PDA

View Full Version : MountainDreamers heart op soon!

Angel Oliver
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I hope Phyllis doesnt mind me sharing this with you all,so here goes.

On April 28th she has a heart procedure to help get her heart back into the right rhythm.It will take 5 hours!

I thought id share it so we can all send her healing vibes and support to help her through it on the 28th.

MountainDreamer helps so many here all the time,so now its our turn Phyllis.

Lots of love
Angel (Amanda)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ria0331
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear that she is having heart surgery. I wish her all the best of luck it isn't easy going under the knife expecially when it deals with the heart. I will say a prayer for her and know that GOD will hold her tight through this time of need. Hugs each and everyday.

wrightrs
04-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Think you Angel for letting us know. Phyllis you will be in my prayers. Does your heart condition come from lupus?

sarahp
04-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Dear Phyllis, Sending get well and healing vibes your way for your op on the 28th xxx
Thank you Amanda for letting us know xx

debbie-b
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Dear Phyllis,

All of our thoughts are going to be with you.
Hurry up and get well, so that you can be back here with us.

Debbie

AyahsClan
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Thank you so much for letting us know. Will certainly keep her in prayer. Is there anyway we can be privately messaged her hospital information so we may send cards?

{{{{{{{{Phylis}}}}}}

@}-,-`---

BadFlareDay
04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Heres wishing for a speedy recovery!

Faith
04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I will keep Phyllis in my prayers. I hope all goes well.

Thank you for letting us know Angel.

Faith

Pretti in Pink
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Praying and claiming a successful surgery for you Phyllis.

mountaindreamer
04-19-2009, 06:39 PM
wow, what a huge surprise,

thanks to everyone, i did not expect Angel to do this, but is guess she is really feeling feisty now, and is on a roll....you keep rolling my friend.

I have atrial fibrilation, my heart will not stay in rhythm, and speeds up to 160-180 beats per minute, and my regular rate is between 60 and 80. It is not related to lupus, it is something totally unrelated. I have been living with this for some time now, but recently it has gotten worse, and only after joining this group did i decide that i should get everything checked....i thought my fibromyalgia was causing the pressure and whacky rhythm.

I went to see my GP, she did a ekg, put me in a wheel chair, and her nurse rolled me accross the hospital parking lot and into the emergency room (her office is in the professional building on the hospital grounds, and when she called the er and requested they respond, they told her it would be 30 minutes before they could come get me) ....i was there three days, and came home with a diagnosis for something that "was not just my lupus". It was amazing, i had a physician's assistant that was watching out for me while in the emergency room, and i heard her tell someone that i was fine, my lupus was causing this....i wanted to get up and slap her, but she did successfully conduct a precision treatment on me that got my heart back into rhythm and slowed down.

So, the cardiologist tries me on different meds, and my heart rate slowed down to 30 beats a minute, so off to the hospital i go again, got it back up, changed my meds, and home again i went.

The procedure involves going into both sides of my groin, following the vein (with a cathater (sp)) up to my heart. They are going to encircle one of the nodes that transmits the electricity to my heart with a balloon, freeze the node, and kill it. This is an incredibly vague description of the procedure...they have explained everything using all their big words, and i forget before i even leave the office... Sometimes i want to say "you know i have lupus brain fog, and will never remember this stuff"....but i don't.

I only have to stay in the hospital for one night, they just want to make sure that the places in my groin are not going to bleed. I will be fine after a few days of rest, and look forward to my heart not jumping all over my chest.

thanks to everyone, i truly appreciate each of you, you all are my family and i will be sure and keep you posted....

Saysusie
04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Phyllis;
For such a complicated procedure, I can't believe that it only requires one day in the hospital:wideeyed:
At any rate, I am wishing you a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and a perfectly working heart:heart:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
04-20-2009, 04:47 AM
wow, what a huge surprise,

thanks to everyone, i did not expect Angel to do this, but is guess she is really feeling feisty now, and is on a roll....you keep rolling my friend.

I have atrial fibrilation, my heart will not stay in rhythm, and speeds up to 160-180 beats per minute, and my regular rate is between 60 and 80. It is not related to lupus, it is something totally unrelated. I have been living with this for some time now, but recently it has gotten worse, and only after joining this group did i decide that i should get everything checked....i thought my fibromyalgia was causing the pressure and whacky rhythm.

I went to see my GP, she did a ekg, put me in a wheel chair, and her nurse rolled me accross the hospital parking lot and into the emergency room (her office is in the professional building on the hospital grounds, and when she called the er and requested they respond, they told her it would be 30 minutes before they could come get me) ....i was there three days, and came home with a diagnosis for something that "was not just my lupus". It was amazing, i had a physician's assistant that was watching out for me while in the emergency room, and i heard her tell someone that i was fine, my lupus was causing this....i wanted to get up and slap her, but she did successfully conduct a precision treatment on me that got my heart back into rhythm and slowed down.

