocks and my joy in this life!

Hugs,

stoney
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
aww he sounds a good'un. 2 teenagers.....good luck!!! when my kids get to that stage im just gonna chuck me hearing aids in the bin to get some peace lmao xx

wrightrs
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Stoney, iseedeadmoneys, I think is wounderfull you are doing this together. Look forward to talking with you two more.

wrightrs
04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for asking. I've been married to the same guy 25 years...we met very young, I was 15....he 18....he'd just graduated from the same high school as me. We had the love at first sight thing going on...my sister was dating his best friend. We met, hung out and became friends, then fell hopelessly in Love...couldn't be apart a day. I got Lupus at age 18, right out of high school, and he stuck by my side through the hell. I gave him the chance to run...he said, "where would I run to without you by my side?" Awww...my knight in shining armour.. :cute: We got married when I was 20. Broke my back 2 months later and spent the first year of our marriage with me in a hospital bed in the dining room of our apartment, with him as my nurse. Any man that can get thru that, and not run like hell, is pure gold.

We are blessed to have 2 kids...our son, Jordan is 16....our daughter, Haley is 12...she'll be 13 in a few weeks. (At that point I'm checking myself into the loonie bin, as I will have reached that time I never thought would come.....2 teenagers in the house.) :)
I wouldn't be here alive and kicking today without my husband and kids...they are my rocks and my joy in this life!

Hugs,

I think it wonderful what you and your husband have shared together for 25 years. My husband and I will be married for twenty five years in June.

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Oh Norma,

So glad you joined us and i so hope Mj is doing much better.He's like our surrogate son on here.Hope your other children are doing well too. Jane is our very good friend and is like our sister on here.Oh and so glad you are trying to beat her arcade scores.I have a laptop so am utterly rubbish.Oh the laptop excuse sounds fab every time i use it...so if you have one...shhhhhhhhhh :)

love
Amanda (Angel).xxxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
04-25-2009, 08:11 AM
I have a laptop too just for the record lol

xxx

stoney
04-25-2009, 08:18 AM
but u got a seperate mouse we havent lol (well i havent anyway) we gotta use that touch mouse x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey there you!!

glad you joined to find out more and help me beat janes scores lol !!!

i just have to add i am so glad to have you as a friend, we might have popped in and out of each others lives in the past but you have always been there for me from my first day back in a school on england and i thank you for it!!

and i think you deserve as much praise as possible for being such agreat mum and doing what you do

love you my dear friend xxxx

Saysusie
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello and Welcome Stoney!
I'm glad to see that you are enjoying our arcade and that you already have a dear friend here!
You will find all of our members are very caring people..glad you are here with us!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
04-26-2009, 05:08 AM
Hahahahaha oh Jane......yes you have a seperate mouse and that makes it so much easier.I have a touch pad and makes it rubbish at games.Yipeeeeeeeeeee the laptop excuse wins again :)

mountaindreamer
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
hi norma,

it is so nice to meet you....jane is so very special to us, and it is wonderful to know that she has "that special person" in her life and on her team. your joining this group shows just how thoughtful and caring you are.

I agree with others, little MJ has become like our adopted son here, and we always look forward to updates on his progress.

enjoy our little home of the sky.....and don't let jane kid you, laptops are the reason we are bad on the arcade....hers must have a mouse instead of this crazy little square....anyway this is my story and i am sticking to it.

welcome, you are among friends....even if we are often a little strange, we chalk it up to our lupus or meds....

stoney
04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
yeah she has a mouse....but not for long haha thanks for welcome, its nice to meet you guys as jane is always talking about you and i know ur friendships mean the world to her so looking forward top being friends with u 2. love you 2 heidi...just make sure our dodgey school photos stay at home pls lmao xxx

Rastagirl
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Norma...

I just picked up on something....put 2 and 2 together...your comment about dropping the hearing aids in the garbage...and Jane saying she met some of your deaf friends.... I had an 'aha' moment. :veryhappy:

That would be an advantage with teenagers, chucking the hearing aids....I can't shut my kids off. There are times when I wish I could put my fingers in my ears and say lalalalalalala......I'm not listening! You know, act like a kid. But always gotta be the mature mom. It gets pretty frustrating when they can argue with you up one side and down the other. They wear me out mentally sometimes. If only they didn't keep getting smarter and smarter..... :lmao:

Take care.....

p.s. I tell them they're getting smarter, but they'll NEVER be smarter than me cuz I'm their Mom.

wrightrs
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
but u got a seperate mouse we havent lol (well i havent anyway) we gotta use that touch mouse x

Now I know why I'm not any good at the games!!!!!

