PDA

View Full Version : True Fear

froggal
04-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Well, I am all set to have surgery on friday and for some odd reason I am SO totally afraid! It is a major surgery, but a common surgery. A complete hysterectomy didnt sound so scary 8 weeks ago, but all of a sudden, this morning at pre-op I just completely froze. It is something that I know that I must do in order to feel any relief at all. The doctor also insists that it has been known to give lots of relief to lupus patients. I have talked to several doctors, I have done tons of research, but somehow I am still just utterly terrified! I have had 5 surgeries in the past 4 months. I dont know what my problem is! Please send lots of courage my way, and think of me being bored stiff all weekend in the hospital while recovering!! Thanks everyone!

Rastagirl
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Angie...

First off, I just said a prayer for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for the next few days to help you get through this. Of course you're scared. Completely natural whenever surgery is coming up quickly. And the pre-op appointment has a way of really forcing you to deal with all the feelings that go with a major surgery. You need some gentle, caring hugs right now....I'm sending them you're way >>>> :hug:

Wow...you've been through so much. That's just too many surgeries in such a short time. You've gotta be one tough lady to get through all that...to make that many recoveries. So that tells me something...that you've got a strong will and a positive attitude and you know what it takes to get through this. That will take you a long way in getting through this one too. Half of the battle is in the strength of your mind and your determination to help your body go through the healing process.

Might I suggest, if you're not already doing this, that you go to Psalms in your Bible and find the most comforting ones. That is something I always seek out when headed for something as major as surgery. (I use them at all other times in my life, as well, but definitely seek them out for this situation). And when you're in the hospital recovering, take all of us there with you too...in your heart! Know that we are thinking of you and praying for a wonderful outcome, and for a healing process that will get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.

And, of course, don't forget to take a few comforts from home when you go to the hospital....your Bible, your favorite comfy bathrobe and slippers, I would always take small framed pictures of my kids to keep my spirits up, and any other things that make you feel more comfortable during your stay.

When your mind starts to go to the worrying place, close your eyes, take a slow, calming breath, and go to your happy place (I'm guessing there are probably frogs there :veryhappy:) or say a prayer and ask God to bring you a sense of peace.

I'll be waiting to hear how well things went...can your husband maybe post something for us to let us know that you've come the surgery fine?

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

AyahsClan
04-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Well, I am all set to have surgery on friday and for some odd reason I am SO totally afraid! It is a major surgery, but a common surgery. A complete hysterectomy didnt sound so scary 8 weeks ago, but all of a sudden, this morning at pre-op I just completely froze. It is something that I know that I must do in order to feel any relief at all. The doctor also insists that it has been known to give lots of relief to lupus patients. I have talked to several doctors, I have done tons of research, but somehow I am still just utterly terrified! I have had 5 surgeries in the past 4 months. I dont know what my problem is! Please send lots of courage my way, and think of me being bored stiff all weekend in the hospital while recovering!! Thanks everyone!

You don't know what your problem is after having 5 surgeries in the past 4 months? Geeze girl surgery is not something you get better at the more you have it! You would not be normal if you were not filled with emotions.

That being said I can honestly say that my hysterectomy was the best surgery I have had. I've had many too. I felt sooooooooooooo much BETTER almost immediately. I'm not going to lie and say it's a painless party, I woke up very uncomfortable and my personal recovery time seemed to drag out but I only wish I had the surgery sooner.

BTW you prolly will not be bored all weekend you will be sleeping, if not you will wish you were and will gladly roll over when the nurse wakes you up for a shot. You hang in there, meditate till Friday to stay relaxed. It IS going to be OK. You know the drill; Relax, put on the gown, get into the bed, iv goes in smooth as silk, then it is nighty night and you wake up never needing to buy another sanitary napkin.

I gotta tell you about my first trip to the store after my hysterectomy. When I walked down the feminine hygiene products I was all giddy, haha I'll not be needing to buy you anymore! Two weeks later my teenage daughter started her first menstruation so I still had to buy pads and deal with wild psychotic mood swings..lol

{{{hugs}}}

It's going to be OK.

froggal
04-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Lori ~ Thank you for your kind words. I can always count on you to make me feel better.:yes:

froggal
04-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Ayah ~ You just made me smile! Thank you for being a sweetie! I cannot help but laugh about the female products! I also have a teenage daughter, so I havent yet been able to I will never have to buy anymore. I can say however, I wont have to use anymore!! We should start a club! LOL

Saysusie
04-23-2009, 07:11 AM
As with Lori, I have also had many, many surgeries. However, the complete hysterectomy was the best surgery and, OMG, why did I wait soooo long to do it? Like Lori, no more feminine products for me..no more excruciating periods with massive bleeding (uggh). No more planning trips and vacations around my cycle and NO MORE PAIN!!!!
It is a major surgery and does have a recovery period that is lengthy (for me, it was about 6 weeks). However, the long-term benefits are so worth it!
I am sending you my prayers for a successful surgery with positive outcomes!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

wrightrs
04-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Froggirl, I'll be praying for you.I think I need to have this surgery too!!!!

Angel Oliver
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey its natrual to feel this way,its the unknown. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you good wishes all the way.Im sending some of my courage that landed on my step this week.I dont really need it now so here it comes get ready---->---->---->:musik28:'sent'. I know its easy for us to say dont be scared cause im going for an op soon,but i'll be thinking of you and will wait to see you back on here posting telling us all went well,cause it will you know,go well and be over before you know it.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

rob
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Froggal,

I just noticed this post tonight, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I know you are scared, but remember you have the good thoughts and prayers of a bunch of people to back you up. You'll do fine, let us know how you are doing when you can.

