PDA

View Full Version : numb fingers

gina
04-21-2009, 04:14 AM
does anyone get numbness in there fingers i wake up at nite with the last three fingers feeling like going numb.
they don't tingle like when falling asleep,
if i shake them enough goes right away with no tingling.
last year i would wake up and top of my thighs did that with my fingers.
doesn't make sense that only a few fingers along to the side of that hand do that. not all fingers or whole hands.:no:

mountaindreamer
04-21-2009, 06:01 AM
monrning gina,

numb fingers or toes is something that many of us suffer with, usually means a diagnosis of Raynaud's syndrome, a common syndrom that attaches itself to SLE.

do your fingers also get really cold? If it would make you feel better, you could call your drs. office and report this new symptom to them.

gina
04-21-2009, 06:22 AM
thanks, i haven't really check to see if fingers are cold.

cold to touch or feel cold?

i told dr. a long time ago but the symptoms disappeared, i will right a note to self and put in wallet to tell dr. next month when i go. or do you think i should call them now?

mountaindreamer
04-21-2009, 06:28 AM
hi gina,

my fingers and toes get cold to the touch and they feel cold.

remember, our symptoms can come and go, so whenever you have one, write it down to discuss with dr. If you have dr. visit coming up soon, you will probably be ok to wait and discuss at that time. However, if the condition comes back and continues to get worse, a phone call won't hurt.

glad you are writing it down so you won't forget to talk to dr. about this.

cptnblah
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
MD is right on the money. I get that also. My steroids make me sweat in the winter even when I sleep on the blankets. However, my hands and feet are like ice and change the wildest colors. It makes me feel like a mess. I tell my wife..."You think that you have it bad going thru the change...sheesh!"

LOL

Angel Oliver
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes i get it too.:yes:

lucky7
04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Phyllis is right, symptoms are always coming and going so charting it is the best way to keep track! I get the cold hands and feet really bad ALL the time and numbness and tingling can follow right along with it at times! My husband is always jumping out of his skin when i touch his bare back to warm me up cuz im so cold! :shock2:

gina
04-22-2009, 04:47 AM
thanks everyone, just one more question not all fingers go numb just the last three and side of hand. is that a symptom?

rob
04-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi Gina,

I agree, it sounds like Raynauds. I've been dealing with some numbness in my extremities and my neuro is trying to figure out if it's Raynauds or CNS damage from MS. It's probably the latter. My mother also has SLE and she has Raynauds. Her symptoms sound like yours. Like MD said, write it all down.

gina
04-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Ok thanks everyone i haven't been keeping a journal at all. when i get off work i will get my sons compostion book and start a diary. i was told this before just don't ever do it, but if i leave it out on counter maybe that will help.

DrinkofWtr
04-22-2009, 07:56 AM
I get about a quarter of my hand that goes numb. I had some nerve testing done and was told it was nerve damage probably from all the falls I have had in the last few years. If I were you, I would have it checked out by the doctors.

gina
04-22-2009, 08:00 AM
thank you. i just thought it was nuts for just part of hand to do that not whole hand. and it doesn't feel like when it goes to sleep but doc. didn't understand what i said a year ago about it.

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 01:03 PM
My fingers get numb and cold. So do my feet in winter I sleep in slippers and gloves!!!!

dsunshine
04-22-2009, 02:22 PM
WOW...Gina!
Thank you for bringing this up. I never gave it much thought as when I was experiencing numbness in my fingers I was in so much pain in my knees,feet, ankles, arms, wrist that I didn't pay attention as I could and would only focus on the pain. I too exerienced this back in Nov. Dec. 2008 when I was first diagnosed. I haven't experienced it since but I am so glad you brought it up as now I will be more conscious of this. This site is so wonderful and I am glad I joined as I get educated everyday ready some of the threads and entries. The people on here are absolutely wonderful and provide more answers than my doctor has when it comes to certain things, which is so helpful. It helps me more now that I am outta pain and can actually focus on what is being said!
Hope you get the answers you need and that this sympton passes!

Take care

maguadalupe
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I Have it too. When i started only two fingersgot numb At first i thought that dr were smart but their not I found some of them that have no idea what to do. First dr told me that i should just not touch not thing cold, second dr told me that i have a flu thats why my finger was changing colors ,The third dr he finally said i don't know why your finger changing colors.Finally i gave up when to loyola university in maywood the dr said that he saw something in my blood but he couldn't tell me so i got send to rymeth. dr . but know my finger turn purple know also toes started this year when i stand at work my toes get numb your not alone

maria

gina
04-23-2009, 06:23 AM
wow so many of us have this symptom i thought i going crazy couldn't believe something like that was goin on. it stop for awhile but last week was stressful than all of sudden it came back.
so i am going to keep a journal with entries everyday so i am more aware of whats going on.

i agree this site is the best one i have been on. the people are great.:yes:

lucky7
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Boy isnt that the truth dsunshine!! We DO get MORE answers here than at the docs!! :skeptical: Pretty sad huh!!!:no: