PDA

View Full Version : Flu And Flares Don't Mix

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Yesterday I started getting the flu. But I also had a very bad year with my Lupus. Beginning to wonder when I'm going to start getting better. Right now it seems like no light at the end of the tunnel. I hope my lupus symptoms won't get worse from this.

KATROACH1972
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
So sorry Becky! that is no fun! Dang Lupus flare bad enough without extra junk! I am sorry, and I know how you feel. It seems that one thing clears up and something takes its plcae! Sorry, sweetie! hugs to you God bless and big nice hugs to you! Kathy
Yesterday I started getting the flu. But I also had a very bad year with my Lupus. Beginning to wonder when I'm going to start getting better. Right now it seems like no light at the end of the tunnel. I hope my lupus symptoms won't get worse from this.

Angel Oliver
04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh no ....your poor thing...flu as well. I know you'll feel so rubbish right now, but just you rest and keep posting when you can.I know it must seem never ending,but just have hope...cause one day you will wake up and feel the 'ease' again.Maybe just a little....but just enough to make you smile again.Get lots of water down you,tissues,rest and hang in there.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 02:47 PM
So sorry Becky! that is no fun! Dang Lupus flare bad enough without extra junk! I am sorry, and I know how you feel. It seems that one thing clears up and something takes its plcae! Sorry, sweetie! hugs to you God bless and big nice hugs to you! Kathy

Thanks so much. Good luck tomorrow.

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh no ....your poor thing...flu as well. I know you'll feel so rubbish right now, but just you rest and keep posting when you can.I know it must seem never ending,but just have hope...cause one day you will wake up and feel the 'ease' again.Maybe just a little....but just enough to make you smile again.Get lots of water down you,tissues,rest and hang in there.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx

Angel, Thanks hope I can do more soon. I'll listen to you sing some more!!!

Angel Oliver
04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes.....and the audience of cats to keep us company as i sing.I think some dogs can hear my voice too...so high pitched :)

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes.....and the audience of cats to keep us company as i sing.I think some dogs can hear my voice too...so high pitched :)

Yes dogs love that high pitched singing!!!! I watch Idol to night. There voting off two since they kept 1 last week !!!!

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Husband has flu now too!!! Don't think I can handle that!!!

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
What does every boby do when they come down with something in the middle of a fare ?

:tired3::7::5::omg:

froggal
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Becky I hope you start feeling better soon. If I have other issues well amidst a flare, I simply lay in bed and try to get LOTS of rest. That usually is the only thing that helps at all.

lucky7
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
So sorry Becky for your ookiness!!! It usually does flare you somewhat when you get an illness unfortunately. Ive experienced that anyways. I usually have to pamper myself that much more.Ive noticed it takes a REALLY longtime to get over it because of my Lupus. Our immune system is that much weaker remember due to this,ive been told by my dr to watch who im around and where i go because of exposure to bacteria, we get sick that much easier. I was exposed to mold spores for one yr straight without knowing it and boy was that my hardest yr! My body was attacked by it 2-3 times a week so i was NEVER well. I found out about it alot later than i wished i had. Oh well, now i know! LOL Make sure you get EXTRA rest, EXTRA fluids and eat that chicken noodle soup! LOl Seriously, they've done studies and it DOES help you heal sooner! I hope you feel better SOON my friend:cute:XXXXXXXXXXX

wrightrs
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks everybody i'm starting to feel better. Everything's in my sinuses now so my whole face hurts and still feel weak.

wrightrs
04-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Still having fever last night!!! sinus prob too!!!