So, the cardiologist tries me on different meds, and my heart rate slowed down to 30 beats a minute, so off to the hospital i go again, got it back up, changed my meds, and home again i went.

The procedure involves going into both sides of my groin, following the vein (with a cathater (sp)) up to my heart. They are going to encircle one of the nodes that transmits the electricity to my heart with a balloon, freeze the node, and kill it. This is an incredibly vague description of the procedure...they have explained everything using all their big words, and i forget before i even leave the office... Sometimes i want to say "you know i have lupus brain fog, and will never remember this stuff"....but i don't.

I only have to stay in the hospital for one night, they just want to make sure that the places in my groin are not going to bleed. I will be fine after a few days of rest, and look forward to my heart not jumping all over my chest.

thanks to everyone, i truly appreciate each of you, you all are my family and i will be sure and keep you posted....

Hi Phyllis,

My sister had the same thing done, she was in the hospital for a week, BUT that was in Germany. In Germany you stay in the hospital for a week, after having a baby, they don't kick you out as fast as they do here. Again good luck and chin up, we are pulling for you.
BTW, my sister said the op was no big deal.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Phyllis,

Hope you are getting all set for the 28th and not worrying too much.We'll all be thinking of ya on the day and sending good vibes to you.Who is looking after Roscoe? Oh and is your daughter doing ok?

love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

Rastagirl
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow...this one slipped past me, Phyllis.

I'm joining the others in wishing you a successful operation...and a very speedy recovery. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best medical care available to you...I'll pray for peace of mind and strength for you as you head in to the O.R....and for the doctors and nurses who are caring for you. And I'll add a few prayers for your kids, who I know will be worrying and waiting for all of this to be over.

You just keep your thoughts focused on how good you're going to feel once they fix you up....and thoughts of each of your kids and your beautiful grandchildren, who love you so very much. And don't forget your Roscoe...he'll be there for you when you return home and keep you company as you recover.

We all Love you here...and you can take that with you into this surgery as well.

We'll all band together next Tuesday and think of you throughout the day...sending you a big WHL grouphug.... :grouphug:

Much Love,

Lori :heart:

mountaindreamer
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
thanks angel and lori,

my procedure starts at 8am central (that is 2pm for you A). It will last 4 to 6 hours, My son Lee is coming to town to take care of Roscoe and my daughter's dog...she is still in Australia. I told Lee that i would rest a lot better if i knew he was here taking care of the dogs, than if he was at the hospital.

Amber will be with me, and my parents are coming to town...Jim will be on the road, but he will be around next weekend to help me. I am so fortunate to have the support....plus all of you guys here in my family of the sky.

Pearl
04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Sending prayers and well wishes your way.

Jana

Angel Oliver
04-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Oh Phyllis im glad too.They will be happier with Lee as they know him. Just before you go to sleep.....on the big day....just remember...we are all around the bed with you all holding you,brushing your hair...painting your nails.....massaging your feet.....giving you positive words...so you just relax at that point just think of us all thinking of you!!

Love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx

KathyW1958
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi Phyllis my prayers are with you and I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
Kathy

mountaindreamer
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
hi everyone,

thanks angel, i will definitely be imaging all of you pampering me.

i will be around tonight, and then will be off for a few days. i have to go to hospital tomorrow for tests, then will be staying in a hotel close to hospital because i have to be there at 6:00 am tuesday morning, then procedure and have to stay at least one night....so,. i should be back by wednesday night. I will be on later tonight for a while.

just want to thank all of you again, it is amazing how much strength your support has given me.

NoodleMom
04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Praying hard Phyllis

Angel Oliver
04-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi Phyllis,

Just to say....ive got nail varnish in pink, so as they begin the sleepy drug....i'll start applying the varnish then,so just relax.Now i'll take it off just before you wake...so dont worry if you have no pink varnish on when you wake up :)
Hope all goes well and you'll be home before you know it. Im having a silogram tomorrow so if im not on to wish you a welcome back...im still thinking of you,so dont forget it.
Sending you gentle hugs and we'll miss you.
love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx

wrightrs
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
I just wanted to let you know that your in my thoughts and prayers. Glad your family will be there for you. Hope you have a quick recovery.

maguadalupe
04-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I sorry you our going though this i will keep in my prayers but i know everything will be okay

talk to you later
maria

Rastagirl
04-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Phyllis....

I've been thinking of you since I woke...praying for all to go smoothly for you today. May the Angels gather round you and keep you safe throughout everything.... :angelic:

You have sent so many angels to all of us, at all times that they are needed, so I'm asking all of them x 20 to keep guard over you and bring you blessings for today.

I'm praying for success with this procedure...a quick recovery...and a healthy, happy heart to take you through many more years of love and joy in your life.

Get well soon...we need you back among us at WHL, strong and full of life.

Fondly,

Saysusie
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Thinking about you today and hoping that all goes well. When you can, please let us know how your procedure went and how you are feeling!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

AyahsClan
04-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Praying for you today, waiting for the good news that it went perfectly and you are comfortable.

MicRoMediC
04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Thoughts and prayers always!

We're all waiting to hear everything went wonderfully!:wideeyed:

wrightrs
04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Just to let your know I'm still praying. Hope your resting well and have no pain. And we see you back soon !!!!

mountaindreamer
04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
hi everyone,

my procedure is over, was a great success, and i am recovering nicely at home....i don't believe it sent me into a flare. my lupus was being controlled pretty well with the mtx, and apparently it carried me through the procedure. i had some pretty severe pain the day of procedure, when i had to lie flat on my back for 6 hours, but we had made prior arrangements, and the staff kept me as pain free as they could....at first they were giving me dilaudid, and getting no results, my daughter told them that i take dilaudid already for lupus flares, so they started with morphene injections....this worked some, but i was still pretty miserable.

dr. said i have good veins, and his job was easy....hopefully, now with my heart rhythm staying calm, my fatigue will be reduced other than what lupus causes.

thanks for all of the prayers, i am so happy to be back.

i can't drive for four days, so i will probably be around a lot.

Angel Oliver
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
OH Welcome back Phyllis.

Did you like the nail varnish and the massge just before the op? I hope so.I took it off before you woke as it was sereese pink :)

So glad all went well,but sorry you started flaring.Now hopefully in time,you feel the benefits of the op and have less fatigue and funny beats in your chest.

I was thinking of you allot and sending the good vibes to ya. Glad you are resting and getting on the mend.

We missed you!!!!
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxx

wrightrs
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Glad things went well and your at home resting. Take it easy and don't over do it. Glad your back here giving out your good advise. Your still in my prayers. hugs:yes::laugh:

Rastagirl
04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Phyllis.....So glad to hear it went well and you're back in the comforts of your home and resting and recuperating.

I sure hope this does the trick and keeps your heart going strong and beating like it should for a long time to come. Thank goodness you had a good doctor and hospital staff that took excellent care of you.

You keep resting up and enjoy yourself in the Arcade. I join the others in saying, "we're so glad to have our mountaindreamer back among us"!

Time for a WHL family celebration.... :fam21:

Hugs n Love to you....

p.s. Is everything right in Roscoe's world again? Bet he missed you.

mountaindreamer
04-30-2009, 05:58 PM
hi everyone again,

i don't know how i missed all of your thoughtful posts sending me angels, pink finger nail polish, good wishes, etc. but, i did....thanks so much for all of your kind words...it is so good to be back.

i have a question about posts. when i came on this afternoon and wanted to update my progress, i had to go all the way back to page 6 under "Lauri's Lounge" to find it, so i just went to the end and posted a reply, now i find all of your posts that were just sent to me 2 days ago....my question is this: was there that many threads in the past 2 days, or is there something that i don't understand about searching unread threads? Also, this thread was not even highlighted as unread....I just worry about how many threads i might be missing, and people may think i just don't care.

i missed each of you.....angel, i was wondering why everything had a pink tint to it.....i just thought i had been given some really good drugs. now i know you sent the color to me....thanks.

Oluwa
04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh, how did I miss this thread. Like you Phyllis I miss so many threads. Times it says I have marked threads read and never had... I asked Conrad about it waiting on his reply...but anyway back to you.

I wasn't too happy when I started to read the thread, feeling your worry, your pain, your fright...and elated when I finished you had the procedure and it was a success.

Though I don't pray for specifics unless known I always pray for all of you...

Keep well...hugs and loves,
Oluwa

AyahsClan
04-30-2009, 08:13 PM
hi everyone,

my procedure is over, was a great success, and i am recovering nicely at home....i don't believe it sent me into a flare. my lupus was being controlled pretty well with the mtx, and apparently it carried me through the procedure. i had some pretty severe pain the day of procedure, when i had to lie flat on my back for 6 hours, but we had made prior arrangements, and the staff kept me as pain free as they could....at first they were giving me dilaudid, and getting no results, my daughter told them that i take dilaudid already for lupus flares, so they started with morphene injections....this worked some, but i was still pretty miserable.

dr. said i have good veins, and his job was easy....hopefully, now with my heart rhythm staying calm, my fatigue will be reduced other than what lupus causes.

thanks for all of the prayers, i am so happy to be back.

i can't drive for four days, so i will probably be around a lot.

Ouch that sounded painful but congratulations on the success!

debbie-b
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi Phyllis,

I am glad you got through it. Hopefully it fixed the problem for ever and you can go on with your life. Our friend LUPO is heavy enough to carry around, we don't need another burden to carry with us.

Debbie