Rob

AyahsClan
04-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm praying for you tonight to be calm, confident and sleep well. You will be on my mind and deep in my heart through the night and all day tomorrow.

We will have to start a new club! Maybe we can call it "Freedom from the rag Fighters!

Oh and a little bummer news...after you have your hysterectomy, your teen grows up and moves out and THEN you say HA! Now I REALLY never need you feminine hygiene pads ever again! muaaahahahahahaaaaaa...

..well..you get a short reprieve before the bladder starts to get fussy...lol

Ayah

froggal
04-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks to everyone SO much. You will never know how much your thoughts and prayers mean to me!! Ayah, girl, you always make me smile!! I had bladder surgery in January!! Rob, thanks for always being there. Angel you are always so supportive. Becky thanks for always being willing to help me! Susie, I adore you. You always have wonderful advice and I will never be able to express to you how grateful I am for WHL. I go into surgery in about 8 hours, and then beware of the freedom from the rag fighters!! (that is hilarious by the way Ayah!)

froggal
04-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Well today is surgery day!! I couldnt sleep so I came here, but I know that I need to go back to bed and at least try to get some rest. I will be back home hopefully Sunday afternoon. I will check back in with everyone sometime then. Thanks for everything!!

rob
04-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Today is the day. I wondered if you would be able to sleep, I see you were up for awhile. Good luck today, do what you have to do during recovery, and remember to go easy on yourself. We'll leave a light on for you here.

Rob

abbasgirl
04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi Angie. I wanted you to know I thought about you and am praying for your speedy recovery. I had a hysterectomy, not a complete one, but it was such a relief to me too. That was one surgery I don't regret. ((((Hugs)))) I look forward to your update.

AyahsClan
04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Well it's Friday night, oh I hope the surgery went perfectly and you are comfortably doped up.

Why can't doctors do a tummy tuck and some lipo while they are in the area? I had a mother in law who had a hysterectomy in South America and I kid you not; she did not have a belly button afterwards!

Praying for you,

wrightrs
04-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Hope your feeling better now that your surgery is over and not in too much pain. Praying you will have a speedy recovery.

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Oh im thinking of you and sending you healing vibes through the air waves.Hope on Sunday you are feeling a little bit better as i know its a big op youre having.Goodluck....you are in everyones thoughts on WHL.

love and very very gentle hugs
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

froggal
04-28-2009, 12:22 AM
I am finally home!! I had to stay longer than anticipated due to my platelet count. Then my incisions came open and I had to get them glued back together. While I was there we were evacuated because of a tornado. Needless to say, everything that could possibly go wrong did!! I feel terrible and I promise to stay longer next time I get on here, but I need to get back to bed. I am home and THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!! I love you guys!!

Saysusie
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh my goodness. I am so happy that you are home and I'm sorry that so much went wrong (including the evacuation:hissyfit:) . I hope that your recuperation goes well and quickly. Remember, we are all thinking of you and will be here for you when you are ready to write more. Take your time, get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Rastagirl
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Angie...

It's so good to hear from you...I'm glad you made it throught the surgery and you're back home. Sorry to hear about the extra difficulties...no fun!

You just take care of yourself and get better soon. Hope you have someone to help you while your husband is at work. Get your rest, take it slow and easy, lots of fluids, follow docs orders....you know the drill.

Before you know it, your strength will return and the pain will subside and you'll be back among us again, joining in the conversations and fun. Looking forward to it. :yes:

...Till then, rest easy.

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

MicRoMediC
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
:147:You'll do just fine. I know it's scary and I'm sorry you're going through this. Although I can't relate about the hysterectomy, I have had a lot of bad news and two surgeries in the last two months. Please keep us informed about your status and progress. Take it easy after surgery and don't stress yourself out!

AyahsClan
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
OMG a freeking tornado! You just set a new standard for Murphy's Law on having a hysterectomy.

Been so concerned about you, glad you are safe and home. Hope you heal fast.

Froggyhugs,

sugarfoot52
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM
You have my prayers also, and I will be thinking about you with all positive thoughts.

Angel Oliver
04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Hope your pain eases soon.Im thinking of you and so glad you are home now.Just rest and know we all are thinking of you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

froggal
05-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks everyone!! I have been back to the hospital with a post infection. I got home AGAIN today. I will update more tomorrow after I have a little more "at home" rest. (it is SO hard to get decent rest when they wake you up every 4 freaking hours!!) I have absolutely missed everyone, and I am so thankful for all the prayers, thoughts, and brave waves that were transmitted to me!!! I love you all!!

MicRoMediC
05-02-2009, 06:07 PM
glad you're doing pretty well. glad to see you made it back to us!

froggal
05-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Murphys Law is SO absolutely a perfect description of what happened!! EVERYTHING went wrong. The icing on the cake was they actually put me on the maternity floor after my surgery and every new nurse that came in kept asking where my baby was!! My husband finally got mad and said cant you post a sign on the door that says 35 yr female . . . just had hysterectomy, sensitive mother that even considers the family pet her fur child!! It was really insensitive and very annoying!! It obviously was written right in my chart!!

rob
05-04-2009, 07:35 AM
It's so go to have you back finally! Murphy's Law can be a real pain in the rear. I'm glad you're home, and on your way to a full recovery. Asking you where your baby was after a hysterectomy...

Open mouth, insert foot.

Oh well, welcome back!

Rob