:panting::thumbs-up::raspberry1::hmmm:

Oluwa
05-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Norma..I am Oluwa...hey! We feel like we already know you, that you are apart of the Lupie family here... from Jane...and the snaps of you and the boys...

Welcome, welcome...Hugs.

Love.
Ho O as Jane calls me..

stoney
05-24-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks oluwa, nice 2 meet u 2. hope u r ok, me and mj r still awake (its just gone ten past 3 in morning here), hes a bit flushed so im keeping an eye in him. we have just finished watching harry potter so might watch goonies next (a fave of heidis too) HEY YOU GUYS!! lol what u up 2? x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Hey you guys!!!!!!!!

stoney
05-25-2009, 02:42 AM
lol u can watch it with us next time heidi...we will make jane watch karate kid too as well...we will say it for mj then she will do it haha x

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Im not watching that rubbish!!! i cant stand karate kid.....bboooorrriiinnngggg!

Anyway waiting for you now to come look after me.....me not like mondays :hissyfit:

i feel quite sick too so may need to go back to bed!

love
moi
x

mountaindreamer
05-25-2009, 06:24 AM
hi ladies,

i see you all are enjoying the day....glad you are sharing with us.

ISDM...sending you a note on our "it's m day" thread.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-25-2009, 07:10 AM
HAY YOU GUYS!!! WAX ON WAX OFF!!! HEHE

i guess it will just have me, you and mj then normsy!!

and sorry you having rough 'm day' hope you fell better soon xxxxx

stoney
05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
all the more popcorn for us then...those bowls didnt last long the other nite did they lol
jane u have to watch it .. 4 mj x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-25-2009, 01:23 PM
yes most dwffo need more popcorn lol
and yes jane think of mjs little face if you tell him you won't watch it!!!
:wideeyed: :cry3:

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Thats a bit harsh init!!!???

Im sorry buti will explain to him...as a true friend he will understand!

lets watch shrek 123 instead wooo

stoney
05-25-2009, 01:41 PM
aw u want to tell mj hes 'just a true friend'...here i was thinking he was ur boy lol x (and he knows he is) x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Thats a bit harsh init!!!???

Im sorry buti will explain to him...as a true friend he will understand!

lets watch shrek 123 instead wooo

only joking with ya janey love you really !!! ;):valentine3:

was thinking we're like 3 stoggies :stooges:

and i'm sure mj will just be happy to watch any film with ya xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanx Heidi

Im guessing im the one in the middle....infact i feel like the one in the middle!

Anyway enough oof this feeling sorry for myself ive been doing it all day!

GET A BACKBONE ISDM!! (note to self)

tiggerlishus - Heidi
05-25-2009, 01:55 PM
anyway enough oof this feeling sorry for myself ive been doing it all day!

GET A BACKBONE ISDM!! (note to self)

don't worry i been doing it most of the day too!!

just know we love you :8::valentine3::valentine2::valentine:

and only joking with ya xxxxx

froggal
05-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi Norma! I think that is so remarkable that you joined to be supportive of your friend. What a special person you must be! Welcome! I am Angie, and pretty much still a newbie here, but I am SO glad that I joined. This site has become my sanctuary! I also have teenagers! I tried to convince them that times were hard and I was going to have to take action like all the big companies are doing and let one of them go, but they didnt buy it. So, I still have two teenagers!

mountaindreamer
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
hi angie,

thanks for the laugh....i like the idea of "letting a teenager go". I imagine you got looks of confusion from your two....thanks, i needed this.

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
My son actually pointed to his sister and said, "Well she is older, she should go first!" What it was like to be 13!:wacko:

stoney
05-27-2009, 05:06 PM
nice to meet u frogga sshhh ur scaring me lol, got all that to come and joe and shane can b bad enough now lol joe (5) nicked choc easter egg that was on top of the fridge the other week. and with melted choc all on his face denied he had taken it and eaten the choc..i had to go out of room so he wouldnt see me smile lol x

dsunshine
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Welcome Norma!
Glad to have you as part of our group!

froggal
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM
I would have had to leave the room too!!! That is too cute! :cute: