PDA

View Full Version : Arcade

Rastagirl
04-23-2009, 01:08 AM
I was viewing my Profile Page tonight, and very sadly noted that I only have 4 highscores left in my Arcade stats. I started out with 10.

Now the reason this makes me sad is because I worked pretty damn hard to earn those....maybe these games in the Arcade come easy to a lot of you, but I'm just not that fast (and no, it's not because I'm getting older as my kids try to insist) and it's not just from brain fog, it's because ever since that first Pong game and Asteroids game came out ages ago, I simply do not keep up with fast moving objects, nor do I want to. So that's why I politely chose the 'easy' games...you know Cat Bowling, and 'Island Mini-Golf', the no-brainers. It made me feel pretty good to know I could knock over a bunch of cats with a bowling ball, or play golf on Gilligan's Island, and actually be a part of the Arcade. But no more. I am sadly exiting the fun Arcade because I can no longer stand receiving Private Messages that tell me my High Score has just been beaten, yet again. Sort of feels like it's adding insult to injury.

So I bid you farewell Arcade...thanks for the fun times you brought me...thanks for giving me some happy moments of triumph...thanks for the memories.

Oh, and to those of you who find your High Scores constantly being beaten by the Arcade-obsessed bunch on this site that must beat every single high score, I kindly suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you delete all the Private Messages about your beaten High Scores in your inbox. Mine got full pretty quickly. :)

Lori :cool2:

AyahsClan
04-23-2009, 01:26 AM
I was viewing my Profile Page tonight, and very sadly noted that I only have 4 highscores left in my Arcade stats. I started out with 10.

Now the reason this makes me sad is because I worked pretty damn hard to earn those....maybe these games in the Arcade come easy to a lot of you, but I'm just not that fast (and no, it's not because I'm getting older as my kids try to insist) and it's not just from brain fog, it's because ever since that first Pong game and Asteroids game came out ages ago, I simply do not keep up with fast moving objects, nor do I want to. So that's why I politely chose the 'easy' games...you know Cat Bowling, and 'Island Mini-Golf', the no-brainers. It made me feel pretty good to know I could knock over a bunch of cats with a bowling ball, or play golf on Gilligan's Island, and actually be a part of the Arcade. But no more. I am sadly exiting the fun Arcade because I can no longer stand receiving Private Messages that tell me my High Score has just been beaten, yet again. Sort of feels like it's adding insult to injury.

So I bid you farewell Arcade...thanks for the fun times you brought me...thanks for giving me some happy moments of triumph...thanks for the memories.

Oh, and to those of you who find your High Scores constantly being beaten by the Arcade-obsessed bunch on this site that must beat every single high score, I kindly suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you delete all the Private Messages about your beaten High Scores in your inbox. Mine got full pretty quickly. :)

I feel your pain :)

froggal
04-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Lori you make me smile! I havent yet had my high score beaten. I only have one, and I feel it coming. I may join you in your abdandonment of the arcade when it happens!

iseedeadmonkeys
04-23-2009, 04:49 AM
**Rolls in, looks around.......and runs**

hmmm how annoying!!

ISDM
xx

wrightrs
04-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Lori, Don't worry they all cheat anyway. We all know you got your scores fair and square.

gina
04-23-2009, 06:19 AM
you give up to early. go back and get those high scores again.
its only a game.

Saysusie
04-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey..don't feel too bad. I don't have any high scores in ANYTHING :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Rastagirl
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
you give up to early. go back and get those high scores again.
its only a game.

You really aren't qualified to say whether I've given up too easily, Gina...since you have no idea how many hours I've spent in the arcade, or how many games I've played and won my championships back over and over again.

I NEVER give up too easily at anything...or else I wouldn't be here after 27 years with Lupus. If there's one thing I am NOT, it's a quitter.

I signed up as a volunteer for Meal on Wheels this week to help deliver meals to the elderly and disabled citizens in my area, and I realized that some of my daytime obligations would need to be moved to my evenings. I decided that posting here on the forum in the evenings and helping others with their questions is a better use of my time than playing games.

My health is also much more important to me, and I decided that having muscle spasms in my arms and shoulders and cramping fingers and aching wrists were not a good thing for my Lupus. Just not worth it. I'd rather spend my time contributing to humanity.

It's definitely not quitting...I call it bowing out gracefully...

Angel Oliver
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Dont worry i got no high scores! I have a laptop...so thats my excuse :)

iseedeadmonkeys
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
**sneaks back into thread**

Too many sheep

Not enough shepards!!

ISDM
xxx

wrightrs
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
You tell them Lori !!!!!!!!

:hissyfit::You_Rock_Emoticon::no-no::laughing-at-you:

froggal
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
I love you Lori. Sometimes bowing out gracefully is the best option. If anyone else thinks otherwise . . . who cares! I know that you made the best possible decision for YOU!! You are a doll, and I hope you know that I love you!

iseedeadmonkeys
04-24-2009, 02:02 AM
hehehe

I second the FROG

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
04-24-2009, 04:45 AM
hi lori,

i know exactly what you mean....you see, whenever someone sets a new record, the game is then highlighted and all of the "experts" jump in an POW the record is broken....

I also agree with Angel, laptops do not stand a chance against the desk tops....the mouse is just much quicker. This is my explanation, and it works for me.

And yes, i finally disabled my prompt of notifying me everytime someone came in a beat me....it was just pissing me off. I was so proud of myself for finding this option.

we know you are not a quitter, i am sure gina was just poking fun at you.....

how great of you to volunteer for meals on wheels.....my plan, after the heart gets better, is to volunteer for meals on wheels or my local hospice, but i am definitely going to do one of them.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Also Lori may i add, who are all these April 09 starters who dont actually post on here, but only go to the arcade?

Do you remember that thread about the arcade ages ago when I had all the top scores?
ppl were a bit miffed with that, so i decided to back off a bit, then my crowns were stolen back from "naming no names" now i see all these newbies who dont actually post on the lupus site itself but are all drawn to the arcade..............you can use facebook and myspace etc for tht!

Anyway i dont give up easily either, but ive noticed a sheep thing going on lol

LaMe

ISDM
x

rob
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't see anything constructive coming from this thread at this point, so I'm going to close the thread.

Rob